He/Him
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Eaglesg
    • Caymen Greener
    CAPTAIN'S LOG - STARDATE 65468.7 - SEPTEMBER 28, 2387 - 19:38:27
    separator

Phew, the end of possibly one of the most stressful days of my new position to date!

Just had an inspection by the new Sector CO, Admiral Malone. I get the genuine impression that he doesn't like me very much. Seems to think I'm too young, inexperienced and naive to do this job. Well, yet another person I have to convince I'm the right person for this command - right after myself! I wonder if the Admiral picked up on my aprihension and lack of confidence? His bio says he's not from a telepathic or emphatic race, so I doubt he could "read" my emotions. Even so, I must've been giving off nervousness in baffling waves!

It certainly doesn't help that I have an XO who was passed over for command of this ship for me! Not only can I tell he's resentful, but I get the feeling that many of the other senior officers would've preferred that he be CO. So, right off the bat, I have a lot of work to do. Still, its my job to screw up, so the pressure's on me not to screw up and to earn their trust!

At the moment, the only friend I have on this ship is Commander S'Pol, who came over with me from the Nightingale. I was more than happy to accept her as my Chief Tactical Officer, knowing that her experience is more than up to the challenge of understanding the tactical systems on this ship. S'Pol accepted the change in paradigm from colleague to subordinate quite well - I'm still struggling with it. I've always looked up to S'Pol, she was my mentor on the 'Gale, and even when I became XO there, we had a special relationship that transcended our positions. Whilst I still treasure her as a friend, I'm struggling to remember that I'm her Captain now, and that I have to maintain detachment. Still, after all we've been through, that is going to be a real challenge.

I got off to a flying start with our mission, by somehow insulting Ambassador Phillips. I have no idea how I managed that, but low and behold, I did. I have a lot to learn about being a Captain, and I just don't have the time to be learning my role right now. With everyone looking for me to fail, I have to do better than even I think I can do!
    KerryMalone
    KerryMalone Medals
    I'd be delighted to offer any advice I have on understanding women. When I have some, I'll let you know.
    CAPT. JEAN LUC PICARD