Unlocked Wed 01 Sep, 2021 12:00 PM

9.74% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • AlexRider
    Reply With QuoteQuote
     –  Last edited by Brunocsf; Fri 23 Jun, 2023 11:53 AM.
    Alright, thought I would share my thoughts over the Halo franchise, while I'm somewhat of a new member to this franchise (started playing this years may), I enjoyed the MCC collection, well the good part of it anyways.
    So I played Halo Combat Evolved, Halo 2 and finished Halo 3 today and god it was an amazing run. I completed on Heroic all the missions and got some cool achievements along the way, did some speed running based on the videos of Nak3dEli.
    While I knew some of the Halo story by watching gameplay videos and reviews, I had never played so my understanding of the story was of course limited, and to be honest my only regret was not playing it earlier. The story, the characters (mainly Master Chief, Cortana obviously), the gameplay (Halo CE although old has a very fun and nice gameplay, unfortunately some levels are rather and repetitive on the case of CE) the other ones had an improved gameplay although I didn't like Halo 2 missions as much as the other two games. The reason for that is because I didn't enjoy playing as the Arbiter to be honest, enjoyed his character a lot more on Halo 3, where he was only a secondary and not a primary. However I do respect the more complex story we obtained from Halo 2, part of that was due to the Arbiter missions, still I prefer playing only as Master Chief and having Cortana by my side Smile.
    Ah yes, now if you are wondering why I said "good part of the MCC" on the beginning, I shall explain. The only game which I have a minor interest in playing would be Halo Reach which they say it's pretty good but I was looking for a sequel to Halo 3, not a prequel to everything.
    Speaking of the sequel... Halo 4. Oh my, I'm not going to play that lol. Where should I begin? Well the game pretty much attempts a reset at the incredibly written story that developed trough out 3 games. Why? Because they pretty much ended the Humanity/Covenant conflict on Halo 3. The Flood is gone since Chief fired the Halo ring to destroy them. Humanity is on ruins, the Covenant as well. Both have to rebuild and are in no state to even think about war and that's it. Cortana and Chief are lost in space inside the Dawn and Chief just goes to cryo sleep while Cortana stays active taking care of him and what's left of the ship. Now why Halo 4 reset the story? Ah yes, to create conflict again so they could make another Halo game featuring Master Chief saving humanity.
    Also Cortana dies in Halo 4 and that's probably one of the biggest mistakes in the franchise lol. She was just so amazing and really made the experience better and they just kill her off :/. Anyways her personality is also very different in Halo 4 from what I saw in the videos as well, rampancy or not that's obviously wrong, thanks to 343 I assume.
    Anyways that's it, thought I would share my thoughts and create a discussion with my favorite community. Please do ask questions if anyone want to or make commentaries.
    BrunocsfBrunocsf Medals
  2. Personnel Officer

• Dedicated
      Rare (50 Points)

Volunteer for 1+ year

Unlocked Fri 23 Sep, 2022 9:01 PM

0.54% have received this achievement

• Tour of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

RSVP to ten events via the Events System

Unlocked Sat 11 Jun, 2022 10:01 PM

1.31% have received this achievement

• Dean’s List
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Pass all three Academy exams

Unlocked Thu 19 Aug, 2021 4:00 PM

3.98% have received this achievement

• Stepping Forward
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Going from Clearance Level 3 to Clearance Level 4

Unlocked Thu 23 Sep, 2021 4:01 PM

1.91% have received this achievement

• Two Factored
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Enabled Two Factor Authentication

Unlocked Mon 18 Apr, 2022 6:04 PM

0.60% have received this achievement

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Sign three roll calls in a row

Unlocked Wed 01 Sep, 2021 12:00 PM

9.74% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    Small update, but thought I would share. I'm currently completing Halo CE on Legendary. Using a lot of speedrun tricks, although some are very hard, they are really nice to learn and master. I also thought I was a little harsh on Halo 4 and I might try playing it in the future.
    BrunocsfBrunocsf Medals