Unlocked Fri 12 Apr, 2019 11:01 PM

32.65% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
    Reply With QuoteQuote
     –  Last edited by Paran; Mon 03 Jun, 2019 12:42 PM.
    The Aeons are great, I'm almost tempted to build a Fed character around them. I already have a Romulan with similar performing drones though, and it's cheaper to not do so.

According to this poster's testing with 5 runs each:

JHAS: Avg 13.2k, Range 10.8k - 16.3k
    Gunboats: Avg 13.4k, Range 10.2k - 15.5k
    Rom Drones: Avg 19k, Range 14.7k - 20.8k
    Aeon: Avg 18.1k, Range 16.5k - 20.2k

I haven't cared about DPS since I hit 141k ages ago, it's really interesting to see you work up there with space wizardy.
    Thanks for your reply!

Yeah the romulan drone frigates are awesome! Only real drawback is that they are locked to the Kelvin Timeline Scimitar variants. I guess they wouldnt be that awesome if they were unlocked like the Aeons for example and worked on everything. Another example is the Feds Assault Drones for the Vengeance. Similarly awesome numers as the Romulan drones but locked to the Vengeance (another kelvin timeline ship). The Romulan drones have better survivability though than the Vengeance ones, being frigates.

However there is something above that i should mention. The numbers for the Vanguard Gunboats that the guy in that post produced are incorrect. They will be higher than that and thus higher than the JHAS pets. For two reason. The first one is that the Gunboats have a chance to confuse enemies. In STO that means temporarily make them attack their allies. Thats DPS not counted in those tables. The second and major reason is that the gunboats are bugged. They are using beam overload instead of Beam Fire at Will as they should. I did tests on this and supplied the result to Cryptic myself and got a confirmation in return that they had been able to reproduce the bug and also had gotten other tickets about it and found other people making the same discovery writing about it publicaly as well. A fix for this will be forthcoming. (Knowing cryptic, hopefully they WILL fix it, like at all, considering how long known bugs are kept around).

This is without taking abilities like Superior Area Denial into account. As SAD gives BOTH FAW and CSV to a pet at the same time when used, pets that have a mix of cannons and beams will be able to use both skills at the same time. This may possibly be of more venefit to the JHAS pets as it has both cannons and beams than it will be to Gunboats. But hard to know until it can be actually tested Tongue Out