Novalance, Sat 22 Jun, 2024 8:27 PM
Views:
Replies:
  1. Master Chief Petty Officer of the Fleet
    Master Chief Petty Officer of the Fleet

Star Trek Online Commanding Officer

• Commendation
      Commendation (150 Points)

Awarded during the UFP Award Ceremony to those who go above and beyond for the community

Unlocked Sat 19 Dec, 2020 10:23 PM

0.24% have received this achievement

• Highly Decorated
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Receive every medal the UFP has to offer

Unlocked Sat 22 Dec, 2018 11:00 PM

0.18% have received this achievement

• Pillar of the Community
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Be a registered user for 10 years

Unlocked Sat 12 Feb, 2022 12:04 PM

36.01% have received this achievement

• Captain on the Bridge
      Rare (50 Points)

Be the STO Division Commanding Officer

Unlocked 4 Weeks Ago

0.01% have received this achievement

• Head of the House [Legacy]
      Rare (50 Points)

Be Head of the House of Kular

Unlocked Wed 09 Jan, 2019 1:01 PM

0.05% have received this achievement

• Admiral
      Rare (50 Points)

Receive a promotion to the rank of Admiral

Unlocked Sat 26 Sep, 2020 8:59 PM

0.22% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    Pronouns
    Any
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Jestersmith
    • Morris
    • Remsus
    • Miles
    • Stormy
    • Eaglesg
    • darthnovawave
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    STO 240

STO SURVEY RESULTS

JUNE APPROVAL: 99%

Strongly Approve: 23%
    Approve: 14%
    Neutral: 63%
    Disapprove: 1%
    Strongly Disapprove: 0%

12/10
    Novalance
    Math!

Jestersmith

2h42t1

Morris

Very generous, thank you!

Bill

That adds up Smile

This rating is not to reflect on the department as a whole. There are a lot of good people working hard to make playing STO with their fellow fleet members a pleasurable experience. However, in the last active event I attended there was so much negativity towards the game that I left early and haven't had much interest in attending an event since. I put the "active" event qualifier because I did try to attend one event since. I showed up with people already present, no one spoke, no one acknowledged my or anyone else's existence, and after several minutes I just left.

I've seen there's a recruitment drive right now, and a push to bolster our community and improve its health. That's admirable. However, if the negativity continues the way it was when I was last active, I don't honestly think it's going to do much good.

I don't really expect much change on this front. People have a right to feel how they feel and express it amongst friends, and that's what we hope to be in this fleet. It's just unfortunate that there have been so many problems with the game lately that it has poisoned the well, so to speak.

I hope, when I am more active again, that I'm proven wrong. That it was just a rough patch that's colored my perception, and that things aren't as dire as I believe they are.

I am considering swapping to do stuff for STO, I have had good fun with the crew that usually does STO stuff in the morning for me. And they've helped me get back into the game and enjoy it.
    Novalance
    I defer to my colleagues response below

Jestersmith

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and concerns. We really appreciate your honesty and feedback.

First, it's important to acknowledge that even event hosts can feel disillusioned with the state of the game. Hosting events doesn't make one immune to the frustrations and disappointments that can arise. Despite these feelings, our hosts continue to organise events to foster community and camaraderie among fleet members.

Recruitment drives have always been a key part of our efforts to grow and improve our community. We're currently in the middle of one, aiming to bolster our ranks and improve the overall health of our fleet. Your observations about negativity impacting our recruitment efforts are valid and something we need to address together.

When you become more active again, there will be an opportunity for you to contribute directly to the change you wish to see. We're always looking for new event hosts, and you'd be more than welcome to apply. By becoming an event host, you could help steer the direction of our events and create a more positive and engaging atmosphere for everyone.

I'm sorry to hear about your negative experience at the last event. We strive to make every event welcoming and enjoyable, and it's clear we fell short in this instance. Your feedback is invaluable in helping us improve.

Thanks again for your input. We hope that when you return, you'll find a more positive environment, and we look forward to your potential involvement in hosting future events.

Morris

I concur with everything that Jestersmith expressed above. To address feeling ignored when entering one of our event's Discord voice chats, there are several possible explanations for what you experienced. The group may have been deep in a TFO, with their focus on the mission at hand. They may have also taken a break, though it would be unusual for everyone to be away from the chat. The last possibility, which I've seen from time to time, is that sometimes when someone joins the chat, either their MIC or speakers/ headphones fail to connect to the group chat, even though their avatar is showing present. I have never been a part of a group that would intentionally ignore anyone attempting to join us. My best advice is, if you aren't greeted when you join, just say hi! You should get an immediate reply. If not, most likely your MIC is not working. Watch the avatars of the others in the group. If you see green outlines appearing on and off, but do not hear anything, your speakers/ headphones may not have connected to the chat. In either of these situations, leave the chat and come back again. If all else fails, the voice chat window has a text chat window as well. Ask for help there, if needed, or DM someone in the group directly. We'll try to help get you sorted. Regarding negativity during events, it has been a challenging time with Cryptic's ongoing transition to DECA Games. With the uncertainty surrounding that, and the temporary reduction in the full upkeep and development of STO, there have been some frustrating times. With that said, you are absolutely correct in expecting a positive experience during our events. We have been, and will continue to encourage all of our volunteers to foster a positive experience during fleet events, and in all public interactions within the UFP. Thank you for your feedback and concern.

Bill

Absolutely agree with the above and there really nothing more to add.

Waiting to see what and where Decca go but the STO guys are good
    Novalance
    Same

Jestersmith

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We're all waiting to see what happens with Decca and where our journey will take us. It's a time of change and anticipation, much like exploring an uncharted sector of space.

In the meantime, it's great to hear that the STO crew is doing a stellar job. They’ve been a beacon of support, keeping the spirit of our fleet alive and thriving. Their dedication to organising events and fostering camaraderie among members is truly commendable, like the steadfast officers of Starfleet.

As we navigate this period of change, let’s continue to support each other and stay engaged. Just like the crew of the Enterprise, our strength lies in our unity and cooperation. Your participation and feedback are essential in helping us boldly go where no fleet has gone before.

Morris

I'm hopeful that DECA will have a positive impact on STO. Thank you for the nice comment!

Bill

Sounds like a great plan!

I really don't know, everything seams good.
    Novalance
    Good!

Jestersmith

f23ba0be00e71b5d88731977b3ca4905d2 13 everything is awesom.rhorizontal.w700

Morris

Thank you for the positive vibes!

Bill

We'll take that

Doing the best they can with the cards they are dealt.
    Novalance
    yep!

Jestersmith

All is good i have just ordered a new stack of Uno Reverse cards, we got this

Morris

Thank you. We have a great team!

Bill

Here, here!

This unit strongly approves
    Novalance
    This Unit suspects that Unit of bias

Jestersmith

Strong unit of approval appreciated

Morris

Many thanks!

Bill

We strongly thank you!

Seems well run, but I stopped playing. Have a case of Popcorn.
    Novalance
    Thanks!

Jestersmith

We're here whenever you're ready to return. Thank you for the popcorn whether it's Salted, Sweet, or Chilli, we're fine. Just please, no salted caramel; that might cause an issue!

Morris

You're always welcome, should you return. Thanks for the popcorn!

Bill

But what about cake?

Meow
    Novalance
    Moo

Jestersmith

cat funny quote

Morris

Good kitty!

Bill

Woof!

EVENTS

[cl4] JUNE EVENT APPROVAL: 99%

Strongly Approve: 21%
    Approve: 12%
    Neutral: 67%
    Disapprove: 1%
    Strongly Disapprove: 0%

*Makes approval noises*
    Novalance
    Thanks

Jestersmith

Morris

Much appreciated!

Bill

Smile

We've had less events than we did when I started when people were already wanting more, not less, and I've seen events lately populated by as few as three people. The last event I tried to attend had zero interaction. The former requires volunteers. I understand that. I'm not sure what can be done about the latter.
    Novalance
    Once again I'm deferring to Jester's response

Jestersmith

There's no denying it: there has been a noticeable decrease in event participation, which is disappointing to hear. Volunteers are essential for organizing successful events, and I appreciate your understanding of that necessity. Improving participation and interaction is a priority for us. We want events to be engaging and enjoyable for everyone involved.

I understand why uncertainty can lead to wariness and less commitment. All of this factors into what we can offer and do. Your feedback is invaluable in helping us address these issues. Given the current state and uncertainty surrounding Decca's direction, it's understandable that active members might hesitate to invest too much time until there's more clarity. This uncertainty undoubtedly affects participation levels.

We hope that clear direction will attract players back. If you have any ideas on how we can encourage more participation and create interactive events despite these challenges, please share them. You can message me directly, post in the forum, or use the feedback link https://ufplanets.com/contact.php. Together, we can make our events more vibrant and fulfilling for all members.

Morris

I echo what Jestersmith said. I'll add that joining our events doesn't just mean running TFOs. If you need help with your build, or help with a mission, want help knocking out Endeavors or STO Events, or you just want help gaining specific Marks for new gear....the group is always happy to help!

Haven't attended other than some gaming with ya
    Novalance
    All good

Jestersmith

Sometimes that is all that is needed

Morris

You're always welcome to join us!

Bill

Play to win.

Events on all the time attend some when i can
    Novalance
    We have been pretty consistent

Jestersmith

Attend when you want or can

Morris

Happy for you to join, when you're able!

Bill

Play more, work less Smile

Need more night shift US events ;p Thats just due to work for me though
    Novalance
    Need more US event officers volunteers *hint*

Jestersmith

Your more than welcome to join the team and see if you can get that going

Morris

I concur with what Jestersmith suggested. New volunteers to Special Ops are welcome!

Bill

Again, play more and work less

Shoutout to Bedders.
    Novalance
    Don't go inflating his ego, he's already floating!

Jestersmith

Bedders is great

Morris

Bedders is good peeps!

Bill

Shout, shout, shout

This unit strongly approves
    Novalance
    This Unit again suspects that Unit of strong bias

Jestersmith

We approve of this strong unit

Morris

Approval acknowledged and appreciated.

Bill

Nice!

Never attended.
    Novalance
    Never would of known!

Jestersmith

Always welcome

Morris

You're welcome to join us anytime!

Meow
    Novalance
    Squeek

Jestersmith

Merlin said what?!
    6undD1X

Morris

Someone feed this cat already!

Bill

Roar!!!!
    Novalance
    Novalance Medals
  2. Quartermaster

• Commendation
      Commendation (150 Points)

Awarded during the UFP Award Ceremony to those who go above and beyond for the community

Unlocked Sat 18 Jun, 2022 9:19 PM

0.24% have received this achievement

• ...and On and On
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Reach five-thousand posts on the forums

Unlocked 1 Week Ago

0.08% have received this achievement

• Highly Decorated
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Receive every medal the UFP has to offer

Unlocked Sat 30 Mar, 2024 11:00 PM

0.18% have received this achievement

• Dedicated
      Rare (50 Points)

Volunteer for 1+ year

Unlocked Fri 24 Mar, 2023 4:06 AM

0.54% have received this achievement

• Vice Admiral
      Rare (50 Points)

Receive a promotion to the rank of Vice Admiral

Unlocked Sat 29 Jun, 2024 9:37 PM

0.29% have received this achievement

• To Boldly Go On and On
      Rare (50 Points)

Reach one-thousand posts on the forums

Unlocked Sat 05 Nov, 2022 11:00 AM

0.69% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • Jestersmith
    • Miles
    • darthnovawave
    • Morris
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    To the valued UFP community member who gave us this feedback:

However, in the last active event I attended there was so much negativity towards the game that I left early and haven't had much interest in attending an event since. I put the "active" event qualifier because I did try to attend one event since. I showed up with people already present, no one spoke, no one acknowledged my or anyone else's existence, and after several minutes I just left.
    Is it possible this incident happened approx. 6 weeks (plus / minus) ago on one of our "RED ALERT FRIDAY'S"?

On one "RED ALERT FRIDAY'S" we were joined by one community member who I had never had the pleasure to interact with.
    Right after the "somebody joined the STO Discord voice channel noise" sounded, we all said "Hello" with no response.
    We tried over and over again and didn't got any response.
    So I have to concur with my superior CL5s, there was most likely a technical issue at hand.

At that given time, the game performance was absolutely unacceptable bad for some weeks, so we were all frustrated, annoyed and angry.

I would be more then happy If you would give us a second chance and join us once again.

In future I will PM any non responsive UFP community member to give this person a heads up, to prevent such an issue in future.
    Remsus
    Remsus Medals