[Announcement] - SFO DEC Community Survey Results

Started By:
Mack, Mon 15 Jan, 2018 5:18 PM
Views:
Replies:
  1. Deputy Head of Gaming

• Commendation
      Commendation (150 Points)

Awarded during the UFP Award Ceremony to those who go above and beyond for the community

Unlocked Sat 22 Dec, 2018 10:28 PM

0.24% have received this achievement

• Highly Decorated
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Receive every medal the UFP has to offer

Unlocked Fri 03 Jul, 2020 6:26 PM

0.18% have received this achievement

• Pillar of the Community
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Be a registered user for 10 years

Unlocked Thu 27 Apr, 2023 1:06 AM

34.53% have received this achievement

• At the Helm
      Rare (50 Points)

Be Head of Starfleet Operations

Unlocked Sun 14 Jan, 2018 6:00 PM

0.07% have received this achievement

• Dedicated
      Rare (50 Points)

Volunteer for 1+ year

Unlocked Fri 05 Oct, 2018 12:12 AM

0.54% have received this achievement

• The Fool
      Rare (50 Points)

Got pranked on April 1st

Unlocked Thu 01 Apr, 2021 11:35 AM

0.46% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Tain
    • Three of Seven
    • Silynn
    Reply With QuoteQuote
     –  Last edited by Mack; Fri 23 Mar, 2018 8:46 PM.
    SFO 240

Hello UFP,

As you may or may not have seen in the recent announcement, I'm the new CO to Starfleet Operations and honoured to hold this position.

While this is my first Command within UFP, I've held similar roles in various other guilds, clans and groups over various MMOs - so I'm glad to be able to add value to the Star Trek Online division, which I believe is the heart of UFP. Within UFP itself, I've had a few positions, most of which were within Starfleet Operations.

When Tain took command of SFO, I've noticed that over a period of time there was an increase in interest for the game. Be it new members or returning members, I've really appreciated with the passion he ran this Division, and that's something that will not be changing as I'm equally passionate about Star Trek and Star Trek Online. If anything, I'd like to wish Tain the best and appreciate all the work he put into SFO.

My vision will involve working hand in hand with Ned'ya - HoK General and Bridger - Head of Star Trek Online, to bring and acknowledge the interest for Star Trek Online amongst UFP members. Ultimately it's all the members playing this game which makes this game fun!

In the coming weeks, you can definitely expect to see a recruitment thread for roles available within the SFO Staff by myself, so stay tuned for that if you're interested to volunteer!

Finally, I'd really love to thank you for the feedback. Below, you will find results of the survey.

Regards,
    CAPTAIN MACK
    SFO COMMANDING OFFICER

SFO SURVEY RESULTS

SEP APPROVAL: 99%
    DEC APPROVAL: 99% ()

SEP EVENT APPROVAL: 96%
    DEC EVENT APPROVAL: 98% (+2%)

DIVISION REVIEW:
    NOT REQUIRED

Looks good from an outside perspective.
    Mack: Thank you very much from the compliment, I believe that reprenstation is just as equally important as the functioning, so I'm glad to hear this!

Haven't been in long enough to have an opinion.
    Mack: In that case, I hope you decide to join us on STO sometime soon!

Although I have no involvement in STO, I can see that it is run efficiently with regular events. - 7
    Mack: I'm sure the STO event officers will be delighted to see the appreciation for the time they put in to organize regular events for the game

Forums are active, which is awesome!
    Mack: I feel the credit for this goes just as much to the members of UFP with their continuous interactions on the STO forums, however, much appreciated!

Projects get slotted. I guess that's pretty much all they do right?
    giphy
    Mack: There's a little bit more to it than that, every role in the STO Staff team accomplish respective goals to achieve a well operational and functional division! But yes, that certainly is one of the aspects, the master mind behind the project slotting plan is Bridger himself - and while we sort of hit a speed bump in our plans, I'm sure we will be hitting T5 as quickly as humanly possible for the Colony.

I only come here one month in a year! Ho! Ho! Ho!
    Mack: Thank you Santa! I appreciate the gifts you have given! See you during the next festive season!

Tough job for older game, but nevertheless, always glad to see things happening.
    Mack: Well, you know the conversation between Scotty and Picard in the TNG episode of Relics when comparing the newer starships (ENT D) to the classic and first 1701 Constitution - "It's like the first time you fall in love, you don't ever love a woman quite like that again!"

It's the same with STO, and the big incentive here is that it's a Star Trek MMO! Every Trekkie will always love it, while also exploring some greener pastures on the side admittedly!
    Mack Medals