Grandfathered

76.03% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    Hello I am Babyhead4127 from the SFP we the little crazy ppl behind the admin pile who help u settle in and make sure ur rank and name right and other things Smile

Well the thread here is for New members to intro yr selfs to other members of the {ufp} as we all new at one time or another for some its just yesterday some it to long to rember lol

Little template helper u dnt have to use it Smile

Username:
    Work or school :
    Fave Star trek moment :
    Babyhead4127
    Babyhead4127 Medals
    Why do they call it rush hour when nothing moves? - Robin Williams
    • Pillar of the Community
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Be a registered user for 10 years

Unlocked Fri 31 Jan, 2020 11:10 AM

34.82% have received this achievement

• Eternal Servitude!
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Be a registered user for five years

Unlocked Sat 31 Jan, 2015 5:12 AM

• Part of the Furniture
      Common (10 Points)

Be a registered user for two years

Grandfathered

94.99% have received this achievement

• Firestarter
      Common (10 Points)

Start a new forum topic

Grandfathered

41.08% have received this achievement

• My 2 Cents
      Common (10 Points)

Post in a forum topic

Grandfathered

42.73% have received this achievement

• Live Long and Prosper
      Common (10 Points)

Be a registered user for one year

Grandfathered

96.23% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    Alright guys I will take the plunge on this one and go first!

User Name:{UFP}Calvin Mercer

I'm 24 and living in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. I was born and raised in Ottawa but moved to the big city about 2 years ago now.
    I work as a consultant for a growing retail merchandising and analytics firm (so tons of time spent on the computer!)

In my spare time I am usually on the home computer playing STO or on xbox playing a wide variety of games. I typically play hockey as well when I have a free moment or two.

I don't think I have any one favorite Star Trek moment. Most recently I just finished watching the entire Voyager series through and enjoyed it greatly.
    I guess if I had to pick a favorite moment, it would be anytime in one of TOS Star Trek movies where Captain Kirk would be taking the shuttle to the Enterprise. I could only imagine what it would feel like to pull up along side such an epic ship.

Anyways guys, that's all for now. I posted my msn in my profile and am slowly getting used to navigating the forums and look forward to becoming more involved with the group over time. Feel free to contact me on msn and make sure to let me know you are from here so I can make sure I know who I am talking to.

Have a good night!
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Unlocked Tue 11 Feb, 2020 4:02 AM

• Eternal Servitude!
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Unlocked Tue 10 Feb, 2015 10:06 PM

• Part of the Furniture
      Common (10 Points)

Grandfathered

• Becoming a Redshirt
      Common (10 Points)

Earn your first respect points

Grandfathered

12.92% have received this achievement

• Firestarter
      Common (10 Points)

Start a new forum topic

Grandfathered

• My 2 Cents
      Common (10 Points)

Post in a forum topic

Grandfathered

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    Hello All.

My name is Steve and i go by the nick of Steve-O/Bluetooth. Im 25 years of age and i live in the UK. I work for the local government providing ICT support to 6 primary schools and 1 local high school.

Ive been in IT since i was 11 when i got my first pc and i suppose you could say its been all downhill from there. Going hand in hand with the geekyness has been an afinity for anything sci fi, babylon 5, star trek, star wars etc etc but i have always enjoyed trek because of the enlightened side that they show during the episodes, yes sometimes they fall back into the usual human traits but i love the whole no money type atmosphere and working together for a greater good.

My best star trek moment? It would have to be in first contact when jean luc is escaping the borg with lilly and he opens up the viewing port and the forcefield initiates and she can see the whole globe of earth. And the way he explains the 24th century to her and seeing her realise that what she is doing is going to make the society she dreams of is just magical to me.

Anyways.. Ive been playing MMO's for a while, my first was earth and beyond oh so many moons ago and i have played many from planetside to swg to sto. And yes, i have played wow =-) Who hasnt right?

Thats about all i can really say about myself. If you would like to know more please dont hesitate to ask, if you require help in game and i can help i will be MORE than happy to.

Thanks for the oppertunity to join and im sure ill have a great time with UFP.

Steve
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Unlocked Mon 10 Feb, 2020 3:09 AM

• A Heartfelt Thank You
      Rare (50 Points)

Donate over £100 to the UFP

Grandfathered

0.36% have received this achievement

• Eternal Servitude!
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Unlocked Mon 09 Feb, 2015 9:00 PM

• Benefactor of the UFP
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Donate between £75 or more to the UFP

Grandfathered

0.43% have received this achievement

• Part of the Furniture
      Common (10 Points)

Grandfathered

• The Needs of the Many
      Common (10 Points)

Donate any amount under £25 to the UFP

Grandfathered

1.85% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    Well I'll go next then.

Hello, I'm 29 years old and a Systems Administrator for a law firm in Memphis Tennessee. I haven't been the biggest Star Trek geek more of a Star Wars fan but I am a fan of severl of the ST series and even the new movie which I adore.

My MMO experience started just like Steve's as I was a big fan of Earth and Beyond. I played from the start on until they shut down the servers. I played WoW for about 4 years and then realized that the game just wasn't that fun anymore. I have played around with a few others like Champions online, EVE, SWG, Everquest 2, Aion, Age of Conan, Pirates of the Burning Sea, Planetside, Tabla Rasa, and a few others that I can't remember now. I just couldn't get into them like I do with STO.

Well guess thats it for now.
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Unlocked Fri 07 Feb, 2020 10:00 AM

• Eternal Servitude!
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Unlocked Sat 07 Feb, 2015 4:00 AM

• Part of the Furniture
      Common (10 Points)

Grandfathered

• Firestarter
      Common (10 Points)

Start a new forum topic

Grandfathered

• My 2 Cents
      Common (10 Points)

Post in a forum topic

Grandfathered

• Live Long and Prosper
      Common (10 Points)

Grandfathered

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    Username: {UFP}Jeremy Buckingham

Work or school : Stream Global Services

Little info about your self : I have been a Star Trek fan since the early 1990's and a PC gamer since the mid 1990's. I've never really been able to get really interested in a MMORPG before STO. I've tried games like WOW, City of Heroes, LOTRO, and Champions Online, but I could never really get into them. I primarily play RPG's and RTS's, for example: Mass Effect 1 & 2, KOTOR, Warcraft, Starcraft, the Age of Empires Series, Command & Conquer, and the Empire Earth Series.

I like to watch shows with long epic story arcs, for example: Heroes, Buffy, Smallville, Dollhouse, and Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, are just a few. I also like comedies such as Community and 30 Rock.

I tend like epic action and fantasy movies like Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings.

Fave Star trek moment : I guess one of my favorite Star Trek momentswould have to be at the season four finale of Star Trek: The Next Generation, Part 1 of the Best of Both Worlds 2-parter, at the end of the episode, right after Locutus of Borg is announced when Commander Riker orders Lieutenant Worf to fire on the Borg cube. I like the way the writers ended that episode in such a "cliff-hanger-type" manner, because it forces you to wait the 3-ish months for the next episode.
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Unlocked Sat 15 Feb, 2020 4:09 AM

• Eternal Servitude!
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Unlocked Sat 14 Feb, 2015 10:01 PM

• tlhIngan SuvwI'
      Common (10 Points)

Be a member of the House of Kular

Grandfathered

13.05% have received this achievement

• Engage
      Common (10 Points)

Join the United Federation of Planets

Grandfathered

32.62% have received this achievement

• Live Long and Prosper
      Common (10 Points)

Grandfathered

• Part of the Furniture
      Common (10 Points)

Grandfathered

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    I just filled a thread out similar to this over in the Academy forums, guess I'll fill this one out too though...

Username: <-- It's over there on the left, seriously though...why is this question here...lol

Work or school: U.S. Air Force, Air Traffic Contoller

Little info about your self :

I'm a 24 year old Air Traffic Controller in the United States Air Force. I have been in love with Star Trek my entire life (I can thank my Grandfather for that), and really enjoy playing Star Trek games. When I was little I used to make Star Ships out of Legos, draw diagrams and ideas for new Star Ships in my spare time...I haven't done stuff like that in a while, but I plan to design my own Star Ship one of these days.

At the moment I am really enjoying Star Trek Online...and checking Ebay daily pondering whether I want to buy Armada II or not. There are quite a few bugs with ST:O right now, plus a lack of content...and all the other standard things that come with the launch of a new MMO (I've played MMOs for years)...but...I'm the type of person that plays the game he's given and doesn't complain much about it. I know they will work to improve it...and that's all I can ask for...it's Star Trek!

Other than gaming, I've been married for over 6 years now, have 2 beautiful children, and I love my job...couldn't ask for much more than that.

Besides work and gaming, I am also a Web Hosting Provider, graphics designer, and small time web designer (my specialty is vbulletin strangely enough). I've been an Admin on some pretty big forums (biggest one had over 70K members) and have run quite a few of my own...though I'm not running any at the moment.

Helping out and being a part of a team is something I really enjoy...as well as being in a leadership position. I've always been the type of person to give my all at something, and being able to help people by any means I'm capable of is a major driving factor in my life.

Please feel free to ask anything you can think of if you are more curious about me...I love to talk!

(I'm also working on a new Blog for my ST:O adventures...I'll throw a link around once I get that ready if anyone is interested in that!)

Fave Star trek moment :

The scene in the Dominion War episodes in DS9 when the station opens fire with it's dozens of Torpedo Launchers and Phaser Arrays...AWESOME!!

2nd to that would be in Star Trek: First Contact. Picard is in his ready room talking with Lily. "I will not sacrifice the Enterprise. We've made too many compromises already; too many retreats. They invade our space and we fall back. They assimilate entire worlds and we fall back. Not again. The line must be drawn here! This far, no further! And *I* will make them pay for what they've done."
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Unlocked Tue 18 Feb, 2020 7:08 PM

• Eternal Servitude!
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Unlocked Wed 18 Feb, 2015 1:00 PM

• Dean’s List
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Pass all three Academy exams

Unlocked Tue 12 Feb, 2019 7:01 AM

3.98% have received this achievement

• Bronze Contributor
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Subscribe to a monthly Bronze Subscription

Unlocked Tue 12 Feb, 2019 7:01 AM

0.60% have received this achievement

• Starfleet's Finest
      Common (10 Points)

Be a member of Starfleet Operations

Unlocked Tue 12 Feb, 2019 2:03 AM

28.04% have received this achievement

• tlhIngan SuvwI'
      Common (10 Points)

Be a member of the House of Kular

Unlocked Thu 21 Feb, 2019 5:01 AM

13.05% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    May as well give this a go.
    My username? Um yeah...it's pretty obvious. Unamused

Country: Seattle, WA, US. Although I was neither born nor raised here. German born and New Zealand/Japan raised.

Work or school : Neither. I'm on full disability. Asperger's and all that good stuff. :emoticon_ShiftyEyes Means I have time now to do whatever I want. Surprisingly I'm not some overweight fugly as heck bloke that you see living in his mums garage stero-type person. I'm on my own and keeping my life happy.

Age: 31. Aye I'm older then most of you. *shrudders* But I don't look or act my age.

Little info about your self : What's to tell? I'm a world mutt. Been living in different places most of my life. I was in the US Air Force and later the Army National Guard for several years, but I left after my diagnosis. Went in as an Air Force E-3 Airman First Class and got out as a W-1 Warrant Officer
    I've worked in a few hospitals before as well as a CNA/HUC, and attempted the whole University thing with journalism.
    Besides computer games, I read and write fiction as well as do some good old fashioned pencil and paper role-play with a group. When I don't geek out, I go out and dance while getting on the piss. (that's drinking for yanks). It's an easy and simple life most times. I reckon I have an 'accent' but it's a mosh of aussie, and british with kiwi words. Gets people confused heaps of times. :emoticon_ShiftyEyes Sounds dodgy as, but that's just how it comes out now.

Fave Star trek moment : Hard question eh. I'm also still loving the Dominion War battle scenes from DS9. *sigh* But that isn't what Trek is to me overall. Shame STO is only that. But they still make my mouth water with the visuals.

TV: I'd have to go back to when I saw TNG on the air (before Cable) when I was in form school. 1987 I was sitting in my family room and I saw Data walking with a very old looking Admiral McCoy. When DeForest was bantering Spiner about "You sure you don't have pointed ears," I knew I was home. It still had some of that TOS feel I had been seeing in reruns and the movies (We were up to IV). Data became my favourite character after that.

Movies: Star Trek II and Star Trek IV. Need I say more? Thumbs up