Started By:
Federation Executive Office, Fri 16 Nov, 2012 3:30 AM
Views:
Replies:
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Noram
    It is with great regret that Starfleet Command (SFC) must together, with the support of the Elite Strike Force (ESF), dishonorably discharge Mugato from the fleet. Mugato’s removal is a result of over a year’s build up of conflict between him, SFC, SFHQ, the membership and now ESF (formerly known as FSOG). In order to understand our reasoning behind this discharge, Starfleet Command has organized this announcement with a careful attention to detail. Evidence will be de-classified and presented to you in full and as always feedback, concerns and commenting will be left open to you, the membership.

This was by no means, an easy decision and is indeed one of the most regrettable decisions we’ve had to make in quite some time. We hope that you read through the reasons why we have taken this action, to gather the other side of the story that some members may not have been aware of.

Early Developments
    To understand the foundation and railworks of how this conflict started we must first look onto the past. During the Summer of 2011, and before joining the fleet in August of that year, Mugato was a member of 12th Fleet. Through 12th Fleet Mugato tried making a group similar if not identical to that of what was formerly FSOG; called MACO. From our initial understanding, 12th Fleet held some reservations about its development and in the end of it all Mugato had to be removed from 12th Fleet for various reasons of which I will now reveal through a declassified letter between Defence Secretary Mikester92 and a 12th Fleet representative at the time. This letter was sent to Mikester92 and SFC at a time when Mugato was considering joining the UFP.

Originally Posted by 12th Fleet Ambassador
    I hope some of what I'm providing below may help you understand where we were with this person when he left the fleet. I hope some of it helps. This first post is from from FEB. and is a 'recap' report.:

It is with sadness that I must report the removal of Katgato (wildmugato) from the fleet. The decision to remove him has taken several months of intense discussion, talking to him, trying to make the situation better for everyone, but in the end the decision was made that 12th Fleet did not fit him as a person.

Many months ago, soon after Kat was recruited into the fleet, he began causing a lot of drama in the Recruitment forum. He claims it was roleplaying but he would bash any division other than Maco (which he was in at that time).

This escalated, dragging others in and forcing me and Nishka to have to edit and even sometimes to delete his and other's posts. Eventually I had words with him, saying that some of his posts were rude and offensive. He acknowledged this but still made these posts.

After another talk he finally stopped, but created a thread in the Maco forums, demanding that others stop too.

I believe it was also around this time that Esray had to step away from the fleet for a while and so Ezme had a discussion with Kat that he shouldn't demand things of people, especially when he was causing most of it.

Kat then proceeded to bash Esray, saying that he was running away from it all. Ezme defended Esray, as he has and continues to do great things for this fleet. Due to his behaviour, he was passed up for promotion, as he was not ready to lead.

This infuriated him, causing him to (to this day) hold a grudge against Ezme. Drama ensued and a long discussion took place in which many ideas were thrown around including removal from the fleet.

However, we hoped we could avoid that scenario, and Nishka took Kat under his wing in Medical.

The monthly promotions came around. In Medical, promotions to Captain are voted on by current Captains. They voted Liquidzoo in as Captain. Kat however, just saw this as Nishka passing him over for promotion.

Kat transferred to Intelligence. By this time, we (command) knew that with this string of behaviour, he should not be promoted to Captain. Thus, Kat was made fully aware that he was unlikely to be promoted any time soon.

During Kat’s time in Maco, Ezme suggested that they needed to run more STFs for the fleet. Ezme had a weekly STF night which was very successful. The STFs were smooth, fast and everyone had a good laugh. Kat also began doing some runs, which weren’t initially as successful as they became.

During the holiday period at the end of the year, Ezme had to put a hold on these runs as she has a family, and one of our main guidelines in 12th Fleet is that real life comes first. This made Kat’s runs far more popular, as he was then the only one regularly scheduling them, combined with the release of the Borg STF loot and the groups filled up quickly.

Kat asked for an STF division. We said we did not think it was viable because we didn't want members to feel they had to be in that Division to do STFs. Kat proceeded to demand the division, and that he be the leader of it. Eventually we calmed him down and all was (relatively) quiet on the Kat front for a while.

I was promoted to Admiral, and created, among other things, a suggestion box.

Kat suggested an STF forum (for organising them). We said that we did not need a new forum for it, as that is what fleet events is for. A few other members then chimed in about an STF division, which we said was still not possible, and stated the reasons why.

We also stated that Maco was our official ground combat and STF division. Kat said he saw no evidence of this, but I said that Ezme was in the process of training people to lead runs (and now we sometimes have 3 going at once).

Flames ensued. Kat put a stop to all his runs in an attempt to manipulate us into giving in to his wishes and 11 pages later, a sub-forum of Fleet Events was made (primarily as it was seen to be useful for the fleet as a whole. This appeased Kat.

A JAG report was created based on the flaming in the thread, and Kat was talked to once again, by many people, including me, Nishka, Enterprise-D, Edward Reed, Ezme, Velzen Dar and Khajjah, all of whom offered him chances to stop this happening again.

Several more incidents occurred and in the end, he was offered the chance to step out of the fleet quietly. He would be allowed on TS as an ally of the fleet and would be given the time to ask his closest friends if they wanted to leave with him to create a new fleet.

This way, Kat would leave the fleet, and we would pursue diplomatic relations with his fleet, so that we could run STFs and fleet actions with them.

Kat did not take this opportunity, and instead asked the Admirals to vote on whether to kick him from the fleet or not.

Thus ensued another huge thread in the Officer's Lounge, with everyone debating pros, cons, and if there was anything we could do to save the situation.

In the end, after the long thread, and another long discussion at the meeting on Saturday, we decided it would be best for him, and for the fleet if he was removed.

Bearing in mind we still would have allowed him to leave quietly, we invited him into the channel and told him that unfortunately we had decided that 12th was not the right fit for him.

He proceeded to be confrontational, picking on individuals and bashing them.

In the end, Khajjah took him aside to discuss what was to transpire. Khaj took Kat up to the lounge in TS to say his goodbyes, and started bashing Ezme. After this act, there was no way we could be allied with him. There would be too much bad karma and we felt that he would also hold a grudge against us.

So we removed his rights from the forums (he could still post in our public forums), TeamSpeak, the fleet and all other lines of communication were cut.

In 12th Fleet history we have only ever had to remove 3 people from the fleet, each one taking months of discussion and debate, before no other option was available. The removal of a member is always a sad and difficult time, no matter what that person may have done. We hope that, after the wounds have healed, 12th Fleet will be stronger for this.
    After being removed from 12th Fleet Mugato reacted negatively to 12th Fleet’s decision by publicly defaming 12th Feet on the STO forums. This STO thread can be viewed here. Eventually closed by a Cryptic Moderator at the time, this thread was also presented to us by several sources.

Regardless of this evidence SFC made the decision to give Mugato a second chance and welcomed him into our fleet as a full member. It was a decision not made lightly, but we still placed full trust in Mugato and his promise that his 12th Fleet issues were behind him.

Upon successfully joining the fleet, Mugato brought increased activity within our House of Kular division and brought about a significant shift in this fleet’s support for Star Trek Online’s STFs. However it goes without saying that during this time we also had to deal with various complaints of Mugato’s treatment towards several UFP officers. More recently, there has been increased tension between Mugato and Starfleet Command over the future planning of the Elite Strike Force. All of this will now be outlined below.

Originally known as the Fleet Special Operations Group, FSOG was formed under the old taskforce guidelines in which any member of the fleet could form a taskforce with the right amount of supporters. From there FSOG grew quickly into an STF supportive sub-group of SFO and HoK. During this time period issues between Mugato and SFO Command arose with regards to FSOG policy and who had a say over it. This resulted in several disputes which the Chief of Staff, LynxMukka and Secretary of Defence, Mikester92, had to mediate over. One noteworthy dispute was in regards to a separate chat channel that was created in-game for FSOG/ESF members only. Starfleet Command and others were only alerted to its existence after a rumor of it circulated; after which it was then more closely monitored based on an agreement that SFC would be invited to the channel. More recently however, we learnt that Mugato kicked several people, including SFC members from the channel against this agreement.

Issues with Torinth
    It is no secret that a number of our members did not fare too well with Mugato, in which we also have to take into consideration the nature of our community and its prolonged positivity. One member in particular was Torinth. We cannot only for practical purposes, list each occurrence involving these two however if you wish for more information, simply contact a member of Starfleet Command.

A previous issue in which due to disagreements on the forums, seen here. Torinth was removed from FSOG in a less than professional fashion. While we are not going into too much details, we hope the link and images provided, best describe that incident.

torinthfsogremoval

In the past month alone, both while in a CL5 position and not, he was found to be continuing to breach several rules of the {UFP}, specifically with Torinth after he received his new position.

*** Chat begins 11/11/2012 14:42:00
    <14:42:00> "{UFP}Mugato": says..ty oh great leader <08:41:18> "{UFP}Kains" was removed from server group "[CL4] High Clearance" by "{UFP}Torinth".
    <14:42:05> Chat partner has closed the conversation
    <14:43:01> "{UFP}Torinth": Hmm?
    <14:43:17> "{UFP}Torinth": Atleast i attempt to be nice when i remove people Mugato
    <14:43:55> "{UFP}Mugato": lol..yeah keep that thought XO sir
    <14:43:59> Chat partner has closed the conversation
    <14:45:04> "{UFP}Torinth": I think i will, mr CL3 sir
    *** Chat begins 11/11/2012 14:46:14
    <14:46:14> "{UFP}Mugato": yeah..ok..whatever..Im still better than you..Kid !
    <14:46:18> Chat partner has closed the conversation
    lol..reminds me of when I was XO. Someone I knew always acused me of the same,"'interpersonal skills". It's nice to see the negative Mugato persona is alive with this one.

Keep up the great work with that. Im sure you'll be able to lead well with this great Attitude .
    Congrats there CobraGuru on your recent promotion. Didn't know you were an away team leader? Suspicious Anyway,great time there on the run.Klingon Grin
    As of this time, serious action has been taken against Mugato because of the collective breaches of the community rules over the past year, that we have set out to expect everyone, including ourselves to follow. By no means do we condone Torinth’s actions as acceptable and please be assured that his involvement in these incidents has and will continue to be investigated and noted. We provided this evidence and statement to try and remain as transparent as possible while emphasising that we have no intention to ignore other members malpractice.

Resignation as House of Kular Executive Officer
    Starfleet Command would like to make this particular fact clear at this time. SFC had no involvement whatsoever in Mugato’s resignation from the HoK XO role. Indeed, both Dodgers and Mugato mutually agreed that he should leave for the betterment of the division as a whole and that Mugato would focus more on FSOG/ESF. For the benefits of the membership, Dodgers has kindly made a statement on the matter.

Originally Posted by {UFP}Dodgers
    Due to recent event within House of Kular it was decided by mutual agreement by myself and Mugato that if would benefit the division as a whole if he were to step down from his position.
    While I can't go into the details of the conversation due to agreeing with Mugato that the conversation remain confidential, I can state breifly some of the reasons that brought Mugato and I to the decision.

Recent conflicts within the staff of Hok that centred around Mugato and his attitude with certain staff members.
    Disregard for chain of command by making decisions that affected the division without first consulting his CO, myself.
    Letting issues in FSOG(ESF) carry over into HoK and vice versa.

These where not just issolated incidents, over time they happened more and more.
    With this in mind it was my belief that Mugato was getting burned out juggling his duty as HoK XO and Commander of FSOG(ESF), and once I had explained all this in a private conversation Mugato agreed with me that it would be better for both HoK and himself if he were to step down from his position as HoK XO and focus on his FSOG(ESF) Taskforce.

Mugato did a great job as my XO and will be missed, but I know it was a hard decision that needed to be made.

{UFP}Dodgers,
    Commodore - HoK CO

Development of the Elite Strike Force
    Over time FSOG continued to grow into more than just a taskforce and sub-group it became an integral part of the UFP. Recognizing this Starfleet Command decided, over the Summer of 2012, to provide Mugato with the option to officially integrate FSOG into the fleet. This meant updated signature standards, official titles, official images, and furthermore representation in the higher chain of command. Essentially SFC gave Mugato the groundworks to set FSOG up as a full UFP division.

With Mugato’s initial approval early on, FSOG quickly transformed into an integrated entity - the Elite Strike Force. New logos, previously designed by web designer Hathaway, were brought out for it and all the wonderful benefits of integration soon came into play. For example, ESF members can now hold their ESF position in their official UFP signature.

Although excited at the prospects at the time, Mugato soon after became unsure as to whether or not he wanted FSOG integrated as ESF. Others within ESF, however, did not share Mugato’s “double thoughts.” Senior ESF members like Jake Tyler were confident enough to take ESF forward and from here on out Mugato’s vision for ESF would not match that of several key senior supporters; including ESF’s second in command - Jake Tyler.

On four separate occasions Mugato expressed his hesitation and then later on re-agreed to SFC’s integration efforts. Mugato’s hesitation soon became ESF’s worst enemy as this caused nothing but delay and doubt. Starfleet Headquarters also held reservations about Mugato’s attitude on TeamSpeak, the forums and in-game. On one such occurrence Mugato publicly ridiculed SFO CO Seeker in front of a public channel for being a rank pip short of Adster’s and asked to borrow SFO XO Adster’s “knee pads” after Adster reacted. This brief recording can be heard here.

[fnn]http://ufplanets.com/users/mikester92/outgoinginvestigations/STFSUNDAY.mp3[/fnn] << TeamSpeak Channel Recording

In another such occurrence on teamspeak Mugato added a period before his username. As TeamSpeak ranks its user first by usergroup and then by name this put Mugato at the top of all the CL3s in the channel. As we ask for uniformity to exist on TeamSpeak SFO XO Torinth asked for Mugato to remove the period. After not complying it took the request of an SFC Member, Lazereth, to ask him to remove it. Even after ignoring Torinth's requests Mugato informed Lazereth that it was an accident.

mugatoname

Mugato’s reactive nature over the course of several months created a large divide in the fleet. As the leader of FSOG/ESF members not part of this group saw Mugato as what ESF stood for. When Mugato said something controversial or acted inappropriately they didn’t view at as Mugato’s nature but that of ESF’s. This created a damaging effect on ESF’s reputation.

These concerns, among many others not recorded, added to SFHQ’s growing concern over Mugato’s leadership. Coupled with his repeating hesitation over ESF’s forward direction; several key SFC members soon became concerned enough to act. After speaking with Jake Tyler and getting his opinion on the matter, Defense Secretary Mikester92 decided to place Jake Tyler in charge of ESF so that the veil of doubt and misgivings over ESF’s reputation could be lifted. From here on Mugato’s reaction became the single most important factor in his unfortunate removal.

Mugato's Reaction
    After being replaced by Jake Tyler Mugato was given the option to choose how he wanted to leave. Respecting his choice to leave as quietly as possible, Chief of Staff LynxMukka and Defense Secretary Mikester92 allowed him to notify his ESF members via forum PM of his intention to depart ESF as its CO. During this discussion Mugato gave his word that he wouldn’t cause a stir. A word unfortunately made in vain and without any backing.

Mugato soon contacted several key ESF members and oddly began to edit out certain sections of text within the STF forums. Texts pertaining to the Black Ops group and Recruitment thread were edited out with the simple word “reserved” after SFC restored them based on Jake Tyler's request that they be restored Mugato simply edited them out again; undoing SFC action.

Several key ESF leaders also came forward with odd PMs both on the forums and in-game that Mugato was sending them. One told Jake Tyler that Mugato had asked him not to adhere to any of Jake Tyler’s requests. This prompted an immediate reaction from SFC. Based on Mugato’s 12th Fleet removal and how it ended we decided to place a keyword filter on Mugato’s PM inbox for certain keyword references such as “Starfleet Command”, “Jake Tyler”, and “Removal” among a series of other tags. After the scan was complete SFC uncovered two extra PMs sent by Mugato that we feel are entirely relevant to this case. As we cannot willingly abide to a member disrupting the community by causing issue or further drama, SFC feels the keyword filter was justified. To protect the names of those community members on the receiving end of these PMs; SFC has decided to omit their names from the PM and have reached out to these PM recipients ahead of time. Said PMs can be read below:

Originally Posted by Anonymous Source
    Like to ask a favor. Please EDIT all your posts in the STF area with "Reserved", Another words ease all the threads you started with advice. I dont want them to have any help with there division. Let them create it and build it. Jake SOLD me out and is running things. He, so surprised me.

I built things within this area with your help and others. And now they want to take credit with it. Same with Jake, he is so a traitor and threw me under the bus.

I dont want them to take advantage of me or you for all this hard work advice. Let them do it. Please change all your threads to "Reserved" and blank out your posts like mine.

You might think it will hurt the members? Nah, they have the great SFO and its leaders. Let them build it. They have the house, but the furniture is ours. So, take it back and leave the house. I stripped the ESF section, cause they wanted it there way. And now Jake is MAD at me cause I did that. I guess he expected to move in to a fully fuctional and ready house with dinner on the table.
    Originally Posted by Anonymous Source
    Welcome to the politics of the UFP. Well the SFC played me real good. Had me believing in divisions and CO positions. Had be believing that the STF Group that I made would be something. After many of trials and tribulations, it failed.

They played a good game of deception and belief. I was so suckered in there words I believed them. I sold my self to the devil is how I really feel.

Step one,

Get Mugato to believe in a division.

Step two,

Get Mugato change things in the forums to our NAME and avatars.

Step three,

Let Mugato Believe he will get leadership over something he thinks is his.

Step four,

Let Mugato resign from HoK and become a CL3 and give him the belief he will be a CL5 within a short time. Then when he steps down keep him at a CL3.

Step Five,

Promote New SFO members to ranks who dont deserve it and could care less of the SFO and the fleet as a whole. And let them do as they please in the forums and in TS.

Step six,

Let new SFO Officers and fleet pick on Mugato and ESF members and let them be called ELITEST and frown on.

Step seven,

Tell mugato he needs to step down from ESF and he cannot become CO of an STF division and that Jake Tyler is choosen to be in charge.

Step Eight,

Tell Mugato, if he does NOT then we will FIRE him and make it public. (Another words Step down from FSOG / ESF and let Jake become new boss)

Step nine,

Mugato is member and has no control over anything HE created, built and made from nothing..Welcome to the UFP !

Step ten,

We have a group of STF players who we can make a division and put someone in charge WE want and can control.

Thanks Mugato..cya Be happy being a member.
    The protection of the UFP’s 10 year old community presence is among one of SFC’s most important responsibilities. When under threat by a member willing to delete posts in an effort to make the next CO’s challenge even harder or indeed to willingly spread mis-information; SFC will go above and beyond the call of duty to make sure that a thorough case is made of the matter and that transparency above all else is maintained. It also goes without saying that only in severe cases such as these do SFC members apply PM alert filters.

Investigative Conclusion
    As with all removals from the fleet, Starfleet Command investigates what specific rule breaches the member in question has committed. Below we feel that during his time here, in which both unofficial and official verbal warnings were provided, as well as official notices from their supervisor, Mugato has breached the following rules in order of importance:

Command Position Agreement
    Section 2, Paragraph 2 - Maintain what my supervisor defines as an acceptable level of activity.
    Section 3, Paragraph 1 - Show respect for my colleagues and/or team-members at all times.
    Section 3, Paragraph 2 - Refrain from and refuse to tolerate rude or disrespectful behaviour at any level.
    Section 3, Paragraph 4 - Always conduct myself in a manner that sets an example of how others should conduct themselves.

Code of Conduct
    Section 1, Paragraph 1 - All {UFP} Members must respect the Code of Conduct/Policies and Procedures at all times.
    Section 1, Paragraph 2 - All {UFP} Members must respect and obey the chain of command. Members should comply with any reasonable requests made by superiors.
    Section 5, Paragraph 2 - Duplication or modification graphics and other classifications of unique works are prohibited unless authorised by the creator(s)/owner(s).
    Section 7, Paragraph 1 - Division and Department Command Staff are responsible for the administration and performance of their division/department as well as the training and development of their division/department members/staff.
    Section 12, Paragraph 1 - All terms of the Code of Conduct/Policies and Procedures must be adhered to by all members at all times unless compliance would result in the breach of another aspect of the Code of Conduct/Policies and Procedures.
    Section 12, Paragraph 2 - Any action taken that does not technically breach the Code of Conduct/Policies and Procedures but does go against the spirit of the Code of Conduct/Policies and Procedures may still result in action being taken against those involved.

With the ending of this announcement, which serves to best inform members of the reasons why this has occurred and to what result, we hope this clears up any outstanding issues the membership has. As of this time, Starfleet Command has chosen to remove Mugato’s membership and place a forum ban on his account to minimise further disruption to individual members, the community and the fleet as a whole.

As a further note, we reached out to Mugato several hours ago to further discuss this, to which we have received no response. Instead we have now emailed him, informing him of the situation and the contents of this thread so he is fully informed as to the conclusion of this investigation.

If you notice any inflammatory remarks from Mugato directed towards the UFP in-game or on the official Star Trek Online forums, we'd like to please ask that you simply ignore him and report any abuse to a GM or moderator.

Should you have any questions, please feel free to post below. If you have any serious concerns, I ask you contact a member of Starfleet Command privately by forum PM or TeamSpeak.
    FEO
    • Pillar of the Community
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Be a registered user for 10 years

Unlocked Wed 28 Aug, 2019 10:03 PM

34.62% have received this achievement

• ...and On and On
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Reach five-thousand posts on the forums

Grandfathered

0.08% have received this achievement

• Highly Decorated
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Receive every medal the UFP has to offer

Grandfathered

0.18% have received this achievement

• Editor-and-Chief
      Rare (50 Points)

Be Federation News Service CO

Grandfathered

• Correspondent
      Rare (50 Points)

Submit a Federation News Service article

Unlocked Sat 29 Sep, 2018 1:28 PM

0.43% have received this achievement

• To Boldly Go On and On
      Rare (50 Points)

Reach one-thousand posts on the forums

Grandfathered

0.71% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
    Again if anyone has any major concerns, please bring them up with a member of Starfleet Command either by forum PM or on TeamSpeak.
    Mikester92
    Mikester92 Medals
  1. Supergrover

Account Deleted

• Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
    As a longtime forum Mod and Admin I would like to take the time to say a big thank you for posting this info/thread, you didnt have to. You could have reached your desction and simply moved on supplying info to members as asked. Anyone that has done Modding probably knows what goes on behind closed doors, and it is a thankless miserable job. Someone is always hurt and many rally to members cause's based on their personality. I find this refreshing but also disturbing since the actual person involved cant read/write in this thread. Mind you I do find it better that everything is "laid out on the table" so to speak.
    I had no issues with any of the parties involved but do understand the "Why" based on the info supplied.
    PM monitoring IMO is nothing new and I know I have had to use it in the past, I have zero issues with how this has been dealt with other than stated.

I am sorry to see any member leave as I believe it lessens us as a group, everyone from the highest admiral to the lowest petty officer brings something to the {UFP} wither they realize it or not, so yeah sorry to him go.
    I wish him the best wherever he does end up.

OKay had a few rums tonight and this is turning into a 'Wall'o'Text" I better stop here.
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Unlocked Mon 14 Nov, 2022 5:01 PM

• Eternal Servitude!
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Be a registered user for five years

Unlocked Tue 14 Nov, 2017 11:03 AM

75.85% have received this achievement

• Starfleet's Finest
      Common (10 Points)

Be a member of Starfleet Operations

Grandfathered

28.06% have received this achievement

• Engage
      Common (10 Points)

Join the United Federation of Planets

Grandfathered

32.65% have received this achievement

• Live Long and Prosper
      Common (10 Points)

Be a registered user for one year

Grandfathered

96.30% have received this achievement

• Part of the Furniture
      Common (10 Points)

Be a registered user for two years

Grandfathered

95.10% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
    I have to say, I did not know the gentlemen nor do I know all the nuiances of what transpired over the months but coming here as a new person and reading the above shows me one thing. The leaders of this community had very detail oriented and fair, It makes me feel better joining this group knowing that there is an extensive process in place for removal and that we arn't simply 'Numbers'. Thank You.
  2. Gold Contributor

• Gold Contributor
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Subscribe to a monthly Gold Subscription

Unlocked Sun 25 Jun, 2023 4:03 PM

0.36% have received this achievement

Very Rare (100 Points)

Unlocked Mon 15 Feb, 2021 8:00 AM

• A Heartfelt Thank You
      Rare (50 Points)

Donate over £100 to the UFP

Unlocked Mon 25 Dec, 2023 12:04 PM

0.36% have received this achievement

• Well Respected
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Reach reputation tier 6

Unlocked Wed 16 Sep, 2015 8:03 PM

0.69% have received this achievement

• Stepping Forward
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Going from Clearance Level 3 to Clearance Level 4

1.91% have received this achievement

• Starfleet's Finest
      Common (10 Points)

Grandfathered

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
    Without Mugato, I do not believe we would now have the ESF. It was his drive and passion that took it from a fledgling group to a full division. That being said, his ego was his undoing. On more than one occasion Mugato spoke less than respectful of SFC and I knew it was only a matter of time before this happened. Regrettable, yes, but necessary.
    Stormy
    Stormy Medals
    What I really need is a cupholder and a couple of Advil.-Quincy Taggart
    • Commendation
      Commendation (150 Points)

Awarded during the UFP Award Ceremony to those who go above and beyond for the community

Unlocked Sat 23 Mar, 2019 11:47 PM

0.24% have received this achievement

• ...and On and On
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Grandfathered

• Highly Decorated
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Unlocked Sat 25 Mar, 2017 10:41 PM

Very Rare (100 Points)

Unlocked Thu 18 Feb, 2021 9:02 AM

• Dedicated
      Rare (50 Points)

Volunteer for 1+ year

Unlocked Fri 05 Oct, 2018 12:14 AM

0.54% have received this achievement

• The Fool
      Rare (50 Points)

Got pranked on April 1st

Unlocked Thu 01 Apr, 2021 2:22 PM

0.46% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
    It is always sad and disheartening to see a member leave, especially when you spent a lot of time with that member. But sometimes words are ineffective and reason is tossed to the wind when one is upset.

However, I do applaud and thank the Command staff for their thorough investigation and fair judgment. But most especially for informing us, so we may move forward without any lingering doubts.
    Silynn
    Silynn Medals
    • Benefactor of the UFP
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Donate between £75 or more to the UFP

Unlocked Thu 13 Feb, 2020 4:01 AM

Very Rare (100 Points)

Unlocked Sat 29 Sep, 2018 1:05 PM

• Correspondent
      Rare (50 Points)

• To Boldly Go On and On
      Rare (50 Points)

Grandfathered

• Poster Child
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Reach 500 posts on the forums

Grandfathered

1.11% have received this achievement

• Stepping Forward
      Uncommon (25 Points)

ACHV. Points
    Pronouns
    He/Him
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
    Although I don't really know Mugato all that well, having dealt with similar situations back when I was on SFC I can honestly say that I strongly believe that SFC gave him every opportunity and that any actions taken were necessary.

Thank you for posting the information regarding the situation - it's nice to hear that {UFP} is still in good hands.
    ThomasMullaly Medals
    • To Boldly Go On and On
      Rare (50 Points)

Grandfathered

• Well Respected
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Reach reputation tier 6

Unlocked Mon 26 Jan, 2015 2:02 AM

• Commander
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Receive a promotion to the rank of Commander

Unlocked Sat 28 Sep, 2013 10:08 PM

0.64% have received this achievement

• Captain
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Ascend the ranks to reach the Captains chair

Unlocked Sat 28 Mar, 2015 11:13 PM

0.67% have received this achievement

Very Rare (100 Points)

Unlocked Sat 22 Jan, 2022 3:02 AM

• Correspondent
      Rare (50 Points)

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
    Surprised

This took me well over half an hour to read through and process this!

All I can add to what's been already said is express my thanks to SFC for investigating this matter so throughly over such a period of time - I don't envy the task. I also appreciate the transparency of presenting all the facts to us in this manner. It's sad to see such an end to a very active and contributing member, but as has been noted earlier - he did have a 'major malfunction' socially.
    McClintock
    McClintock Medals
    McClintock Quote
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Unlocked Sat 08 Oct, 2022 3:07 AM

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Sign three roll calls in a row

Unlocked Tue 01 Jun, 2021 4:01 PM

9.74% have received this achievement

• Eternal Servitude!
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Unlocked Sat 07 Oct, 2017 9:00 PM

• Tour of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

RSVP to ten events via the Events System

Grandfathered

1.31% have received this achievement

• Stepping Forward
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Starfleet's Finest
      Common (10 Points)

Grandfathered

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
    Thanks for all the Information!
    I don't know Mugato or heared anything of him before, but as far as I read here, I can only agree.

It feels good, that even such a delicate decision as removing a member from the fleet, is posted as transparent as in this case.
    Thanks to Naria for finding such encouraging words
    The leaders of this community had very detail oriented and fair, It makes me feel better joining this group knowing that there is an extensive process in place for removal and that we arn't simply 'Numbers'.
    I'm verry happy to be a part of our great fleet,
    Thank you!
  3. Leave of Absence

Very Rare (100 Points)

Unlocked Sat 22 Jan, 2022 3:01 PM

• Dedicated
      Rare (50 Points)

Volunteer for 1+ year

Unlocked Wed 24 Jan, 2024 12:03 AM

0.54% have received this achievement

• Correspondent
      Rare (50 Points)

Unlocked Sun 29 Mar, 2020 11:01 AM

• Poster Child
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Unlocked Fri 14 Feb, 2020 5:09 AM

• Dean’s List
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Pass all three Academy exams

Unlocked Tue 21 Jan, 2020 7:04 AM

3.98% have received this achievement

• Tabloid Journalism
      Common (10 Points)

Be a writer for the Federation News Service

Unlocked Wed 05 Feb, 2020 12:01 PM

0.44% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
    I am both inspired and disheartened. I'd often seen Mugato as the life of the party on TS. I did at times notice some rather sharp words come from him when he spoke to certain individuals, but based on the way they responded(Admirably) I thought nothing of it as I did not know the back story. I had only begun to get to know Mugato and based on the information presented it seems he as well as many others are responsible for much of the STF innovations the fleet has. That he has gone in this way is humbling to say the least but the amount of thought and care gone into this investigation and the way in which information has been handled and handed down to me from my superiors, so that I can know what has transpired is as I said inspiring. I look forward to gaming and working alongside such respectable individuals. My thanks for this information sirs.

Rayne Quote
    • Set Phasers To Frag
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Win an Annual Elite Force Tournament

Grandfathered

0.04% have received this achievement

• Well Respected
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Reach reputation tier 6

Unlocked Mon 13 Apr, 2015 4:02 AM

• Eternal Servitude!
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Unlocked Sun 08 May, 2016 7:02 PM

• Tour of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

RSVP to ten events via the Events System

Grandfathered

1.31% have received this achievement

• Affectionate
      Common (10 Points)

Give positive reputation ten times to other users

Grandfathered

1.59% have received this achievement

• The Mad House
      Common (10 Points)

Be a member of the Holodeck

Grandfathered

12.99% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
     –  Last edited by Jackie Weaver; Fri 16 Nov, 2012 9:58 AM.
    A big thank you to Starfleet Command for all the information here!

Dishonorably discharging a member from the fleet is not an easy decision to make. However, I feel that on this occasion, though regrettable, the choice to discharge was necessary. Let me thank SFC once again for letting us know all this.

As Naria stated above, It's nice to know that there is such a process in place for removals like this.
    Give your meat a good old rub - Ainsley Harriott
    Read the standing orders, READ THEM AND UNDERSTAND THEM!
    Donated
    £75+
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
     –  Last edited by Torinth; Fri 16 Nov, 2012 11:41 AM.
    All i can say is Thank You!, a weight has been lifted off my shoulders, not that i enjoy seeing a member discharged although it was regrettably necessary and i thank SFC for making such a hard decision, couldn't of been easy.
    TorinthTorinth Medals
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Unlocked Fri 18 Feb, 2022 1:05 AM

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Sign three roll calls in a row

Unlocked Thu 02 Mar, 2017 4:00 PM

9.74% have received this achievement

• Eternal Servitude!
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Unlocked Fri 17 Feb, 2017 7:01 PM

• Stepping Forward
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Starfleet's Finest
      Common (10 Points)

Grandfathered

• tlhIngan SuvwI'
      Common (10 Points)

Be a member of the House of Kular

Grandfathered

13.07% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
    As many have said, remarkably well done job in presenting and dealing with this difficult situation.

As I'm not a man of many (written) words, I'll just say I have deep respect for everyone that had to deal with this, with messages, PMs, meeting etc, who tried to do all they can to resolve this honourably... and to those whose names we're dragged through the mud and beyond in the last days or weeks.

But also, good luck to Mugato in his future endeavours, we haven’t really seen eye to eye lately in either HoK or ESF, but I still hope people remember his contributions to this fleet more than his departure.
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Unlocked Sat 05 Mar, 2022 5:04 PM

• To Boldly Go On and On
      Rare (50 Points)

Grandfathered

• Poster Child
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Grandfathered

• Stepping Forward
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Commander
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Receive a promotion to the rank of Commander

Grandfathered

0.64% have received this achievement

• Captain
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Ascend the ranks to reach the Captains chair

Unlocked Sat 05 Oct, 2013 1:46 AM

0.67% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
    I do not envy SFC the task they had with this but it re-affirms our trust that they will do what is necessary for our members.

A dishonourable discharge is obviously the last resort and many have tried to help Mugato both officially and unofficially. Although Mugato served admirably for a time this evidence shows he was the architect of his own downfall and while this can't have been an easy decision, it was the right one.

We'll always try to help a member struggling in whatever way they are facing difficulties and I'd like to reassure everyone that if they find themselves in an undesirable situation they should contact a member of SFHQ and/or SFC, we will do everything we can to help.
    Farron
    Farron Medals
    • Highly Decorated
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Grandfathered

• ...and On and On
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Grandfathered

• Civilian
      Rare (50 Points)

Leave Starfleet for a career in the Federation Government

Unlocked Sun 15 Sep, 2013 2:33 PM

0.09% have received this achievement

• Admiral
      Rare (50 Points)

Receive a promotion to the rank of Admiral

Grandfathered

0.22% have received this achievement

• To Infinity and Beyond
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Reach ten-thousand posts on the forums

Grandfathered

0.02% have received this achievement

Very Rare (100 Points)

Unlocked Sat 29 Sep, 2018 1:05 PM

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
    Just for clarrification, it was mentioned in the thread but I'll mention it again, we have contacted Mugato in which the contents of the first post were made aware to him, so he has seen the results of our investigation.
    LynxMukka Medals