Receive every medal the UFP has to offer

Unlocked Sat 24 Sep, 2022 9:00 PM

0.18% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Strathkin
     –  Last edited by Caymen Greener; Wed 18 Jan, 2017 4:41 PM.
    latest?cb=20141214212331&path prefix=en

Mission: Fixes & upgrades

Involved Ship(s)

USS BELEREN, NCC-2261, Cmdr. Jason Seaborne (Joshua A. Broughm)

USS YORKSHIRE, NCC-47942-A, Cmdr. Allen Bradford (Strathkin)

Mission Summary

USS Yorkshire has been ordered to rendezvous with USS Beleren in Alpha Quadrant to assist with minor fixes & upgrades to the former's systems.
    JoshBroughm
    JoshBroughm Medals
    • Pillar of the Community
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Be a registered user for 10 years

Unlocked Mon 26 Aug, 2019 11:07 PM

34.53% have received this achievement

• The Ghost Writer
      Rare (50 Points)

Be the Commanding Officer of the Roleplay Division

Unlocked Wed 23 Jun, 2021 10:02 PM

0.04% have received this achievement

• Commodore
      Rare (50 Points)

Receive a promotion to the rank of Commodore

Unlocked Wed 23 Jun, 2021 9:11 PM

0.50% have received this achievement

• Captain
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Ascend the ranks to reach the Captains chair

Unlocked Tue 31 Jan, 2012 5:44 PM

0.67% have received this achievement

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Sign three roll calls in a row

Unlocked Mon 28 Sep, 2015 8:01 PM

9.74% have received this achievement

• Highly Decorated
      Very Rare (100 Points)

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
     –  Last edited by Josh Broughm; Sun 01 Jan, 2017 11:33 PM.
    USS BELEREN, NCC-2261, Cmdr Jason Seaborne (Joshua A. Broughm)

*IN STARBASE 27 LOUNGE*
    Adm. Collins was sitting at a table with a view, holding a romulan ale in his hand, just absentmindedly looking out into the interior spacedock. Not the first time he's been doing this, definitely not the last. He noticed the officer he was going to meet this day, a rather grizzled Commander Seaborne, with close cut blonde hair & a scar that was tracing his jawline. Collins stood up and approached Seaborne with his hand extended. "Jason," Collins said, "thank you for meeting me here." Jason just nodded. "Come, sit with me & have a drink."

"Admiral," Jason said curtly, "I really do not have the time to chat. The starbase commander has me-" "Right," Collins said, cutting across Seaborne's words, "I'll get right to it. You are to receive a command this day. Nothing fancy, its just an old light cruiser." Jason's eyes brightened, but it wasn't noticeable to anyone. "Well," he said flatly, "I'd best get to the boat, right?" Collins grimaced and said, "You don't seem too-" Jason cut him off, saying, "I'm not. I just got word back about my father." Collins nodded somberly and said, "He's past on?" Jason lowered his head sadly and said softly, "Yeah. About a day ago. Been trying to keep myself busy. Base doctor wants me to take some sick leave & I told him to just drop it." Collins looked into jason's eyes and said, "I understand. Your new ship is the Beleren." He point to an old looking Miranda class with a couple of worker bees flying about it. Jason gazed at it for a bit and asked, "Refitted?" Collins nodded and said, "With the exception of some systems. They've hadn't had time to pull the replicator network out. Lt. Cmdr. Bosley is working on the problem as we speak." Jason turned to Collins and asked, "Will I have a set mission?" Collins answered, "You'll meet up with the Yorkshire at Starbase 621 on stardate 64802.1 to complete minor upgrades, then you'll be free to go about as you please until we have something for you." Jason straighten up to attention and said, "Yes Sir." Collins said, in a business like fashion, "Dismissed." Jason turned on his heels and headed out the door.

About an hour later, Jason found himself in front of the airlock leading to the Beleren. He took a deep breath, then boarded the ship. The minute the airlock opened, a thick, musty smell attacked his nose. "Mother of God!!" Coughed Jason as he walked into the corridor. "Computer," Jason coughed, "What is the status of the air recycling system?" The computer chirped happily, "AIR CIRCULATION SYSTEMS ARE OFFLINE." Jason rolled his eyes and said, "Where is Lt Cmdr. Bosley?" A voice rang out, "On your left!!" Jason spun around to see Frank Bosley, working on a computer access console. Frank stood up and said, "I apologise for the circulation being offline. These old ships are a friggin' pain for maintenance. I'm your CE, Frank Bosley." He extended a hand & Jason shook it. "How does she look, Frank?" he asked. Frank smiled widely and said, "Whoever had her last, they left her in a much better shape than any other ship with a heavy number of years on it." Jason nodded and said, "Give me a tour, please"

About another passed and both jason & Frank found themselves on the bridge. Commander Seaborne sat down and said, "Helm, take us out."

The Beleren slid out of spacedock and into open space, onwards to Starbase 621.
    JoshBroughm
    JoshBroughm Medals
  1. Federation Citizen
    Federation Citizen

Banned

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
     –  Last edited by Strathkin; Fri 20 Jan, 2017 2:27 AM.
    Arrival at Starbase 621 - Stardate 64787.568 - Oct 15, 2387 - 11:05:55
    FAB spacer small

Mission Progression: Starbase & Crew Availability
    USS YORKSHIRE, NCC-47942-A, Cmdr Bradford (Strathkin)

This Starbase is one of the larger ones in the Federation, almost similar to our home port at Sol, which we've not seen much of these past few years. This Starbase has been greatly upgraded during the Borg & Domion threat during 2370 - 2380's, designed as an outer defense perimeter for core Federation home world's. While only 3/5th's the height as Earth Space Dock she's still a very impressive and familiar sight to many of our crew, yet unlike Earth Spacedock which left its original 40+ weapon mounts unarmed after the concerns of the United Earth Government; Starbase 621 adopted an approach akin to DS9's given the threat and given she orbit's an uninhabited gas giant.

After docking I had hoped our Chief Engineer would have identified more available Starbase Personnel to assist; but they have promised a small team of fabrication engineers & facilities to assist with production of any new systems. It seems however many of their crew are stretched thin busy on maintenance on various ships in port including a few commercial / mining vessel's. I shall do my best to make our crew available once our two Chief Engineer's have consulted and Cmdr Seaborne has approved the changes.

Mission Progression: Ask Beleren transmit Ship status

I've asked communications request Cmdr Seaborne transmit ship's status & schematics to our Chief Engineer so the two could begin consulting... I'm very much looking forward to meeting him. The Admiral said he was a fine officer who's often performed well in a variety of challenging roles; even Lt. Commander Saret our new Chief Science Officer has expressed interest in meeting with him.

REF: Alpha & Beta Quadrant MAP
    Name:  Trek Universe Alpha.jpg
Views: 660
Size:  676.8 KB

FAB spacer small
      Very Rare (100 Points)

• The Ghost Writer
      Rare (50 Points)

• Commodore
      Rare (50 Points)

• Captain
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Highly Decorated
      Very Rare (100 Points)

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Strathkin
     –  Last edited by Josh Broughm; Sun 08 Jan, 2017 12:14 AM.
    Arrival at Starbase 621 - Stardate 64796.061 - Oct 18, 2387 - 13:29:42
    FAB spacer small

Mission Progression
    USS BELEREN, NCC-2261, Cmdr Seaborne (Broughm)
    We've arrived at SB 621 slightly ahead of our scheduled rendezvous. I look forward to meeting Cmdr. Bradford actually getting our ship, as old as it is, to full operational status.

CE Bosley has informed me that the replicator systems on most deck are back up, but he doesn't know for how long. The crew is getting tired of eating dried ration packs. Stability systems seems, at least to me, to be somewhat out of tune. Traveling here at Warp 5 made me feel like i'm being shaken in a can. You gotta love old ships, eh?

miranda class msd by suricatafx d3j610r

Current ships status is CONDITION GREEN. The crew seem to be settling in well. Here's to a fruitful journey.

FAB spacer small
    End Mission Journal Entry - U.S.S. Beleren NCC-2261
    JoshBroughm
    JoshBroughm Medals
  2. Federation Citizen
    Federation Citizen

Banned

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
     –  Last edited by Strathkin; Fri 20 Jan, 2017 2:27 AM.
    Senior Officers Consult - Stardate 64796.233 - Oct 18, 2387 - 15:00:05
    FAB spacer small

Mission Progression: Engineer's Consult on Required Work

We had received word from Lt. Lacoste (Chief Engineer on Yorkshire) earlier today she had spent the last 12 hours consulting with Lt. Cmdr Bosley & Lt T'pe of the Beleren prior to their arrival at the starbase; after discussing the plans with Starbase personnel and confirming releasing the core they had in storage, I'll be interested what Seaborne thinks about the revised specifications.

Beleren Revised 'Tactical Specifications' Post Completion
    Cruise Warp: 7.24 with Larger Deuterium-Stabilized Warp Core
    Max Warp/Emergency Warp: 9.2/9.41 (For 8 hrs)
    Shields: Regenerative Shields & Polarized Hull
    Weapons: 6 Phaser Beam Mk XI, 2 Phaser Cannons Mk XI / XII, 4 Photon Torpedo

If Seaborne approves... Lt. Cmdr. Bosley & Lt. Lacoste both have CPO Bobbi Jacobs (in part) to thank after the recent Deuterium element collection we just completed. She remembered a friend on Starbase who identified the USS Erdos Deuterium Core had been relocated here after the ship had a warp core failure during an encounter with a cosmic string which depleted the heavy hydrogen. As a result the ship was refit with a Defiant core. Engineers later learned fabrications insulating the Matter/Antimatter Core, would easy protect it from a similar occurrence. Replacing the older Core with this one would extend the speed to almost warp 9.4, otherwise she'd likely be limited to less than Warp 7.2 even if existing Nacelles are refit. The new core will also resolve the issues with the replicators, without having to spend weeks updating a much older core.

Deuterium Core was originally conceived by the Corp of Engineers due it's extended operation runtimes requiring significantly reduce maintenance for deep space assignments. Lacoste has confirmed the new core could be replaced quickly as their practically identical in size; even confirming the time for fabricating modifications to shield the core, and reintroducing Deuterium is already on board. I'll just have to confirm with the Admiral Utopia Planetia will still have enough for the New Core they had planned to test.

Update power subsystems: heavier insulating runs to power junctions / tactical weapons mounts.
    ▪ 2 weeks with 3 rotating shifts of (125 enlisted / 20 officers from both crews)
    Fabricated modification of the Deuterium Core Matter/Anti Matter chamber.
    ▪ 1.5 weeks with 3 rotating shifts of (20 enlisted / 7 officers from both crews)
    Remove existing Core, install & cross connect certified Deuterium Warp Core.
    ▪ 3 days with 3 rotating shifts of (50 enlisted / 25 officers from both crews)
    Refit / Depressurize Nacelles - Replace off axis field controller, refit: 24 warp coils, 2 plasma injectors, 2 bussard collectors.
    ▪ 3-5 weeks with 3 rotating shifts of (5-7 work bees + 90 enlisted / 60 officers)
    Replace Internal Dampeners for smoother cruising speed.
    ▪ 2 days with 3 rotating shifts of (70 enlisted / 12 officers from both crews)
    Refit Tactical Weapon's Mounts with Refabricated XI or XII energy particle systems.
    ▪ 1 weeks with 3 rotating shifts of (2 work bees + 20 enlisted / 10 officers)
    Upgraded Computer Core : Time Permitting.
    ▪ Time Permitting : We can fabricate components and Seaborne's ENG's could upgrade down the road.

Most the time is required to take apart & refit the nacelles to create a stronger warp field; but despite the Admiral asking me to make ourselves for 9 weeks, perhaps Seaborne need's to be underway sooner? The new proposed core itself is capable of 9.74 if only the Nacelle's were larger to support a 3rd bussard collector; unfortunately we don't have the time or facilities of Utopia Planitia here. Still I'm looking forward to hearing his feedback or if he had anything else on the list. I will inform him I'm making Chief Petty Officer Roberta 'Bobbi' Jacobs temporarily assigned to Lt. Cmdr Frank Bosley to coordinate all activities of all Yorkshire enlisted personnel in consultation with Lt Lacoste.

Lt. Commander Saret and myself will be beaming over to his ship shortly to discuss / revise these plans.

FAB spacer small
      Very Rare (100 Points)

• The Ghost Writer
      Rare (50 Points)

• Commodore
      Rare (50 Points)

• Captain
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Highly Decorated
      Very Rare (100 Points)

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Strathkin
    Cmdr Bradford & Lt. Cmdr Saret beam to Beleren - Stardate 64796.27 - Oct 18, 2387 - 15:22:09
    FAB spacer small

Mission Progression: Refit Preparations Underway

Cmdr. Seaborne is seen looking out at his ship longingly, out of a window. He never really had a good look at his new ship, since his father was in the very forefront of his mind. I must find some time to get back, Jason thought. It now has been three weeks since his dad passed.

Then the communications officer interrupts, "Sir, Commander Bradford & Lt. Commander Saret have just beamed over, they've been taken to the main conference room in behind the Bridge."

Jason sighed and said, "On my way. Be sure to offer them some coffee." He proceeds to the ship's conference room.

As the two officers are shown into the Conference Room they find seats adjacent to each other, the Lt. Commander is holding a Pad loaded with the plans he was reviewing prior to beaming over to present to Seaborne.

Commander Bradford pipes up, "Well I must admit the ship seems generally well maintained for an older design, She reminds me of 3rd Fleet's T'Plana-Hath refit a few years ago except for newer interiors."

Lt. Commander Saret, "Perhaps Captain, we could spare free addition crew for their duties... They could likely update wall panels, interiors, flooring in the more common areas of the ship, we could even convert 1 or 2 recreation spaces into Holodecks."

Bradford looking a little puzzled by his new Science Chief suggestion, almost didn't seem to realize if this was the Vulcan's attempt at humor. Just then Commander Seaborne walks in, Bradford & Saret stand and walk to greet him.

Jason extends a hand in greeting. "Allen," he says, "Its a pleasure. How are things?"

Allen reaches to shake his hand, with Saret standing at attention. "Good. The fleet's repaired, refit, or build a lot of ships to replace what was lost the last few years. We've just experienced that ourselves."

Jason nods and says, "Yeah, I hear you. Shall we get down to brass tacks?"

Saret then hand's the Pad to Seaborne. Allen then adds to his last comment, "Now it seems it's our opportunity to repay the favor. Our Engineer believes we could complete most of the work on the PAD within 7-8 weeks, and provided you're able to spare additional officers / specialist likely sooner. Lt. Cmdr Bosley is free to adjust the final estimate based upon crew you're able to provide. Were there any additional items you'd like added?"

Jason looks over the PADD for a moment, then asks, "Any clue if your guys can upgrade the replicators? Having to eat rations on and off is really bloody grating."

Bradford explains, "Yes actually, you'll see both Engineers agree that's only the first symptom of possibly many others created by the older Warp Core. It's the reason teams have suggested replacing it with the Deuterium core. It was actually a bit of luck that discovered it here, and the fact we have Deuterium on board. Our Admiral confirmed to use the Deuterium required to replenish the core for the Beleren, then transfer what remains onto a transport vessel from the Starbase to Utopia Planitia."

Commander, "As an Engineer I should tell you this will provide greater power levels & even higher warp potential. Bare in mind it's the Nacelle's which are limiting that capability today for generating a stronger Warp Field. The core & power upgrades can be completed 2-3.5 weeks or sooner. If you're able to assign 3 duty shift crews of 40 specialists / officers, the 120 personnel would compliment Yorkshire / Starbase teams. Both crews would be operating on minimal staffing for daily operations for a few weeks; still I'm sure we can manage. In the mean while we'll see about having fresh meals & supplies delivered from the Starbase right away."

"Thank god." Jason sighed heavily, "I hadn't had a decent night's sleep since before I received this command."

Allen then offers the suggestion, "Also please let them know they are welcome to reserve any of the recreational facilities or holodeck's on the Yorkshire, in addition to those that may be available on Starbase."

"Thanks," Jason said, "they'll appreciate that." He then lowers his head and says, "I've not had a good week. No sleep, since my dad passed." A tear falls from his face, "I'm sorry for dumping this on you."

"I understand. I could tell something at been pre-occupying your thoughts... if you need to take a few day's I'd encourage you do that. My crew's will temporarily be assigned to Lt. Cmdr Bosley while aboard the Beleren, but I don't mind fill in if you require some time away to talk to family."

"Yeah," Jason says, "I know."

Bradford before he motions to get up states, "A group of Officer's is coordinating an Anbo-jitsu tournament at the main recreation lounge on the Starbase. A few of the officer's and crew were hoping to join in and catch some of the competition. In fact we've even had two crew, a Petty Officer 1st Class, and a Ensign fresh from the Academy, who've enquired about competing... You and your crew is welcome to join us, be a opportunity to get the crews acquainted, and perhaps enjoy a little R&R."

Jason smiles and says, "Sounds like a good time!" All of them gets up, then leave the conference room. "Might want to throw on that list a new command chair," he grabs the chair and shakes it wildy, "I feel like it could break at any point." He laughs a bit.

Allen nod's, "Commander Saret, has offered science teams to modernize the bridge, ready room, and main conference room... along with new terminals / interfaces for Main Engineering, Science & Astrometric's. Most interiors will need to wait for a schedule stop at one of the Shipyards. Yet I'm sure he won't mind adding a new ergonomic command chair as well to his list."

Saret's raises his eyebrow, realizing what he walked into.

FAB spacer small
    End Mission Journal Entry - U.S.S. BELEREN NCC-2261
    JoshBroughm
    JoshBroughm Medals
  3. Federation Citizen
    Federation Citizen

Banned

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
     –  Last edited by Strathkin; Fri 20 Jan, 2017 2:26 AM.
    Current Status - The first 50 day's... - Stardate 64933.691 - Dec 7, 2387 - 19:08:17
    FAB spacer small

Remembering our first meeting on the Beleren

I'm remembering back to where we started after meeting Seaborne. I recall early on trying to allow him some personal time after discovering the news of his father's passing. Still the two crew's really organized and came together, we also quickly coordinated the Beleren crew to temporary quarter's, either on the Starbase or the Yorkshire. But as plans got underway I was glad I to be reminded something Admiral Malan had mentioned in passing while we were still at Utopia Planitia. He had directed my attention to a facility constructing interchangeable and removable housings. That's when I realized Commander Seaborne wasn't the only commanding officer with a lot of different thoughts preoccupying his mind. I'm glad I realized early on with all the changes to the Yorkshire we almost overlooked a feature of the Miranda.

Mission Progression: How far the Beleren has come

Still the new Role Bar Pod that Admiral Malan had promised had arrived 1.5 weeks ago. Teams had scheduled the removal of the old one prior to the arrival of the Star Fleet Freighter so have that returned, and I'm glad the new one is now fully installed and should greatly compliment the ship for any missions she finds herself on. This new POD has two Phaser Cannon Mk XIII, an additional Quantum Torpedo Launcher, a Compressed Tachyon Deflector Dish, and greatly expanded scientific sensor's. I will be happy to report it's successful instation along with the following to the Admiral.

REF: Miranda by A. Richardson but changes to POD, Interior Hull Layout, & Nacelles by Strathkin
    Name:  Miranda Refit Part I.png
Views: 673
Size:  298.3 KB

Update power subsystems: heavier insulating runs to power junctions / tactical weapons mounts.
    ▪ Completed in 2.5 weeks.
    Fabricated modification of the Deuterium Core Matter/Anti Matter chamber.
    ▪ Completed in 1.5 weeks per schedule.
    Remove existing Core, install & cross connect certified Deuterium Warp Core.
    ▪ Completed in 3 days per schedule.
    Replace Internal Dampeners for smoother cruising & max warp speeds.
    ▪ Completed in 2 days.
    Remove & Replace Miranda Roll Bar POD and cross connect power & computer core.
    ▪ Completed in 3 days extra to schedule.
    Refit / Depressurize Nacelles - Replace off axis field controller, refit: 24 warp coils, 2 plasma injectors, 2 bussard collectors.
    ▪ Completed in 2 weeks for field controller, warp coils & plasma injectors.
    ▪ 1.5 weeks remain to install 2 new Bussard Collectors once they are ready for installation.
    Install 6 new Saucer Tactical Weapon's Mounts with Refabricated XII energy particle systems.
    ▪ 1 weeks with 3 rotating shifts of (2 work bees + 20 enlisted / 10 officers) in parallel to Nacelle work.
    Add small Shuttle Bay to Lower Saucer Section to bring to refit specifications.
    ▪ 1 weeks with 3 rotating shifts of (3 work bees, 1 Sphinx Work Pod, + 40 enlisted / 12 officers) in parallel to Nacelle work.
    Install New Computer Core, Relocate and Modernize Astrometrics & Bridge Stations .
    ▪ 2 weeks with 3 rotating shifts of (72 enlisted / 30 officers).

As the Engineers were able to save some time with the replacement POD and crews freed from the Starbase, they've decided to bring the ship to full refit spec with a third small shuttle bay to the aft Saucer. This will see the two medium shuttle bay's at the rear of the service larger craft, and the new smaller shuttle bay hold a few Type-8 / 9 shuttle's plus a half dozen Work Bea service pod's. We've also confirmed the Computer Core, Astrometrics, and Bridge Modernization will be completed in time.

Still it's hard to believe that a new year is only 3.5 weeks away. If were able to complete some of the remaining tasks in parallel we may be done shortly before the new year. Regardless we'll ensure the crews both get some time over the Holidays. The good news that I'm sure that Seaborne will look forward to sharing is some of the crew may be able to start returning to their quarters about the Beleren; although some in the aft sections of the Sauser may still need to hold out a little while longer.

FAB spacer small
  4. Federation Citizen
    Federation Citizen

Banned

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
     –  Last edited by Strathkin; Fri 20 Jan, 2017 2:26 AM.
    Current Status - 72 Days Later... - Stardate 64995.2 - Dec 30, 2387 - 06:30:17
    FAB spacer small

Mission Progression: Beleren Refit Winding Down

With the support of Starbase personnel, both crews have almost completed an extensive Refit of the Beleren in time for the New Year. All that remains' are new holo projectors for astrometrics to be completed today, then just some finishing touches to bridge & captain's ready room. That work will resume on the 2nd after a pause to allow crews to observe the New Year Holiday.

REF: Miranda by A. Richardson but changes to POD, Interior Hull Layout, & Nacelles by Strathkin
    Name:  Miranda Refit Part II.png
Views: 740
Size:  302.4 KB

▪ Completed in 1.9 weeks for installation of 2 entirely new bussard collectors.
    Install 6 new Saucer Tactical Weapon's Mounts with Refabricated XI energy particle systems.
    ▪ Completed in 1 weeks in parallel to Nacelle / Shuttle Bay work.
    Relocate Wider Shuttle Bay to Lower Saucer Section to bring to refit specifications.
    ▪ Completed in 1.5 weeks in parallel to Nacelle / Tactical Weapon's Mounts.
    Install New Computer Core, Relocate and Modernize Astrometrics & Bridge Stations .
    ▪ Completed in 1.7 weeks for Main & Engineering Computer Cores Upgrades & Astrometric Holographic Modernization.
    ▪ Scheduled for completion in 3 day's (Jan 4th) remaining Bridge terminals & updates to Captain's Ready Room.

I'm looking forward to what Bosley has organized on the evening of the 4th. With the Department head's on the bridge for a small ceremony, it will be broadcast to all members of the crew where an operations team member will upgrade the final ship item, a new Command Chair designed by Doctor Michelle Keyelyth. Then crews will be free to tour the ship to see all the work they've achieved over the last two months.

Now it's time to join Cmdr. Seaborne for breakfast on the Beleren, something we started about 2.5 weeks ago with Lt. Cmdr. Bosley, as part of our morning planning & status briefings.

FAB spacer small
      Very Rare (100 Points)

• The Ghost Writer
      Rare (50 Points)

• Commodore
      Rare (50 Points)

• Captain
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Highly Decorated
      Very Rare (100 Points)

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Strathkin
    Current Status - Refit complete - Stardate 65009.98 - Jan, 4th, 2387 - 15:45:00
    FAB spacer small

Mission Progression: Beleren Refit Launch Ceremony

Two hard, long months of work & she's now complete. What was a patchy looking old smock, is now a fine, soft leather jacket.

Jason took most of the two days after new years walking the decks of his new ship. When he first set foot on her, it felt old, outdated, and obsolete. Now, she had a new breath of life in her lungs. This Miranda would be his home. It almost seemed like the tension just flew straight out of him, now. His sister visited him on starbase & assured him that their dad was well remembered. This comforted Jason, as most of the two plus months were mostly sleepless nights, in which he found himself wandering the starbase. He walked the ship, this time, with an old friend, Dr. Keyeleth. Jason was out of uniform, this day, wearing black jeans, a black, button down shirt & a custom made flight jacket, with the ship's crest on the back.

"How's you sis?" Michelle asked. "She's fine." Jason said, "Took dad's passing a little bit harder that me." They stopped at the new sickbay. "I hope my new staff is ready for this cruise." Michelle laughed. "I think they are," Jason said, "There'll be a small ceremony on the bridge at 15:30 to complete the ship." Michelle winked, saying, "I'll be there." She then gave him a small, friendly peck on the cheek, then disappeared into the new sickbay.

About an hour later, after a nice breakfast with Cmdr. Bradford, he was on the bridge with his Chief Engineer, Frank Bosley. Frank looked around the bridge and saw that all of the new consoles were dark. it gave an uneasy feel to Jason as Bosley said, "Most of the consoles were tested yesterday. I'd thought that we'd leave them dark until tonight." Seaborne nodded, saying, "That's nice." Frank then went to a bare spot on the a nearby bulkhead and said, "A little bare, don't you think?" Jason said with a puzzled tone, "I..uh..." Frank disappeared for a moment, then reappeared with a large, metal slab and his toolbelt. "A gift from the commander of the Yorkshire, sir!" he said. Jason walked to the empty pillar and said, "A new dedication plaque?" Frank nodded. They both worked for a couple of hours, placing the plaque on the pillar.

Name:  Beleren.jpg
Views: 555
Size:  126.9 KB

"Looks good to me," Jason said as he examined the plaque. Frank looked at the plaque closely, "Seems like a good spot to me," he said.

After a little chat, they both went to get ready for the ceremony.

During the ceremony, Jason watched the two operations officers secure the command chair. After an hour, he was invited to have a seat in it. It felt soft, but not too soft. Jason turned to Frank and said, "Chief, light them up!" Bosley pushed a command on his padd and the bridge came to life. All the consoles were active. He extended a hand to Cmdr. Bradford, smiled and said, "Thanks." Bradford nodded, then left. Jason turned to the main viewer and said to the senior staff, "Shall we get under way?"

MISSION COMPLETE
    FAB spacer small
    End Mission Journal Entry - U.S.S. Beleren NCC-2261
    JoshBroughm
    JoshBroughm Medals