• Completing new missions and events

10 41.67%
  • Playing TFO's with fleet mates

7 29.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
  1. UPT Executive Officer

• Commendation
      Commendation (150 Points)

Awarded during the UFP Award Ceremony to those who go above and beyond for the community

Unlocked Sat 30 Dec, 2023 10:14 PM

0.24% have received this achievement

• Dedicated
      Rare (50 Points)

Volunteer for 1+ year

Unlocked Sun 10 Dec, 2023 5:06 AM

0.55% have received this achievement

• Correspondent
      Rare (50 Points)

Submit a Federation News Service article

Unlocked Mon 12 Dec, 2022 1:03 PM

0.43% have received this achievement

• Captain
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Ascend the ranks to reach the Captains chair

Unlocked Sat 30 Dec, 2023 10:05 PM

0.67% have received this achievement

• Dean’s List
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Pass all three Academy exams

Unlocked Sat 01 Apr, 2023 9:03 PM

3.98% have received this achievement

• Poster Child
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Reach 500 posts on the forums

Unlocked Sun 10 Dec, 2023 10:03 PM

1.11% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    Pronouns
    They/Them
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Kiflin
    • Miles
    • Remsus
    • Solace
    • WoorLord
    • Morris
    • AlexRider
    Reply With QuoteQuote
     –  Last edited by RavenSplat; Mon 20 Nov, 2023 10:22 PM.
    EDIT - This Discussion thread is being posted on behalf of the Federation News Service and is intended to foster discussion/share stories and encourage community engagement.

Hello everyone. It's been a while since I last did a discussion and poll but thought I'm back.

I realised recently that STO has a lot of different playstyles but I couldn't find anywhere myself on how people like to play. I've compiled six different playstyles but I am aware this is not an exhaustive list so feel free to comment about what you find the most fun to play, and if you do play in one of the options let us know some of your favourite moments too.

I will also be leaving names on for this poll so you can see who also picked your option and find people who match your style who you may not have known about and join up together for some fun as a group and you can pick multiple options so go wild.

So whether it's Shooting down your enemies, Flying around with your friends or telling the best stories you can, Tell us about your favourite way to play Star Trek Online in the comments.
    Ravensplat
    RavenSplat Medals

Truth creates knowledge. Knowledge fosters understanding and in understanding there is peace
  2. UPT Executive Officer

• Commendation

Awarded during the UFP Award Ceremony to those who go above and beyond for the community

• Dedicated
      Rare (50 Points)

Volunteer for 1+ year

• Correspondent
      Rare (50 Points)

• Captain
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Dean’s List
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Poster Child
      Uncommon (25 Points)

ACHV. Points
    Pronouns
    They/Them
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Kiflin
    • JByb04
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    Before I joined the UFP in STO on the computer side very recently I played on PS4. During this time I was part of a fleet and some of my best STO memories so far, have been with them.

We once did a session where we all showed up in our favourite ships at one of the large but emptier Space areas and just had fun flying around in it. We also did some casual PvP afterwards to see who had the best gear. As someone who doesn't focus much on combat I found the flying around in something approaching formation with many different ships of the line to be a really fun experience and one I hope I'm able to do again either on PC or PS4.

Another Tradition this fleet had was to have all Promotion Ceremonies for Lieutenant Commander and Above (which wasn't much as we only had 7 ranks) to be held in game at the Fleet Star base. We would assemble as much of the fleet as we could (which isn't much as the fleet is quite small) and gather around the central area on the top floor where the CO, XO or 3IC would promote you based on what rank you were being promoted to. I have been lucky enough to have a few ceremonies for myself in this manner as I reached Admiral in this fleet. For this everyone either put on their Dress or most formal uniform with fleet ranks and it was like we were creating a sort of mini story for our characters within the fleet. It was also really fun just to stand there in game and chat to a lot of the fleet members who's time zones usually meant we didn't see each other.

I am sure that in a few years time if I was asked again I would be able to say some times that I had with the UFP but as I basically just joined the in game fleets I haven't had time yet. I also chose the moments I did as my favourite parts of STO is the community we build around it and the stories we can tell through it however I have also had some fun with new missions and TFO's, especially going through them for the first time as a Fleet team in voice chat.

Hopefully some of my stories can inspire you all to think of some of yours and share them too. This is a community which is very highly dedicated to STO so I'm sure that as a group we can come up with a some great stories to share below and reminisce on.
    Ravensplat
    RavenSplat Medals

Truth creates knowledge. Knowledge fosters understanding and in understanding there is peace
  3. Star Trek Online Executive Officer

• Highly Decorated
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Receive every medal the UFP has to offer

Unlocked Sat 25 Sep, 2021 9:00 PM

0.18% have received this achievement

• Dedicated
      Rare (50 Points)

Volunteer for 1+ year

Unlocked Sat 20 Feb, 2021 10:00 PM

• The Fool
      Rare (50 Points)

Got pranked on April 1st

Unlocked Thu 01 Apr, 2021 11:19 AM

0.46% have received this achievement

• At the Helm
      Rare (50 Points)

Be Head of Starfleet Operations

Unlocked Tue 08 Dec, 2020 3:00 PM

0.07% have received this achievement

• Admiral
      Rare (50 Points)

Receive a promotion to the rank of Admiral

Unlocked Sat 26 Mar, 2022 9:49 PM

0.22% have received this achievement

• Two Factored
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Enabled Two Factor Authentication

Unlocked Sun 24 Oct, 2021 2:59 PM

0.59% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Solace
    • JByb04
    • Miles
    Reply With QuoteQuote
     –  Last edited by Jestersmith; Tue 07 Nov, 2023 1:39 PM.
    We once did a session
    Our weekly events take place every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, and as we've always stated, everyone is welcome to join, regardless of their level or ability. In the past, we've organized themed events, and we're looking forward to doing more of them in the future.

We are looking for new event hosts at the moment this is open to members to apply, Ideas can be put forward by any and all

PvP
    it's something we've done in the past, although it's been a while since our last PvP event.

Another Tradition this fleet had was to have all Promotion Ceremonies for Lieutenant Commander and Above
    We have Similar

The next UFPAC ceremony is scheduled for next month, and I want to emphasize that anyone and everyone can be nominated to be put forward for promotion, regardless of their current rank or standing.

As for my experience

I've been part of this community since 2012, and for a long time, I was the quiet guy in the background, not actively participating in events. However, as the game evolved and UFP continued to grow, I began to participate in events. One of my earliest fleet event memories involved the old STF training missions, particularly the ground maps which I used to avoid back then.

Fast forward seven years, and I took on the role of Personnel Officer. I started running events, particularly for Mentioned User Solace, a task I initially took on that did not last long due to Dog issues that some members from that time will remember and understand. Eventually, I was asked if I would consider taking on the current position by my fabulous predecessor, Mentioned User Mack.

These past few years have been strange due to the challenges brought by COVID-19 and the uncertainty surrounding the ownership and maintenance of STO. I'm sure the next few months will be interesting, depending on how things unfold. I may not have been as active in recent events as I would have liked, primarily due to work conflicts, but I want everyone to know that I'm always here to assist and answer any questions whenever they arise

Time here has been eventful and fun to say the least.
    Jestersmith

Jestersmith Medals
  4. UPT Executive Officer

• Commendation

• Dedicated
      Rare (50 Points)

Volunteer for 1+ year

• Correspondent
      Rare (50 Points)

• Captain
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Dean’s List
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Poster Child
      Uncommon (25 Points)

ACHV. Points
    Pronouns
    They/Them
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Jestersmith
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    Our weekly events take place every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, and as we've always stated, everyone is welcome to join, regardless of their level or ability. In the past, we've organized themed events, and we're looking forward to doing more of them in the future.

We are looking for new event hosts at the moment that are open to members to apply, Ideas can be put forward by any and all

it's something we've done in the past, although it's been a while since our last PvP event.

We have Similar

The next UFPAC ceremony is scheduled for next month, and I want to emphasize that anyone and everyone can be nominated to be put forward for promotion, regardless of their current rank or standing.

Hey Jestersmith,
    Thanks for letting me know about the events. As I'm only around level 20 right now I'm not able to join in, but once I'm a high enough level I will join in and hopefully have a great time. The event I was talking about was a very casual event more focussed on community and getting to know each other, I hope the events you mentioned are similar as this the area I find most enjoyable in STO.

I'm very aware of the UFPAC's as I'm the one who does the write up for them. I pulled out the promotion ceremony from the PS4 Fleet as unlike the UFPAC's these are usually a very short event lasting no more than 15 mins and usually only for 1-3 people. They also happen in game with voice chat, this gives us an opportunity to tell more of the story of the fleet, something I am very interested in as the Fleet Historian. It also allows us a small amount of roleplay using Dress Uniforms and appropriate ranks that all of us, even the most RP adverse enjoy taking part in. They also usually have 30-60mins of hanging out time after for fleet mates to get to know each other and learn how they can support each other which is something I don't often find after a UFPAC due to their much longer run time and slightly later hour.

It was great to hear about your experience in the many years you have been part of the STO division.
    I was really hoping this post would be an opportunity for the STO division to tell everyone what a great time they have in STO even in these uncertain times. I had hoped that this post will become one of the ones I can lead new forum member to, to show them about what a great time being in the UFP is. Rather like I hope I will be able to use the Favourite ship post I did a while back.

To all other UFP members, my aim for this post was to share happy, funny or enjoyable moments in STO that you like to reminisce on so please share these if any come to mind.
    Ravensplat
    RavenSplat Medals

5. Star Trek Online Executive Officer

• Highly Decorated
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Receive every medal the UFP has to offer

Unlocked Sat 25 Sep, 2021 9:00 PM

0.18% have received this achievement

• Dedicated
      Rare (50 Points)

Volunteer for 1+ year

Unlocked Sat 20 Feb, 2021 10:00 PM

• The Fool
      Rare (50 Points)

Got pranked on April 1st

Unlocked Thu 01 Apr, 2021 11:19 AM

0.46% have received this achievement

• At the Helm
      Rare (50 Points)

Be Head of Starfleet Operations

Unlocked Tue 08 Dec, 2020 3:00 PM

0.07% have received this achievement

• Admiral
      Rare (50 Points)

Receive a promotion to the rank of Admiral

Unlocked Sat 26 Mar, 2022 9:49 PM

0.22% have received this achievement

• Two Factored
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Enabled Two Factor Authentication

Unlocked Sun 24 Oct, 2021 2:59 PM

0.59% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Kiflin
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    I'm only around level 20 right now I'm not able to join in,
    Even at the lower ranks you can still come along if you want cant join in but they can offer advise and assitance on what you are working towards and also i am sure if you ask there will always be someone who will be able to help with missions and so on if that would be somthing you

I'm very aware of the UFPAC's as I'm the one who does the write up for them. I pulled out the promotion ceremony from the PS4 Fleet as unlike the UFPAC's these are usually a very short event lasting no more than 15 mins and usually only for 1-3 people. They also happen in game with voice chat, this gives us an opportunity to tell more of the story of the fleet, something I am very interested in as the Fleet Historian. It also allows us a small amount of roleplay using Dress Uniforms and appropriate ranks that all of us, even the most RP adverse enjoy taking part in. They also usually have 30-60mins of hanging out time after for fleet mates to get to know each other and learn how they can support each other which is something I don't often find after a UFPAC due to their much longer run time and slightly later hour.
    The social side happens in the events normally before the UFPAC, and depending on how the groups feel they on occasion time dependant continue after the UFPAC Ceremony, If this happens and carries on after the event you only need drop into the BattleBridge on TS to join in

We did at one time have a few events running and these would range from STO to non-STO events that have not happened for a bit now assume this is due to limited time availability to all involved.

Most of this will be searchable to find easy enough

It was great to hear about your experience in the many years you have been part of the STO division.
    I was really hoping this post would be an opportunity for the STO division to tell everyone what a great time they have in STO even in these uncertain times. I had hoped that this post will become one of the ones I can lead new forum member to, to show them about what a great time being in the UFP is. Rather like I hope I will be able to use the Favourite ship post I did a while back.

To all other UFP members, my aim for this post was to share happy, funny or enjoyable moments in STO that you like to reminisce on so please share these if any come to mind.

I am sure given time some will post some sort of summary of how they feel, it's a strange time in-game at the moment with varied holidays and so on things seem to be quiet at the moment.
    Jestersmith

Jestersmith Medals
  6. UPT Executive Officer

• Commendation

• Dedicated
      Rare (50 Points)

Volunteer for 1+ year

• Correspondent
      Rare (50 Points)

• Captain
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Dean’s List
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Poster Child
      Uncommon (25 Points)

ACHV. Points
    Pronouns
    They/Them
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Kiflin
    • Jestersmith
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    Thank you to the 22 people who have already taken part in the poll at the top of this thread. Everyone else only has about 4 days to get their votes in.

And as always this post will remain open so you can share your experiences and funny/happy/great STO moments.
    Ravensplat
    RavenSplat Medals

7. UPT Executive Officer

• Commendation

• Dedicated
      Rare (50 Points)

Volunteer for 1+ year

• Correspondent
      Rare (50 Points)

• Captain
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Dean’s List
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Poster Child
      Uncommon (25 Points)

ACHV. Points
    Pronouns
    They/Them
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Kiflin
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    This poll has now closed. Thank you everyone for taking part. It was great to see what everyone's favourite part of STO is. Hopefully you can all find some people who match your playstyle as you continue your STO journey.
    Ravensplat
    RavenSplat Medals