Federation News Service, Wed 08 Apr, 2015 7:00 PM
Views:
Replies:
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
    Reply With QuoteQuote

To: Ship Commanders of the Klingon Defense Force, Starfleet and the Romulan Republic

In my previous briefing I gave some of the history of the Iconians. I now turn to what may help us defeat them.

Intelligence indicates that the Iconians' numbers are few. It may be that only a handful of them escaped the orbital bombardment of their worlds 200,000 years ago. Recovered recordings from New Romulus show us Iconians escaping through the gateway there. We know from data from the Solanae and Jenolan spheres that the Iconians who survived the attack escaped to these spheres before departing.

There are rumors that when the Iconians left the Solanae sphere, their destination was the Andromeda galaxy. If so, they have the ability to escape the Galactic Barrier.

Contact with the barrier has been known to give mere mortals almost god-like power. What terrible wonders can a race that can cross it at will be capable of?

I urge you not to dwell on this. We are all warriors, even if our ships fly under different banners. We will fight because we must. We will fight to defend our worlds and our families. We will fight because an honorable death in battle is preferable to a life in subjugation.

The Iconians' advantage is their technology and the rabid devotion of their Herald soldiers. Their gateways can allow them to appear anywhere at will. Even the most protected of our homeworlds will not be safe.

So we must rely on our numbers and our will to stop them. We will fight them at every opportunity. We will respond rapidly to any threat, and give our lives to thwart them. We will make every victory so costly that retreat or surrender will be their only option.

Research has already begun on how to turn the Iconians' gateway network against them. Data recovered by Ambassador Worf from one of their subspace bases last year has given us several promising options, and already we are outfitting experimental ships with technology that can control a gateway for a short time. Our most experienced commanders are forming strike teams and developing plans of attack.

Unfortunately, there is still much we do not know about the Heralds and their Iconian masters. We have not seen them in battle. We do not know their full capabilities. We will get that information and use it against them, but there will be sacrifices to do so. Know that no lives will be lost in vain, and that the Iconians will repay us for every loss with blood.

We must win this war. There is no other option.

View Complete Article...
    federationnewsservice
    • FAB-ulous
      Common (10 Points)

Be a member of the Federation Administrative Bureau

Unlocked Mon 01 Jun, 2015 8:00 PM

0.35% have received this achievement

• Academic Inclination
      Common (10 Points)

Be a member of Starfleet Academy

Unlocked Tue 25 Aug, 2015 12:00 AM

0.49% have received this achievement

• Spirit of Generosity
      Common (10 Points)

Donate between £25 or more to the UFP

Unlocked Wed 03 Jun, 2015 8:00 PM

0.92% have received this achievement

• Host
      Common (10 Points)

Host an event via the Events System

Grandfathered

0.99% have received this achievement

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Sign three roll calls in a row

Unlocked Tue 01 Sep, 2015 1:03 AM

9.74% have received this achievement

• Eternal Servitude!
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Be a registered user for five years

Unlocked Mon 05 Aug, 2019 1:01 AM

75.67% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    So we must rely on our numbers and our will to stop them.
    Something here seems off.

The Iconians are few in numbers, so I'm guessing the sun-obscuring fleet is actually a Herald fleet. To cover the sun like that, I'm guessing the Heralds have tens of thousand of ships. Probably more than 5 times the combined fleets of the Federation, Klingons and Romulans. And they can appear anywhere anytime.

I know in game people will come in with FAW and kill tens of these ships at a time, but from a story point of view the Alpha and Beta races are screwed.

I think this is worse than the 'cadet-becomes-fleet-admiral-in-a-year' story.

I guess I'm overthinking in trying to make sense of Cryptic's storyline.
    Sysil
    Sysil Medals