FEO and Website September Roll Call Feedback

Started By:
Three of Seven, Tue 29 Sep, 2020 6:13 PM
Views:
Replies:
  1. Fleet Admiral

• Commendation
      Commendation (150 Points)

Awarded during the UFP Award Ceremony to those who go above and beyond for the community

Unlocked Sat 29 Jun, 2019 9:56 PM

0.24% have received this achievement

• Highly Decorated
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Receive every medal the UFP has to offer

Unlocked Sun 27 Mar, 2016 2:00 PM

0.18% have received this achievement

• Set Phasers To Frag
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Win an Annual Elite Force Tournament

Unlocked Sun 28 Aug, 2016 7:24 PM

0.04% have received this achievement

• Top Brass
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Reach the highest Starfleet Rank

Unlocked Sat 17 Dec, 2016 10:30 PM

0.03% have received this achievement

• To Infinity and Beyond
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Reach ten-thousand posts on the forums

Grandfathered

0.02% have received this achievement

• Hearthstone Tournament Winner
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Win the annual Hearthstone Tournament

Unlocked Mon 04 Jul, 2016 6:08 PM

0.01% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    Pronouns
    She/Her
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Chris Wilkinson
    • Saelanna
    • Mack
    • Miles
    • Bedders
    • Morris
    • Silek
    • Emmy
    FEO 240

Greetings,

I'm sure this is the feedback you were all looking forward to seeing, well, here are the feedback results from the roll call on FEO and the website. Remember that comments left in these surveys are 100% anonymous, no one will know it was you if you say "I hate Three of Seven, she's useless!", and I won't hunt you down for it either, honest! If you disapprove, please, tell us, so we can work towards fixing it! We did drop by one percentage point this time round, this is explained below in the feedback.

FEO September Approval Rating: 99% (-1%)
    FEO June Approval Rating: 100%

Strongly Approve: 28% (0%)
    Approve: 20% (+3%)
    Neutral: 51.5% (-2.5%)
    Disapprove: 0.5% (+0.5%)
    Strongly Disapprove: 0% (0%)

I am not aware of how the office is run, but things seem alright 'round here. It's the Neutral Zone, no wars, nothin.
    Three of Seven: Well, our main task is to keep various areas of the UFP running in a certain direction, or doing to back end stuff. My job as the Fleet Admiral is to plan a direction for the community, which I run by the rest of FEO, and they all individual help to drive the UFP to the destination. Currently, the weather is good, the roads are smooth, it's easy running.

Jonathan: Three sums up FEO very well. We are the lead administrators of the community, responsible for a certain area. Mine is administration, covering moderation, graphics and finances.

Petrarch: We all work as a team and individuals to ensure the UFP can be enjoyed by all. I'm Community Development which includes SFA & Ares, though my role within FEO is possibly the hardest to clearly define. Basically I try to make sure things and people are happy with the community and what it offers.

Jordan: I can't put it any better than what my colleagues have said above. My role is to maintain the website and services along with our resident Head of Cyber Security.

Sammygm: I'm not going to repeat what the others have said, but I deal with the general gaming side of things, advice, lead the gaming divisions. I give my divisions quite a bit of breathing room, but will step in when I see things that I don't deem necessary or there are disputes.

You're doing a fantastic job! Thanks for all your work!
    Three of Seven: Thank you very much, and thanks for being a part of our community, you're breathtaking!

Jonathan: Thank you!

Petrarch: Cheers!

Sammygm: My thanks, to you

You lot are lovely.
    Three of Seven: D'awwww, no, you're lovely.

Jonathan:giphy

Petrarch: Everyone's lovely!

I find the lack of free speech a bit disturbing...
    Quote Jonathan: "Freedom of speech is not guaranteed on the UFP's forums" via PM 02 Jul, 2020
    Three of Seven: The slight problem with quoting a PM in an anonymous survey is that we can easily tell who left this comment, thus breaking your anonimity to us, however, we are going to keep that confidential, because this survey is supposed to be anonymous, but I shall get to the point of the issue, and we also invited Saelanna to give a comment on this specific point, as it falls under administration.

Free speech protects people from persecution from their government, not against private citizens, businesses, or internet forums. You will find that there would be a lack of free speech in my living room too, if you came over to my house and said something that upset me, I'd ask you to leave, by entering my house, you agree to my rules, same with a forum, you agree to the rules when you sign up. We moderate to keep things civil, and aside from all of this, the right to free speech is not freedom from consequences, you can still be held accountable for what you say.

Jonathan:As this comment is in regards to a PM exchange between myself and the member who presumably posted this feedback. I would like to remind anyone that this feedback is completely anonymous. We have literally no way of knowing who submits feedback. We only know who submitted this one as this PM was sent to only one person.

To put my quoted comment into context, the PM exchange was regarding racist comments made on the forums by the member. Clearly this is unacceptable and is against our Code of Conduct.

More broadly however, as others have echoed but as this is directed at me I will reiterate, by using our forums and services, every member agrees to abide by our Code of Conduct. This is very clearly outlined at registration. We have many common sense rules, including that racist, sexist, homophobic or any other inequality remarks will not be tolerated and will result in action. Our rules are pretty much common sense and common amongst other online forums.

As long as a member abides by our Code of Conduct, they will have no problem. This is the same with any online forum like Reddit for example where you must adhere to their Terms of Service. When I say that there is "no freedom of speech", this means that you cannot say anything on our forums or other UFP hosted services that break our rules. This is would self-evident from looking at the Code of Conduct.

The UFP is not a public space but a private forum which we freely allow members to use and have access to our services, some of which incur a substantial cost to us, under the stipulation that you abide by our rules. If you cannot abide by our rules, then frankly this is not the community for you.

I don't believe our rules are in any way unreasonable.

Should anyone wish to discuss the Code of Conduct and how we apply it, I'll happily have a conversation with anyone about it, just drop me a message.

Saelanna: Every registered member agrees to follow our Code of Conduct when they first join us. Article 7.1 of the CoC clearly states that the UFP forums are not an open public community forum where "free speech" is a right. If you are not comfortable with this and with the moderation team’s enforcement of the CoC, then maybe this is not the community for you. We don’t censor members without good cause, our actions are always measured and discussed to ensure that they are proportionate, justified and necessary. If you play nicely and follow the rules then you’ll never know that we are here and you’re more than welcome to stay.

The UFP seems to be going strong so they must be doing something right!
    Three of Seven: Never skip leg day!

Jonathan:Glad you approve.

Petrarch: Thank you, we'll keep trying to do that!

Jordan: Whoo, we're doing something right!

I love them all!
    Three of Seven: I love you more!

Jonathan: Thanks!

Petrarch: See, not everyone thinks Jonathan is scary.

Jordan: And we love you!

<3
    Three of Seven: 😘

Jonathan:Big Grin

Petrarch: Live Long and Prosper

Not enough free peaches #freepeach
    Three of Seven: I am not a fan of peaches to be honest, so we won't be giving any of those out for free.

Jonathan:Peaches are nice but you are going to have to buy those yourself.

Petrarch: Moving to the country, going to eat me a lot of peaches...

Keep up the good work!
    Three of Seven: We shall do!

Jonathan: Thanks Big Grin

Petrarch: Cheers!

Everything is working within normal parameters.
    Three of Seven: Great!

just came back today 9-3-2020 so I cant say... so far so good
    Three of Seven: Well, hopefully next Roll Call, you will have experienced a bit more, so if you have any comments then, hopefully you can share! If you have comments before then, my inbox is always open!

Three is doing a good job.
    Three of Seven: I am but one person in a collective of CL6, we are all as strong as each other, if one of us is doing well, we are all doing well! So I must thank the rest of the FEO team for doing their jobs well!

They do a good job and glad to see everything working well. Any potential plans for new FEO members?
    Three of Seven: Thank you! We don't currently have any plans for new FEO members at this time, as we have not got a need at this time, if the community grows, or an FEO member steps down, then we will look at getting a new FEO member. That said, who knows if I will win the next Fleet Admiral election! eek!

Jonathan:Don't think anyone is thinking of stepping down so don't think we would have any new FEO members for a while.

Petrarch: As Jonathan says, no-one's thinking of leaving currently though you never know what the future will hold, as we won't always be the ones here in orange.

Ignore the trolls. their brains are too smooth to be reasoned with
    Three of Seven: I often do ignore trolls, I do wonder how you know their brains are smooth, have you done an autopsy on a troll before? I would be interested to see the results!

Jonathan:We try our best and we do also ensure everyone follows the rules, whether they can be reasoned with or not.

Petrarch: I'm extremely good at zoning out, though it comes with the job that I have to read what they say.

I have only positive things to say regarding the running of FEO, having been a member for many years now, they truly know how to run this community. I am aware that sometimes there are trying times, perhaps members are being problematic or you're racking your brains trying to think of ways to boost community engagement, no matter what you may be going through, thank you for helping to lead this community.
    Three of Seven: I think we now have our procedures down quite well when it comes to dealing with problematic members thesedays, we've rewritten a lot of things, well, Jonathan has, so now it's just a case of following through when the time comes! But the biggest is, and no doubt always will be, boosting community engagement, it's a very tricky area, a bad move can result in less engagement! But thank you for your comments, and thank you for being a part of the community!

Jonathan:I think we have dealing with problematic members to a fine art now! Thank you for your support!

Petrarch: There have been trying times before and there will be again, but we have ways and means to deal with issues as they arise, even if it may sometimes take us a little while to figure them out. Sadly we're all in that same boat back in real life with how 2020 has played out, so stay safe and take care!

I can't answer most of these since I just joined.
    Three of Seven: Well, hopefully we have left a positive impression on you so far!

Meow
    Three of Seven: Hello Archer! Go back to sleep.

Website September Approval Rating: 100% (0%)
    FEO Website Approval Rating: 100%

Strongly Approve: 32% (+2%)
    Approve: 16% (0%)
    Neutral: 52% (-2%)
    Disapprove: 0% (0%)
    Strongly Disapprove: 0% (0%)

It's amazing!
    Very user friendly design, modern, reliable, quick. In other words, (and excuse my language here for just one second), This website is the f'n best.
    Website good
    Infinity: Thank you so much for the response, if you have any questions or suggestions - hit me up!

Jordan: Thanks!
    The website appears to run flawlessly for me which of course means lots of busy bees in the background as nothing technological "just works". Full praise and all the cookies for the tech team.

(please note: Cookies mentioned above are metaphorical. Any similarity to real cookies is purely coincidental)
    Infinity: I love some cookies, I may make some soon! Thank you for your kind words.

Jordan: These days the website just runs itself Cool

The technical team do an amazing job keeping the site up and running.
    Infinity: I would like to personally thank all the hamsters at the datacentre for keeping the server online.

I can't NOT visit.
    Best. Trek. Forum. Ever. (read as comicbook guy)
    Infinity: Thank you! The UFP is certainly a special website, one of my favourites as well!

Jordan: Excellent, it's working as intended!

Everything is working within normal parameters.
    Infinity: Roger.

Am new to everything so have approved everything because I approve Trek!!
    Infinity: If you ever have any questions, your RSO should be able to help or alternatively you can shoot me a PM. I don't mind! Big Grin

it is a littel overwhelming at first, but yes
    Infinity: If you ever want to discuss the aspects that are overwhelming, please feel free to do so. I'm happy you're satisfied with the website. Big Grin

Jordan: We are all ears for any suggestions you have that would improve the first time experience.

Top marks for our tech team. Always gets a thumbs-up and a cheer from me.
    Infinity: tenor?itemid=11663223

The website is pretty, the pet feature is a nice addition to the website. Big Grin
    Infinity: Very pretty! The Pet Memorial system is a rather new addition but hopefully our members, should they wish to use it, appreciate the feature.