0.55% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    Official Office of the President Transcript: May 23rd 2378

>> What are you saying Admiral, that we can't win? I won't accept that...
    >> Mr President, it may be something you have to accept, if the Romulan and Klingon Empires ally together, then it is inevitable.
    >> Haven't the resources from the Hydra sector helped with preparations? I thought the whole point of that campaign was to secure the Federation's future?
    >> It has sir, but the point is, even with those resources we haven't managed to make up for the huge losses sustained during the Dominion War. We can bolster our defenses, but they will only hold for a short time.
    >> So what is it you are suggesting? Are you suggesting that surrender is the only viable option? If it comes down to that.
    >> I am afraid to say sir, yes. An all out war with both the Romulan's and the Klingon's, with overall victory, is practically impossible. I have gone over several plans of action, with all of my staff, and the outcome is the same: defeat. We can delay a defeat, but we will suffer heavy casualties.
    >> Hmmm, there has to be another way out Admiral. I will not have the Federation crumble, after so many years of growth, and after everything we have been through: the Borg Attacks, the Dominion War, the Zephan Threat; I cannot and will not accept defeat. I need options Admiral.
    >> We do have an alternative idea on how to proceed Mr President. If we begin deep space exploration, into the 'wild space' of the Alpha Quadrant, we may find new technologies or resources to help balance the fight in our favour...emphasis on may...
    >> Seems like a shot in the dark, but what other choices do we have?
    >> We have devised defense plans, but the only viable way to protect as much of Federation space as possible, would be to evacuate all of our outlying colonies, and pull all of our ships back to this line *points to display*. With this defensive plan, we have the highest likelihood of victory, if you can even call it that.
    >> Do you know how many people there are in those colonies Admiral? How do you suppose we evacuate that many people, in such a small space of time?
    >> Utilise civilian vessels. We get as many civilian vessels - even mothballed ships - warp ready as soon as possible and prepare to evacuate these colonies. We might have a chance to save at least 70% of the overall population, depending on how quickly the Romulan's and Klingon's strike. I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but if it comes down to the security of the Federation We need to tighten our defenses.
    >> I hope you realise what you are asking me to do. Sign off on a plan of action that may well end up sacrificing millions upon millions of lives...
    >> I do Mr President, but if we stand a chance in hell of winning this conflict, especially now that Legate Havat has began building up Cardassia's military, we need to pull back.
    >> ...Well, it seems like we are all out of alternatives...
    >> Unfortunately I agree...
    >> Very well. You have my full authorisation. Do what you need to do, but I want to evacuate as many people from those outer colonies as possible when the time comes. In the meantime, we need to focus on bolstering our defenses in our core systems. Liaise with my staff and begin preparations.
    >> Aye sir.
    Adster94
    Adster94 Medals