communications relay login

Legendary Scimitar Build

Started By:
Draxx, Tue 18 Jul, 2023 7:34 PM
Views:
Replies:
    • Commendation
      Commendation (150 Points)

Awarded during the UFP Award Ceremony to those who go above and beyond for the community

Unlocked Sun 25 Jun, 2023 9:25 PM

0.24% have received this achievement

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Sign three roll calls in a row

Unlocked Fri 01 Dec, 2023 5:02 PM

9.74% have received this achievement

• Eternal Servitude!
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Be a registered user for five years

Unlocked Sat 01 Jan, 2022 8:06 AM

75.80% have received this achievement

• Starfleet's Finest
      Common (10 Points)

Be a member of Starfleet Operations

Unlocked Sun 01 Jan, 2017 2:00 AM

28.06% have received this achievement

• tlhIngan SuvwI'
      Common (10 Points)

Be a member of the House of Kular

Unlocked Sat 03 Jun, 2017 2:03 AM

13.07% have received this achievement

• Engage
      Common (10 Points)

Join the United Federation of Planets

32.66% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    This was a ship that was recommended to me and I've been using it on one of my newer characters and loving it. It's a nice break from traditional fed ships.

But i'm looking at build options. So far I want to run disrupters on it to abuse the new flame thrower from the summer event.

I know not all the consoles that came with it are worth it, so here's what i'm thinking of keeping to at least give it some uniqueness.

So I went with cannons, but i'm unsure if it would be wiser to use beam arrays. It has a very decent turn radius with all the bonuses, and since i just started doing rep on this character, the good stuff is yet to come. Cannons do way more damage so I went ahead and went that route, but I can switch to beams if I need to.

So i have the colony deflector already, and an elite fleet Thoron-infused core. (amp oload singc SSS wcap). I must have looked at 30 different cores before deciding on this one, but with the hundred+ different cores, this was by far the easiest to get that i think did a decent job.

as far as consoles I want to keep. The flagship computer, adaptive emergency systems, and dampening wave emitter all look really good as far as useage and set bonus along with the dragonblood reactor.

The other 3 consoles are nice, but there are way better consoles and firing while cloaked is nice, well it's 15 seconds and doesn't get the job done. so thats 3 open slots there.

I do have DOMINO but it's a phaser bonus not disrupter, so maybe M6 computer instead?
    Assimilated module has crit chance, but not much, but the +5 weapon power setting is nice. so maybe sustained radiant field for the bonus damage?
    Projected singularity has no ship bonuses but it is a nasty gravity well that drags things along. might be useful to use with the flame thrower and cannons since everything will be in front of me?
    The bio-neural gel consol has bonus power settings and a 7% bridge officer time reduction that could be useful.
    Interphasic stability gives 5% damage and 7.5% bonus hull hp

A lot of options out there

Tactical i was just going to dump 4 advanced tactical vulnerability locators and the disco fire control console. The only reason the aperture console is on there is for the cannon bonus damage. It's going to get replaced as soon as i get more fleet creds

hanger pets idk. scorpion fighters would be theme, but Romulan frigates maybe?

I know tillies shield and competitive engines are a must.

AS far as boffs.

1 kentari bonus damage per kill / leadership
    2 Watchers +3% crit and severity +5 defence
    Beverly crusher boff recharge and leadership.
    Hierarcy +7.5% core efficency / Pirate +1.5% damage and +50- perception

I know i can replace the bottom 2 with watchers, but should I? at 15m each it's a little expensive, but another 6% crit would be nice. (no i can't use romulan unless i buy the 160k fleet ones. Already tried)

Traits:

I have no after market traits for this character. Boilmer sticks out, "good day to die" sticks out. don't have the EC to buy them. intel agent maybe?

Rep traits i have yet to unlock but working on it.

So any ideas? Should i skip out on disrupters and use phasers instead, or use beams? Don't really want to use phasers since my last 3 ships used them.

Name:  RRW REX 1.jpg
Views: 334
Size:  133.9 KB
  1. Quartermaster

• Commendation

Awarded during the UFP Award Ceremony to those who go above and beyond for the community

Unlocked Sat 25 Mar, 2023 10:30 PM

• Dedicated
      Rare (50 Points)

Volunteer for 1+ year

Unlocked Sat 20 Feb, 2021 11:02 PM

0.54% have received this achievement

• The Fool
      Rare (50 Points)

Got pranked on April 1st

Unlocked Thu 01 Apr, 2021 2:04 PM

0.46% have received this achievement

• To Boldly Go On and On
      Rare (50 Points)

Reach one-thousand posts on the forums

Unlocked Wed 02 Feb, 2022 3:03 AM

0.71% have received this achievement

• Rear Admiral
      Rare (50 Points)

Receive a promotion to the rank of Rear Admiral

Unlocked Sat 24 Sep, 2022 8:37 PM

0.47% have received this achievement

• Aspiring Author
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Participate in a Short Story Competition

Unlocked Tue 29 Dec, 2020 5:16 PM

0.12% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    Pronouns
    He/Him
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Draxx
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    As long as you can manage the handling of the ship to keep things in the firing arc cannons work, particularly if you grab the competitive rep engines and/or slap some Deuterium Surplus items into one of your device slots to enhance your maneuverability further when needed. Cannons do more damage, but only if they are firing. Otherwise, beam arrays or DBBs work too if you need something more forgiving on your piloting demands. If you want to lean into the Intel side of things, you can also run a SS3 build on this and mix cannons and beams to get the best of both once you level your reps more. As far as damage flavor, disruptors are viable. Phasers tend to have a lot of consoles with damage buffs out there, but Disruptors are probably in second place. If you have access to a Cardassian ship in your active ship roster, the Spiral Wave disruptors are some of the best weapons in the game, but they can be pretty pricey to buy from the dil store.

For pets, I'd probably recommend the Romulan Drone Ships. The elite ones are some of the strongest pets in game if you aren't throwing carrier traits on like SAD. If you do have and are slotting SAD, normal To'duj fighter squadrons are the BIS there (or anything else with a "pulse cannon" may outperform there). Scorpion fighters aren't the greatest options and will probably only do half the damage (or less since they are far more squishy than the drone ships). The Thoron singularity core you picked is one of the best options on that end, though as you level the Disco rep up, switching to the Disco core and shield is popular too for the big hull regen buff from the 2-pc set.

On consoles, Locators + the "Lorcator" is probably the best route, and I'd recommend using the universal slot for one of these as well. This ship has more tac slots than engineering (double if you treat the universal as another tac slot), so the advanced tac consoles will work out better than the new advanced engineering "isomag" consoles. If you do end up running a Surgical Strikes build, you might also want to consider the Exploiters instead of the Locators since the firing mode gives a healthy crit chance buff plus the excess accuracy would also convert over to some additional crit chance, so it is relatively easy to get to 100% crit chance. Exceeding 100% crit chance provides no benefits, so crit severity will be more useful. The flagship technologies set consoles are good too here, though the dampening wave emitter is the weakest of these as you get more console options to consider. I'd also suggest DOMINO over M6, as the buffs are generally a bit better despite the Phaser damage passive going to waste. You could also potentially consider running both DOMINO and M6 both if you have both.

Projected singularity might be one to test out. Yes it works like a gravity well, but it will move away from you after firing and could drag your targets out of the 5km range of the dragonsblood flame bellows console depending on how hard the pull is for your specific build. The Assimilated Module console is a bit weak on crit chance, but 10% crit severity isn't bad for a budget choice. The Zero-Point Energy Conduit from the Romulan rep gives a slightly larger crit chance buff if you really want to help the chance side of your math though. The other options you mentioned are okay-ish, but probably will be the ones you would look to replace first as you get more stuff. Hard to say what is optimal here without seeing your stats numbers and firing mode choices which might be best here.

For the boffs, I'd probably look to replace the Crusher hologram. It was a DPS loss to equip her when she first came out due to bugs, and although they have tried to patch her a few times since then, she still isn't all that good. Another Watcher boff or an SRO boff would be an upgrade there. Your Kentari and potato boff are ok, but optimally Watchers or SROs are still going to be a little better in the long run.
    darthnovawave Darthnovawave Medals
    • Commendation

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Eternal Servitude!
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Starfleet's Finest
      Common (10 Points)

• tlhIngan SuvwI'
      Common (10 Points)

• Engage
      Common (10 Points)

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    Its slowly coming along. Competitive engines taking a wile to get from both needing to build up the rep and get the stratagems 1 day at a time. other things coming along great.

Thinking about a console called a computer assisted flight. runs about 6m in the exchange but it gives flanking and a flight turn and speed boost. Would be helpful and a flanking bonus means more dps just from having someone else nearby or being in it's rear arc.
    • Commendation

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Eternal Servitude!
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Starfleet's Finest
      Common (10 Points)

• tlhIngan SuvwI'
      Common (10 Points)

• Engage
      Common (10 Points)

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Bridger
    • darthnovawave
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    I'm taking this build a different way. With the successes of the D'deridix plasma build, i'm going to keep it traditional Romulan design as intended.

plasma dual beam banks and torpedo's, stuff like that. taking the D'deridix build and cranking it up with this, and moved it to a tactical romulan captain (Penelope)

I'll update this later. hotel internet is unstable.