Unlocked Thu 12 May, 2016 7:55 PM

0.01% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
    FEO 240

The following announcement addresses all feedback regarding FEO that was received during the March 2016 roll call. I have attempted in all cases to address the feedback in a constructive and honest manner. Considering building sentiment against the anonymous nature of roll call feedback, I hope that this thread demonstrates to all that FEO are far from immune to receiving negative comments. It is important that we answer all feedback, whether constructive in nature or otherwise.

Anonymity offers all members the chance to be brutally honest and to state their mind free from concern of reprisals or confrontation. This means that feedback will occasionally be used at the expense of an individual. This honesty is a double edged blade, but it means we can take all feedback at face value, and use it to better the community as a whole. Unfortunately, I do feel it necessary to advice all members to consider how potentially hurtful your feedback can be before posting it.

March 2016 FEO Approval Rating: 93%

I think we need time after the recent changes before a Strongly Approve
    That seems perfectly reasonable. It takes a while to adjust to big changes and new situations. Hopefully we’ll win you over to Strongly Approve by the time the next community roll call comes around.

Some CL6 are great others not so much
    FEO is comprised of individuals volunteering their time like everybody else. Everyone has their ups and downs, and talking from personal experience this can certainly be the case in FEO. Sometimes we have to make hard or unpopular decisions, or face an issue we honestly don’t know how to handle.

Occasionally this kind of decision making can wear an individual down and cause their visibility and work ethic to plummet. I myself was recently quite inactive and ‘burnt out’, but I’ve bounced back in recent weeks. That being said, I hope you’re willing to give us the benefit of the doubt over the course of the next couple of months.

Less drama, less fuss and more substance. Thank Christ it has been a long time coming.
    Thank you. It definitely feels like we’ve found our collective footing over the course of the last month or so. You should notice a greater variety of events, debates and contests rolling out over the next week or so.

They do a fantastic job!
    Thanks very much.

What do they do? There was talk of a new website, which I guess Jordan and Sharpkiller are still being worked on. Three of Seven just announced the new volunteer form. Dentari is running FAB. Lynxmukka is presumably looking up bitchy avatars and crowing about getting 1900 views on his latest article. Chris Halsey is continuing to do what he has been since he came back which, from the looks of it, is whatever Lynxmukka tells him to.
    I’ll have you know that Lynx’ bitchy avatars require a great deal of time and effort to put together! Seriously though, I understand how it must be frustrating for members sometimes. We could be more vocal with how we approach what we’re doing on any given day. I’ll see what I can do about us collectively becoming more forthcoming with updates and progress reports.

It’s worth noting that work on Nexus is progressing, slowly but surely. We’re getting very close to release, but it’s worth considering that Jordan and Sharp contribute what time they can around busy real life schedules. For example, I know that Jordan is currently swamped in university coursework. As much as I’m sure they’d both love to work on the site full time, real life just manages to get in the way!

While they do tend to micromanage at times, I believe FEO, both current and former members, does an outstanding job. If not, this fleet would not be where it is today... or possibly not even exist.
    I barely manage, let alone micromanage. Poor Jonathan has been doing more than his fair share in the Bureau recently. Thank you very much for your kind words though, it’s most appreciated.

I really never see the officers on very often, but I play at odd hours.
    Most members of FEO don’t actively play Star Trek Online these days. Some may sporadically return to tackle new content, but this obviously isn’t very often. Three and the division COs and XOs are the most recognisable faces in game, and we trust them completely to manage our in-game fleets.

bunch of cool gays do good work keep up
    c18
    ... wait does this mean you're saying I do nothing?

Bunch of slack jawed fa**ots around here
    tumblr muh1tzTMTj1rdh9azo3 400

Any issues that have popped up have been resolved pretty quickly, like most of the UFP's offices, I don't have much interaction with this bit of the site, but what I have had has been positive.

Also, xoxoxo three, ya big baby. ;P
    Glad to hear you’ve had good experiences with FEO. If you want more interaction, you can always just send me a PM!

New President yet not a single "State of the Union" or other address to the community of their plans, vision, and future. Seems that other CL6s are carrying the weight and the President is just a title.
    Perhaps I am not the best person to be responding to this, but should you harbour concerns regarding any member of FEO, send them a PM and talk about it. I’m sure no member of FEO is so vindictive that they would spurn advice from a concerned member!

I believe that those that are in office are doing a great job.
    Thanks Smile

There needs to be many more fleet projects to donate to, I understand that the fleet holdings are all maxed out but there are still projects we could be earning fleet credit from and almost every time I've logged in there are no projects slotted.
    This is an issue that is likely best directed at the division command teams. However, if you send a PM to Three of Seven I’m sure she would be willing to weigh in on this issue.

two are pretty cool, only one seems to bother, the rest are bunch of failures. Chris stop being Lynx's pet, Lynx just quit already no one likes you, Sharp stop bending over, Jordan and Sharp get the website done. It's becoming a ♥♥♥♥ing joke.
    Thanks for saying I bother. I always thought the others held me back!

However for a more serious reply, please refer back to my second response in this thread.

Meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow. hiss!
    Meow?

Come on everyone, you need to get it together. FEO is stagnating at an increasingly alarming rate, with deep divisions, and personal differences between the principle members, as well as a significant lack of energy to complete tasks. You need to start working together, get over petty arguments, and actually start working as a team to complete projects that have been delayed for months, if not years. It is very easy to look at feedback, and simply dismiss it, attributing the blame to one of your fellow FEO members, or deciding that it is not applicable. However, we all know that this is a problem that needs fixing sooner rather than later. You are extremely lucky at the moment that STO is taking most of the strain, and the command teams are keeping things fresh. However, if you took Star Trek Online out of the picture, what brings people to this community? What is done personally by FEO to innovate and add content? What do you provide better than other communities? Very little I am afraid. You have great people, talent, and personalities here, but we are stuck in a divisive time where divisions are clashing between eachother, with declining activity, and little direction from CL6. This community can be far, far better, and I know it can be done. But you need to start taking this seriously, reduce the drama, and get things running again.
    Good Lord. This is quite the essay.

All erroneous wordplay aside, I would say that whilst FEO has had its difficulties, we are beginning to get some good momentum. We are for the most part addressing important issues in good time and making a concerted effort to work together on community issues.

As I have previously mentioned, real life has a tendency to get in the way, but we’re working around this and beginning to gain real traction. I honestly believe that the next couple of months will be a hugely exciting times to be an active member on the forums. We’re working on allocating donations in a more efficient way, so as to run prize draws and raffles whilst comfortably meeting annual server costs. We’re also beginning to work more closely with various members of Starfleet Command to bring new gaming events (with a wide ranging appeal) to the community within the next couple of weeks. Another notable shift is within both Social Media and Recruitment - these two areas which admittedly have been lacking in direction, are seeing a great deal of reform.

Whilst I am in no way dismissing your feedback, I do want to make it clear that I believe we are addressing many of your concerns. I can’t promise we’ll be perfect, but we’ll give more and work harder than we may have in days gone by.

Dentari
    Dentari Medals
    • Highly Decorated
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Receive every medal the UFP has to offer

Unlocked Sat 19 Dec, 2020 10:00 PM

0.18% have received this achievement

• Pillar of the Community
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Be a registered user for 10 years

Unlocked Wed 03 Jun, 2020 12:04 PM

34.82% have received this achievement

• Dedicated
      Rare (50 Points)

Volunteer for 1+ year

Unlocked Fri 05 Oct, 2018 12:11 AM

0.55% have received this achievement

• The Fool
      Rare (50 Points)

Got pranked on April 1st

Unlocked Thu 01 Apr, 2021 10:13 PM

0.46% have received this achievement

• Admiral
      Rare (50 Points)

Receive a promotion to the rank of Admiral

Unlocked Sat 24 Mar, 2018 10:51 PM

0.22% have received this achievement

• To Boldly Go On and On
      Rare (50 Points)

Reach one-thousand posts on the forums

Grandfathered

0.71% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
    Lots of nice answers, plenty of tasty maymays, 7/7.
    But seriously, it's nice to see some FEO taking the serious feedback seriously and having some fun with the less serious ones!

Noram
    "There's a point where we needed to stop and we have clearly passed it. But let's keep going and see what happens..."
  1. Fleet Admiral

• Commendation
      Commendation (150 Points)

Awarded during the UFP Award Ceremony to those who go above and beyond for the community

Unlocked Sat 29 Jun, 2019 9:56 PM

0.24% have received this achievement

• Highly Decorated
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Unlocked Sun 27 Mar, 2016 2:00 PM

• Set Phasers To Frag
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Win an Annual Elite Force Tournament

Unlocked Sun 28 Aug, 2016 7:24 PM

0.04% have received this achievement

• Top Brass
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Reach the highest Starfleet Rank

Unlocked Sat 17 Dec, 2016 10:30 PM

0.03% have received this achievement

• To Infinity and Beyond
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Reach ten-thousand posts on the forums

Grandfathered

0.02% have received this achievement

• Hearthstone Tournament Winner
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Win the annual Hearthstone Tournament

Unlocked Mon 04 Jul, 2016 6:08 PM

0.01% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    Pronouns
    She/Her
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
    I have been doing much of the social media postings on Facebook and Twitter, so if you follow us there, I apologise! But seriously, I would like to thank everyone for their feedback, good and bad, jokes or not, the Roll Call surveys are a good chance to say what is on your mind without fear of repercussions.

Just try not to get insulting, unless you really want to, but it doesn't serve much purpose, insult me anonymously and I'll just laugh :emoticon_ShiftyEyes
    • Highly Decorated
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Grandfathered

• To Infinity and Beyond
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Grandfathered

Very Rare (100 Points)

Unlocked Sat 29 Sep, 2018 1:05 PM

• ...and On and On
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Reach five-thousand posts on the forums

Grandfathered

0.08% have received this achievement

• Correspondent
      Rare (50 Points)

Submit a Federation News Service article

Unlocked Sat 29 Sep, 2018 1:28 PM

0.43% have received this achievement

• Civilian
      Rare (50 Points)

Leave Starfleet for a career in the Federation Government

Unlocked Thu 07 Nov, 2013 11:59 PM

0.09% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
    Chris Halsey is continuing to do what he has been since he came back which, from the looks of it, is whatever Lynxmukka tells him to.
    Chris stop being Lynx's pet
    Within FEO I haven't at present been given any specific responsibilities however I do contribute as best I can as a general FEO member, since I don't have any specific accountabilities it is understandable that members of the community can't point to what work I've done.

When LynxMukka was the President I did what I was asked to do and that continues with Sharpkiller as the President, that doesn't meant I always agree with either of them but ultimately once a decision has been reached and the time for debate is over I follow orders to the best of my ability.

I made it clear that I wanted to contribute more and LynxMukka offered me the opportunity to help out in FNS so I took it. In the words of Q "one takes the jobs he can get".

Since LynxMukka is the CO of FNS then when working on things for FNS I do sort of have to do what he wants just as every officer is expected to follow the orders of their commanding officer. That said in my capacity as an FNS member I've worked with others to complete the book database, started work on a few other databases and I've published a number of news stories, I don't think any of them are bad things.

If anyone does have an issue with me or the way I carry out my job or simply haselect suggestions as to other areas they think my contribution would be beneficial then please come and speak to me and I would be more than willing to listen to your concerns and see if I can address them, please don't wait three months to fill out a roll call survey to let me know, if there is an issue why wait to address it?

I would like to invite the people that gave the above feedback to speak to me directly, if you aren't happy to do so then (assuming Dentari is happy) could you please contact him with more details about your issues with me?
    ChristopherHalsey
    ChristopherHalsey Medals
    "IMPOSSIBLE IS A WORD TO BE FOUND ONLY IN THE DICTIONARY OF FOOLS."
    - NAPOLEON BONAPARTE
  2. Gold Contributor

• Gold Contributor
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Subscribe to a monthly Gold Subscription

Unlocked Sun 25 Jun, 2023 4:03 PM

0.36% have received this achievement

Very Rare (100 Points)

Unlocked Mon 15 Feb, 2021 8:00 AM

• A Heartfelt Thank You
      Rare (50 Points)

Donate over £100 to the UFP

Unlocked Mon 25 Dec, 2023 12:04 PM

0.36% have received this achievement

• Stepping Forward
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Going from Clearance Level 3 to Clearance Level 4

1.91% have received this achievement

• Well Respected
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Reach reputation tier 6

Unlocked Wed 16 Sep, 2015 8:03 PM

0.69% have received this achievement

• Starfleet's Finest
      Common (10 Points)

Be a member of Starfleet Operations

Grandfathered

28.04% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • Users who liked
    • None
    After reading all of the feedback, I have come to the conclusion FEO micromanages far too much while pretty much allowing everything fall apart out of total indifference. Even so, they still manage to do a great job while being consumed by petty arguments and infighting which causes them to accomplish absolutely nothing.

By achieving the above level of competence while simultaneously appearing incompetent, your status has been elevated to Donald Trump stature +4. You may now run for president of the United States. Do not worry about not being a naturalized citizen. That fact never stopped our current president.
    Stormy
    Stormy Medals
    What I really need is a cupholder and a couple of Advil.-Quincy Taggart
    • Highly Decorated
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Grandfathered

• To Infinity and Beyond
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Grandfathered

Very Rare (100 Points)

Unlocked Sat 29 Sep, 2018 1:05 PM

• ...and On and On
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Reach five-thousand posts on the forums

Grandfathered

0.08% have received this achievement

• Correspondent
      Rare (50 Points)

Submit a Federation News Service article

0.43% have received this achievement

• Civilian
      Rare (50 Points)

Leave Starfleet for a career in the Federation Government

Unlocked Thu 07 Nov, 2013 11:59 PM

0.09% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
    Uuuuh, what does Donald Trump have to do with this?
    I'm not so sure but I'm pretty certain Trump has yet to achieve a 93% approval rating.
    ChristopherHalsey
    ChristopherHalsey Medals
    "IMPOSSIBLE IS A WORD TO BE FOUND ONLY IN THE DICTIONARY OF FOOLS."
    - NAPOLEON BONAPARTE