0.71% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
    fnntitlebar
    Interview By: Mikester92spacer Source: LynxMukka

I recently had the opportunity to talk with LynxMukka about his roles as the Department Supervisor and UFPAC events director, here is what he had to say:

Mikester92: Hey Lynx, thank you for taking the time to talk with me.

LynxMukka: That’s not a problem, I always like to help out where I can and inform the membership of the latest goings.

Mikester92: So you were recently appointed as the acting department supervisor, could you tell us a little bit about your new job?

LynxMukka: That’s right; at the moment my job goes along with my other roles such as Internal Affairs CO and so on since it is after all, only a temporary position for the time being. But essentially for those that may not know, the Department Supervisor is the one that keeps the seven departments of the {UFP} on track, the one that ensures each department is as productive as possible and the one that is there as a source of help in times of need. To use a phrase, the position could be considered something similar to that of a playmaker, the person that co-ordinates the departments.

Mikester92: How do the department and divisions relate to each other?

LynxMukka: Well I think the simplest, most easiest way of putting it, is that the divisions are the central most important part of the clan, since they are the base of operations for gaming which is after all what the fleet is about, for a specific game that the {UFP} supports.

The departments on the other hand, all work in harmony to essentially run the fleet, making sure that all cogs and wheels are turning and dealing with any issues that may arise. Any administration duties such as training members in relevant areas, representing the fleet at events or with other clans and keeping track of members are all things the departments do to make sure the divisions can function successfully.

Mikester92: What is the hardest part of your new job?

LynxMukka: The hardest part I think which I will have to face, is making sure I keep the balance between being a helpful Supervisor that ensures everything is running smoothly and being that annoying guy who needs something done as soon as possible. It’s not an easy situation for anyone who has to face it but it has to be done although luckily I don’t think it will come very often.

Another more difficult aspect is that as Department Supervisor, you have to make sure you keep an eye on what’s going on amongst the seven departments, whether it’s new staff or the latest incidents and act accordingly. Failing to do that and I think you’re already half way to failing as a Department Supervisor.

Mikester92: What are the benefits for working in a department?

LynxMukka: The benefits of working in a department are really quite abundant, particularly since it opens so many opportunities in both assisting the fleet and furthering your own career. Not only does it allow members to learn and take part in gaming management but it ultimately allows you to give something back to the fleet by helping in some of the key tasks that need doing on a regular basis.

Most of the jobs out there are reasonably easy to do and give you a plentiful amount of experience that by the end of it, gives you a real sense of achievement that is hard to find in the gaming world these days. If you think you’re up for it, then just head over to the jobs board in Starfleet Personnel!

Mikester92: Now aside from your department supervising role you’re also in charge of planning this upcoming UFPAC. Could you tell us a little bit about that side job?

LynxMukka: Helping out with the UFPAC is all about what you can do for the fleet, rather than what the fleet can do for you. Quite a substantial amount of work is involved, starting weeks and months in advance just so that the evening, lasting around 2 hours at the end is one of fun and excitement for members. The feedback that you get at the end of the ceremony I think is the achievement and feeling of success that you get for all your hard efforts. The fact that people had a good time and that it was a pretty memorable evening is something more important than whether you received something or not.

Not to go into too much detail of course but to give an idea of the work than goes into the ceremony here’s a quick list: CL5+6 members are given the chance to recommend members that they feel are deserving of any type of particular medal or promotion, lists and scripts are compiled, web pages are updated, video streams are created, signatures are updated, searches for eligibility of certain medals are conducted amongst many other things! I hope that was somewhat insightful. Tongue Out
    I also had the chance to ask him some more personnel questions, check it out:

Mikester92: So on a more personal note, what is your favourite TV show?

LynxMukka: Well, I think my favourite TV show has to be the Stargate Franchise, specifically Stargate Atlantis. However as some of those avid fans out there might know Stargate Universe is picking up quite substantially now despite finishing for its first season, so it may well be changing soon!

Mikester92: What is your favourite game?

LynxMukka: Again, this has to be something Non-Trek. My favourite game would have to be Team Fortress 2, primarily because I play for around an hour or two a day, every day just to get my daily fix! It’s not the standard First Person Shooter mind you, but I think because it’s different that it encourages me to like it more.

The theme, the background story and the fact that it is very much team based is something I’ve always fancied and Team Fortress 2 has it all in one.

Mikester92: Is there anything you wish to add?

LynxMukka: Just that I hope as many people as possible can come to the upcoming United Federation of Planets Award Ceremony (UFPAC). It certainly looks like it’s going to be quite an eventful afternoon/evening, with numerous promotions and medals to be given out as well as the promise of the release of the new website for the fleet.

If you miss it, you will regret it! Tongue Out

Mikester92: Alright, thank you once again for your time.

LynxMukka: Thank you, for your time!
    Mikester92
    Mikester92 Medals