Grandfathered

0.92% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
    Reply With QuoteQuote
     –  Last edited by Hermanator; Sun 05 Aug, 2012 10:58 PM.
    As someone who was born in 1995 I was not alive to experience any of Star Trek: The Next Generation; so I have only seen Star Trek: The Next Generation Season 1 when it was far past its prime. Before Season 1 Blu Ray, Season 1 was extremely blurry and at times almost unwatchable as the detail and special effects were so very dull. As I watched the Standard definition I felt a lack of excitement which I never felt with the other Star Trek Series’, that was due to me feeling separated from what was happening on screen.

What the Blu Ray version has done is add the original data and information which were removed when the film was converted to the 1980s Standard Definition. It also seems that they have added more effects to the film e.g. Planet atmosphere (I think). The Colour is now far more vibrant. The Crystalline Entity in itself is mind-blowing, which I believe was Reconstructed from scratch due to CBS losing the original film.

The Menu navigation is one of the greatest menu navigations for a DVD/Blu Ray ever, it’s a LCARS system to rival dare I say the UFP Website. It’s clean and crisp, something that any Trekker can appreciate. The Box has many extras which are also well worth watching from Screen/Wardrobe tests to Reunification of the Cast and how they created the Blu Ray Box Set.

The only problem I have with Star Trek Season 1 Blu Ray is with Star Trek Season 1. Which can mostly be blamed on Troi and Riker, but they can be blamed for almost every bad TNG episode, just as Erzi Dax is to Blame for Every bad Deep Space Nine Episode, Just as Bloody Chakotay is to blame for every bad Voyager Episode. But I’m not here to review the episodes, but rather tell you all what I think of the Blu Ray Conversion.

I think it’s great, it’s the set which made me watch Season 1, and you know what I loved every good and bad moment of the First Series. I know for Sure I will preorder Season 2 Blu Ray and all future seasons just as long as they convert it to the same quality of this rather great set.

Kind Regards
    Hermanator
    Hermanator
    Hermanator Medals