ACHV. Points
    Donated
    £25+
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    If you want to zip around then, yeah, you definitely want to pick up a Pilot ship. Their built-in Pilot Maneuvers lets them tumble and roll and do stuff that no other ship can. I haven't tried them myself, but I have seen other people using them. They look pretty fun. The main drawback is that they have, like, the lowest HP of all the T6 ships. So: trade-off.
    I guess the DPS v. survivability (or DPS+survivability) is whole another game than fun (well optimizing and spreadsheeting could be fun too, perhaps not so much for a casual player), but to begin with Pilot ships are fun. Have not yet seen any stats on the nitty gritty of Pilot ship builds yet.

Hugh. Ewww. I never really liked him. I preferred when the Borg were the unstoppable Big Bad. Hugh made them too personable. But then, I was always more of a Q fan. He was my favorite. I was always thrilled when he would show up. You knew things were just about to get crazy.
    Until you know who punched him in the face.
    Asimogorov
    Asimogorov Medals
    • Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Sign three roll calls in a row

Unlocked Thu 07 Sep, 2017 10:02 PM

9.74% have received this achievement

• Eternal Servitude!
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Be a registered user for five years

Unlocked Tue 15 Mar, 2022 12:05 PM

75.84% have received this achievement

• Starfleet's Finest
      Common (10 Points)

Be a member of Starfleet Operations

Unlocked Wed 15 Mar, 2017 9:37 AM

28.06% have received this achievement

• tlhIngan SuvwI'
      Common (10 Points)

Be a member of the House of Kular

13.07% have received this achievement

• Engage
      Common (10 Points)

Join the United Federation of Planets

32.65% have received this achievement

• Reliable Officer
      Common (10 Points)

Sign roll call

Unlocked Wed 15 Mar, 2017 6:04 PM

13.86% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    @Jeslyn
    My n00b is showing.... ouch. I haven't actually looked up the liberated borg's price tag yet. ^^; I'd be going hungry for a month, I would. XP

But I definitely think, after reading a bit of this Pilot feedback, that I'll be going for one of them. They just sound like a ton of fun, and my Sci-Rommy is already specializing in pilot anyhoo (it's odd just how much fun reversing in a speedy fashion is.... easily amused I am. XD ) Also, I'm used to being squishy. And going up in a spectacular ball of flame. Really! All my explosions.... utterly magnificent works of art.

About Hugh, I do understand you there.... some Big Bads should always remain as such... but for me, I've always had a fascination with the 'monster' not being as monstrous as one would think, and the bad guys going good kinda thing. Warm Bodies, Monster in Paris, even the Hunchback of Notre Dame and Beauty and the Beast.... yeah, okay, I'm hopeless. Still.... 'I, Borg' made me so ridiculously happy I /should/ be embarrassed to admit it...

@Asimov
    Good DPS is indeed one of my goals, as is being able to last in a good fight (borg queues <_<), but... I'm not quite to the point of focusing purely on that yet. I mean, I think I got a good set-up for my Kling, and I appear to be doing pretty good (better since I respecced to include Probability Manipulation awhile ago.... before I knew I only had 1 respec for the whole account, not 1 for each toon... d'oh). My reaction time and skill use has also improved.... so I think with time I'll get there.

Ah yes... that famous punch. I loved it. A lot. Too much. I like Q... I really do, but... it sure did feel good. XD I know, I'm mean... the guy gets a lot of flak. (But gives it just as well as you please too. Q-pid.... ah, what fun...)

Okay, I really gotta ask; do you guys mind me using the @name thing, or would y'all prefer I learn my way around a forum enough to try the quotes? XD Dumb question maybe, but... I'm kinda (a-lot) paranoid like that. (And there goes any 'semblance of me being internet-savvy... ah well...)
    • Pillar of the Community
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Be a registered user for 10 years

Unlocked Sun 25 Jul, 2021 9:04 AM

34.64% have received this achievement

• Dedicated
      Rare (50 Points)

Volunteer for 1+ year

Unlocked Fri 05 Oct, 2018 12:22 AM

0.55% have received this achievement

• Silver Contributor
      Rare (50 Points)

Subscribe to a monthly Silver Subscription

Unlocked Sat 29 Jun, 2019 11:00 PM

0.43% have received this achievement

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Sign three roll calls in a row

Unlocked Sun 17 Apr, 2016 6:42 PM

9.74% have received this achievement

• Dean’s List
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Pass all three Academy exams

Unlocked Wed 19 Aug, 2015 5:00 AM

3.98% have received this achievement

• Stepping Forward
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Going from Clearance Level 3 to Clearance Level 4

Unlocked Sat 29 Sep, 2018 1:28 PM

1.91% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    Donated
    £25+
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    @Asimov
    Good DPS is indeed one of my goals, as is being able to last in a good fight (borg queues <_<), but... I'm not quite to the point of focusing purely on that yet. I mean, I think I got a good set-up for my Kling, and I appear to be doing pretty good (better since I respecced to include Probability Manipulation awhile ago.... before I knew I only had 1 respec for the whole account, not 1 for each toon... d'oh). My reaction time and skill use has also improved.... so I think with time I'll get there.
    You may be interested in checking out the build event in that case: https://ufplanets.com/events.php?540...ssion-Saturday, offered quite often just keep a look out in events tab. Also parsing might be helpful, perhaps using one of the STO parsers, I use Combat Log Reader (though I'm not a PvPer): https://www.sto-league.com/combatlogreader/. You may be familiar with this or others Smile

Okay, I really gotta ask; do you guys mind me using the @name thing, or would y'all prefer I learn my way around a forum enough to try the quotes? XD Dumb question maybe, but... I'm kinda (a-lot) paranoid like that. (And there goes any 'semblance of me being internet-savvy... ah well...)
    Not a problem Smile There's a button on top of every post "Quote" or you could also include a quote in between tags manually.
    Asimogorov
    Asimogorov Medals
    • Tour of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

RSVP to ten events via the Events System

Unlocked Fri 18 Sep, 2015 9:02 PM

1.31% have received this achievement

• Dean’s List
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Pass all three Academy exams

Unlocked Sun 20 Dec, 2015 9:04 AM

3.98% have received this achievement

• Stepping Forward
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Going from Clearance Level 3 to Clearance Level 4

Unlocked Sat 29 Sep, 2018 1:28 PM

1.91% have received this achievement

• Starfleet's Finest
      Common (10 Points)

Be a member of Starfleet Operations

Unlocked Fri 28 Aug, 2015 4:01 AM

28.06% have received this achievement

• tlhIngan SuvwI'
      Common (10 Points)

Be a member of the House of Kular

Unlocked Fri 28 Aug, 2015 4:01 AM

13.07% have received this achievement

• The Mad House
      Common (10 Points)

Be a member of the Holodeck

Unlocked Sun 27 Mar, 2016 10:01 PM

13.00% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
    Reply With QuoteQuote
     –  Last edited by KickKat; Sun 19 Mar, 2017 5:20 AM.
    First, welcome to the fleet.

A few extra notes... and I've been working on this, but, I get /extremely/ nervous during any sort of group PVE mission, so, if I'm ever in one with any a' y'all, forgive me if I slip up a few times. Hoping I'll work my way out of that illogical fear eventually....
    I know it is usually unhelpful to say something like this in response to the above, but I wouldn't worry about being nervous or making mistakes. We all are/were inexperienced and we all still screw up. I practically am a screw up. I have been playing for many years now and only recently feel more comfortable piloting my ship than driving a motorcycle. 1

One of the main reasons to join a guild/fleet/whatever besides the social aspect is to gain access to resources not available to one individually. While the sociability our fleet members is pretty awesome, the fleet is also amazing in that its resources are virtually unlimited. I am not refering to items and gear, rather the more intangibles such as knowledge, knowledge about where to find other knowledge, paitience, selflessness, willfulness, determination and generosity. OK. I might be upselling the virtues of the membership, but only a very little.

If you want to know something, just ask. If you want to do something, just ask. If you need help with something, just ask. You will find that a good many of us like volunteering our time and experience because we can show off a little and look cool. Wink 2 3 There is also a distinct lack of party forming callouts in the in game chat, so if you make your requests in there too, you will automatically get some awesome points. If asking isn't your thing, then take the opportunity to join up when someone else asks. They will be genuinely happy to have the company or they wouldn't be asking. The fleet also hosts regular, weekly themed events covering topics such as build discussions, "STF" runs for both ground and space, resource collecting and free-for-all-whatever-the-attendees-feel-like-doing. With some exceptions, one of the purposes of these events is to provide a low pressure, structured environment to teach less experienced players the ins and outs of much of the end game content.

Your new fleet mates want to help. I have only ever had one serious question that no one was able to answer for me and that was because I am probably the only person in STO who wants to know and Cryptic are probably the only ones who know the answer. Every other time it has been:

- Question asked
    - Question answered
    - In-game quality of life/fun increased

That's enough out of me. See ya in game sometime.

1 I may or may not have ever driven a motorcycle without running into a neighbor's garage wall. From the inside. After starting outside.

2 Emoji is not representative of perceived coolness level.

3 I mostly just embarrass myself.
    Kickkat
    I will show it to you, this one thing covered in glory.
    [ Priority Targeting System + source code ][ More key bind examples and tutorials ]