[Active] - Ensign Katie Green at the Paris Shuttleport

Started By:
RavenSplat, Mon 24 Jul, 2023 9:09 PM
Views:
Replies:
  1. UPT Executive Officer

• Commendation
      Commendation (150 Points)

Awarded during the UFP Award Ceremony to those who go above and beyond for the community

Unlocked Sat 30 Dec, 2023 10:14 PM

0.24% have received this achievement

• Dedicated
      Rare (50 Points)

Volunteer for 1+ year

Unlocked Sun 10 Dec, 2023 5:06 AM

0.54% have received this achievement

• Correspondent
      Rare (50 Points)

Submit a Federation News Service article

Unlocked Mon 12 Dec, 2022 1:03 PM

0.43% have received this achievement

• Captain
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Ascend the ranks to reach the Captains chair

Unlocked Sat 30 Dec, 2023 10:05 PM

0.67% have received this achievement

• Dean’s List
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Pass all three Academy exams

Unlocked Sat 01 Apr, 2023 9:03 PM

3.98% have received this achievement

• Poster Child
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Reach 500 posts on the forums

Unlocked Sun 10 Dec, 2023 10:03 PM

1.11% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    Pronouns
    They/Them
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Kiflin
    • Josh Broughm
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    Starfleet Headquarters - Admin Building - Engineering Division - Stardate 58138.2 - February 20, 2381 - 10:30
    FAB spacer small

Ensign Katie Green a recent graduate of the Starfleet Academy Engineering course was heading to an appointment with Commodore Thyni ch'Kerro, the head of deployments for everyone graduating any Engineering course at Starfleet academy. Rounding the corner to where her appointment told her the office was she saw a Lieutenant Commander sitting at a desk. “Hello Ensign, are you here for a meeting?” the officer greeted.
    “Yes, Commodore ch’Kerro according to my invitation.”

“Ah yes Ensign Green we have you on record here. Just put your badge in the holder here to validate your identity and then head down to the last door on the left.”

Putting her badge down in the slot until a green light is shown before picking it back up.
    “Thank you for your assistance Lieutenant Commander”

As Katie headed down the hallway the feeling of dread grew with each door she passed. Evidently this was the entire Engineering deployment group for Starfleet as a whole. So of course all the lower ranks who do all the busy work with the higher ranks who make all the big decisions at the end. Heading down the Hallway and with every passing door Katie’s feeling of dread grew after all why would someone so highly ranked want to speak to her. A brand new Ensign who has no experience. At least it wasn't the central door at the end. Finally getting to the door and taking a deep breath in, Katie knocked.

“Enter”

As Katie entered she saw an older Andorian man in an Engineering uniform and Commodore rank pips.

“Ah, Ensign Green thank you for coming over to see me. Take a seat, I saw on your deployment options form you want something interesting." Commodore ch'Kerro began as Katie took a seat and the door closed behind her. "There is a ship I think would work excellently for you however it may be a few months before I can sort out your placement on it. So in the meantime I’m placing you as part of the Special Shuttleport in Paris.
    Now I know this doesn’t sound that great but the special shuttle port is where dignitaries meeting the president land. Lots of different types of shuttles land here and I think this will be a great place for you to get some experience different system before your on ship appointment.”

Although slightly disappointed that she wouldn’t be on a starship straight away Katie was looking forward to working on all the different types shuttles that the different Federation members used and if she was lucky maybe some Non-Federation ones as well.

“You should also be aware it is highly peculiar to put one so inexperienced on this deployment but with your test scores plus some glow reports from your instructors I hope I can trust you in this. I am telling you this for two reasons, one is that the others working there may look down on you for this. It should be at most some harmless joking but if you get bothered by it speak to your Commanding Officer to sort it out. If anyone does anything which breaks the Starfleet regulations on conduct please report it firstly to your commanding officer and if that doesn’t work to resolve it then report it through the official complaints committee. If you do take that route please contact my assistant using these details.” Handing Green a card as he said so.

“I have high hopes for what you can do in Starfleet and would hate to see it stopped by some stupid comments or actions of other members. The second reason is that you may not know what to do or may be confused by it. If that happens speak up. With your deployment there I have attached a note that you may ask a lot of questions and will need to be supported. This will not impact your career at all, just support you as would be normal requirement on an Ensign’s first deployment.”

“Thank you sir, I really appreciate that and your warnings. I’m really looking forward to this deployment.”

“Well I’m glad to hear that and you don’t have to wait long. You start at the Paris Special Shuttleport in 3 days time. All the details are here” Commodore ch’Kerro says passing a datapad over to Katie. “And they have been sent to you as well” There are Shuttles going from San Francisco to Paris basically every hour so as long as you get one before Monday Morning you should get there on time. But for now rest over the weekend and pack up your stuff. There will be a room ready for you in Paris near the shuttleport so you can move out of the academy rooms before your Starship job is ready. Best of luck to you”

“Thank you Commodore” Katie Says while standing to attention before walking out the office. Once the door closed Katie breathed a sigh of relief before heading down the hallway once again. Passing the Lieutenant Commander who only briefly looked up as she passed. Once outside she finally started to relax and get excited about her new job. The Special Shuttleport will have all sorts of designs, maybe she will see a Klingon or Romulan design and she’s heard that Bajor and Hysperia have very different designs for everything. Which doesn’t make much sense as Hysperia is a Human Colony world but it must be fun to work with that tech regardless. This is going to be a great few months!
    Ravensplat
    RavenSplat Medals

Truth creates knowledge. Knowledge fosters understanding and in understanding there is peace