STAR WARS : Jedi Purge (short story)

Started By:
Kiflin, Wed 04 May, 2022 4:25 PM
Views:
Replies:
  1. RPD Commanding Officer

• Commendation
      Commendation (150 Points)

Awarded during the UFP Award Ceremony to those who go above and beyond for the community

Unlocked Sat 25 Sep, 2021 9:23 PM

0.24% have received this achievement

• Pillar of the Community
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Be a registered user for 10 years

Unlocked Tue 27 Aug, 2019 10:03 AM

34.56% have received this achievement

• The Ghost Writer
      Rare (50 Points)

Be the Commanding Officer of the Roleplay Division

Unlocked Fri 03 Jun, 2022 10:01 PM

0.04% have received this achievement

• Vice Admiral
      Rare (50 Points)

Receive a promotion to the rank of Vice Admiral

Unlocked Sat 14 Oct, 2023 3:01 PM

0.27% have received this achievement

• To Boldly Go On and On
      Rare (50 Points)

Reach one-thousand posts on the forums

Unlocked Mon 13 Jun, 2022 9:02 AM

0.71% have received this achievement

• Well Respected
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Reach reputation tier 6

Unlocked Sun 24 Apr, 2022 3:07 PM

0.69% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
    Reply With QuoteQuote
     –  Last edited by Kiflin; Wed 04 May, 2022 4:32 PM.
    Here is a brief excerpt from a story I wrote a few years ago in celebration for Starwars for May 4th. Hope you like it.

sUHtHpw
    TATOOINE

VhWRGtr
    I think about him every day... he was my brother. I reconsider every decision to discipline him, and the countless times he diverted from following my lead, or even the orders from the Council. I know now my defeat of Darth Maul had not prepared me enough to become a Jedi Knight, and more importantly to guide Anakin. In fact it had fed the growth of my arrogance, and ultimately my biggest weakness... my belief that no matter what wrong Anakin committed, he would ultimately right himself due to him being the prophesied Chosen One.

d35VHTY
    Anakin had become a monster... my disbelief surrounding him being the actual murderer of the Jedi at the Temple, was shattered as I gazed at him. His very countenance was evil. He even grinned when he tried to strangle me during our duel. He relished my suffering. It seemed to invigorate him. He was truly lost and there was nothing I could do to save him. But I couldn't finish him. I believed that his proximity near the lava would be enough to end his life. No one alive should have been able to withstand it. But he had done it... how could he endure so much pain?

70s3ZPo
    I remembered Palpatine grinning as he patted Anakin when he met him upon Naboo, he always wanted Anakin. All of those times that Palpatine met with him in private... I should have intervened. He had deceived us all completely. What fools we where! The Dark Lord of the Sith sitting right among us, all those years! Even with our combined power to ride the currents of the Force, that reach out beyond life and death to see future events upon far away worlds... we were unable to see the very catalyst of the Darkside himself. We were beyond blinded and the Republic would pay the price for our failure...

K7Hn2Cr
    I had lost all hope the first time I saw him upon a monitor, while I sought to quench my thirst before making my journey home. I wondered if the Empire had created a new battle droid? Some sort of new weapon of destruction I surmised as it propelled itself through the throng of Stormtroopers. Then the name appeared upon the screen... Lord Vader. The moniker given to him by Palpatine, while he knelt before him. I almost fainted, seeing him in all black armor from head, to mechanical toe caused me to panic. I momentarily lost control, and fell flipping over a table before being helped up by a near by patron. It was too much to know he had survived, but the final blow was felt when I witnessed the limited footage that COMPNOR released of him slaughtering the wookies. His powers had grown since I faught him. To my horror the final realization set in. Not only did I not kill Anakin... I actually made him stronger.

H9psldi
    I fell into a deep depression. I wanted to end my life. I could not go on living knowing that I was ultimately responsible for helping to create the most ruthless murderer in the Galaxy. With lightsaber in hand I prepared to remove the burden forever of complete failure from my heart. It was at that moment that I heard him for the first time... Qui-gon Gin. He told me that I had much work still to do. And that the convalescence of Vader had much more to do with Palpatine, then anything I had or had not done. No matter who had trained Anakin given the same circumstances, he would have still turned to the Darkside. His fall was inevitable, and tied to the Jedi Order's fall itself. Master Yoda was correct, the prophesy had been misread. Qui-gon continued and told me that my purpose now was to train and learn from him the secrets of the netherworld, so that even in death I could help those that dwell within the Living Force, namely the one who would be the new hope of the galaxy.

3qawSmc
    Both Quigon and Yoda would stay in communion with me. Qui-gon would relay the thoughts of Yoda, while teaching me to purify myself in elemental misogi. In order to reach the netherworld, to truly become one with the Force... I needed to meditate during the hottest times of the day, fully robed. The reason for this is that I had to push mind, body, and spirit to the limit simultaneously. Only then would I unify the three, and be able to push myself beyond the limits of the imagination. But it had to be done every day, until I had mastered the technique. Then whenever I chose the precise time, I could disappear into the Force leaving only what I wore upon my back. The price was high however. The process would take a great toll upon my body, due to the twin suns of Tatooine. I would be irrecoverably weakened physically, and it would accelerate my aging process. Because of my brutal training, I would need plenty of fresh water. My moisture converters would need new filters every 3 months. That meant I had to risk exposure by heading to the nearest outpost to purchase replacements. Even though I possessed the credits to buy a large shipment that would last me the year, I couldn't bring attention to myself by requesting such a large shipment. I gathered my supplies and prepared for the journey again. This was the will of the Force, for me there was no turning back.

7Cpkj5S
    Star Destroyer Devastator_

LFTxMmB
    There was a time when I considered Obi-wan responsible for the death of Padme. I would loose control whenever her betrayal from the coercion of my former master entered my mind. NO LONGER... I now embrace the fact that I killed her. And I RELISH IT... Her life was over the moment she allowed Obi-wan to influence her. She was a fool to believe that I would simply run away, and leave the Empire that I helped to create. My feelings for her were the cause of my weakness. And THAT is why she had to die.

r65vbd5
    The Emperor could foresee it... All along he instigated everything between us. He initially requested that I accompany Padme to Naboo, her home world. He knew my feelings for her would grow, and I would become more easy to manipulate. I did exactly as he foresaw. I must endeavor to learn all of the methods of his many machinations, even though he will always create additional impediments. Even now various Moffs and diplomats do whatever they can to incur his favor. That is the true power of the Emperor, his ability to manipulate others into direct competition to do his will.

hfbRvL4
    My anger before the death of Padme allowed me to be easily controlled, and my unfamiliarity with the suit caused me much frustration when I first was placed inside. The Dark side sustained me through it all. But I learned it doesn't aid those who doubt themselves, or its power. What was once a claustrophobic prison, became the very instrument of the will of the Dark side. My lumbering mechanical movements became unrelenting, focused strides. The Emperor is powerful, but even he fears my potential... He designed the suit to purposely weaken me, to keep me in constant pain, and to deter me from facing him. However my powers WILL continue to grow, and one day nothing will stop me from destroying HIM!

ujLjtdt
    Lord Vader?

x1oAD3W
    Yes Lieutenant what is it?

ujLjtdt
    Our probes indicate three different planets of possible resistance cells. These systems include Bespin, Endor, and Corellia.

oPkvnDQ
    I am already aware of the situation transpiring upon all three planets Lt. Why have you decided to disturb my meditation?

ujLjtdt
    (swallows) The Emperor has also... requested that you contact him.

oPkvnDQ
    Very well, direct yourself to the door Lt. and do NOT disturb me again.

ujLjtdt
    Yes lord. (bows and leaves)

2XaDALK
    What is thy bidding my master?

0aYjrJ4
    Lord Vader, there is a vergence in the Force. One of the Jedi from your former council is still alive. He is powerful, and must be eliminated.

CFhx8hw
    Master, who is the Jedi?

0aYjrJ4
    The one who cemented your RISE, my friend. Now go find him and destroy him.

oPkvnDQ
    Yes... my master.
    Kiflin
    Kiflin Medals