Unlocked Fri 01 Mar, 2019 6:00 PM

12.99% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
    Reply With QuoteQuote
     –  Last edited by Isaac Angelos; Sun 19 Oct, 2014 3:10 AM.
    Thought i'd try my hand at one of these Captain's Log. Don't know how often i'll post these. I'll start off with a file on my captain then move on with the logs. EDIT: Well, that went farther then i thought lol. Now, time to write up the next part.

Personnel File: Angelos, Isaac

Full Name: Isaac Alphonse Angelos
    Starfleet Service Number: ST-801-147
    Graduated from Starfleet Academy: 2409
    Species: Half Human/Half Trill
    Next of Kin: (Classified by Order of Starfleet Command)
    Date of Birth: Stardate 61629.06
    Homeworld: Vega IX
    Place of Birth: New Arcadia

Background

Entering the academy at the age of Twenty, Teachers at Starfleet Academy spoke highly of Angelos' Engineering prowess, specifically in Demolitions, Combat Fabrications and Starship Engineering. He was also noted for his Loyalty, Stoutness and a Calm (if not cold) Exterior later on in his time at the Academy.

Though showing promise during his competition exams, Angelos' first year at the academy was marked with confrontations with other students and even a few teachers. Eventually nearing the end of 2405 with high grades but a pot marked record, causing the Superintendent to take into serious consideration whether or not Angelos was ready to be a part of Starfleet. Before the Superintendent could come to a decision, Angelos was invited into Omega Sqaudron and although he left a year later, citing that he wanted to stay out of the "spotlight" that such squads attract, he had gained a much needed foundation for his Starfleet career. Rounding out his time at the academy with courses for a command-track line officer, he graduated with his fellow classmates in 2409 and earned the First Officer spot on his subsequent training cruise.

Though his training cruise ended abruptly with an attack of a Klingon raider party, causing the death of his CO, Captain Taggart, and the invasion of the Alpha & Beta Quadrants by the Borg. Issac Angelos was given a quick, if not extremely unorthodox, promotion to Lieutenant by Admiral Quinn. The following months saw him fighting in and moving from front to front, alongside a rise through the ranks, culminating in his promotion to Captain that same year on Stardate: 83807.78.

Decorations

Starfleet Extended Tour Ribbon (with Cluster)
    Christopher Pike Medal of Valor
    Starfleet Purple Heart (3)
    Starfleet Decoration for Gallantry

Current Command

NCC-92857, U.S.S. Grissom, Excelsior Class Refit
    Commissioned: Stardate 664.96
    Decommissioned: Stardate 71720.5
    Recommissioned & Retrofitted: Stardate 81285.15

Senior Staff

Commander Elisa Flores, First Officer
    Commander T'Vrell, Chief Science Officer
    Lieutenant Commander Rasha, Chief Medical Officer
    Lieutenant Commander Lenaris Talia, Chief Tactical Officer
    Lieutenant Tanya Lazarin, Intelligence Officer
    Lieutenant Watcher, Helm Officer
    Lieutenant Jg Zarva Ohtosri, Chief Engineering Officer
    Ensign Jinx Christie, Operations Officer
    IsaacAngelos
    IsaacAngelos Medals
    "Veritas Aequitas."
  1. Deputy Head of Administration

• Commendation
      Commendation (150 Points)

Awarded during the UFP Award Ceremony to those who go above and beyond for the community

Unlocked Sat 28 Mar, 2020 10:11 PM

0.24% have received this achievement

• Pillar of the Community
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Be a registered user for 10 years

Unlocked Thu 11 Aug, 2022 1:05 AM

34.82% have received this achievement

• ...and On and On
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Reach five-thousand posts on the forums

Unlocked Fri 14 Feb, 2020 8:03 PM

0.08% have received this achievement

• Editor-and-Chief
      Rare (50 Points)

Be Federation News Service CO

Unlocked Fri 10 Feb, 2023 3:02 PM

0.08% have received this achievement

• Admiral
      Rare (50 Points)

Receive a promotion to the rank of Admiral

Unlocked Sat 24 Dec, 2022 10:13 PM

0.22% have received this achievement

• Highly Decorated
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Receive every medal the UFP has to offer

Unlocked Sat 26 Sep, 2020 10:02 PM

0.18% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    Donated
    £50+
    Pronouns
    He/Him
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    Correction: "These are the voyages of the... JUSTICEPRISE!" Wink
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Unlocked Mon 01 Apr, 2024 5:02 AM

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Sign three roll calls in a row

Unlocked Wed 02 Sep, 2015 7:01 PM

9.73% have received this achievement

• Eternal Servitude!
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Be a registered user for five years

Unlocked Mon 01 Apr, 2019 11:01 PM

76.03% have received this achievement

• Starfleet's Finest
      Common (10 Points)

Be a member of Starfleet Operations

Grandfathered

28.04% have received this achievement

• Engage
      Common (10 Points)

Join the United Federation of Planets

Grandfathered

32.62% have received this achievement

• Reliable Officer
      Common (10 Points)

Sign roll call

Grandfathered

13.84% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    Very interesting, i see dat the most of you're old senior Staff stays intact. Love the story. Thumbs up Keep up the good work !
    Kawamoto
    Kawamoto Medals
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Unlocked Fri 10 Nov, 2023 8:04 PM

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Grandfathered

• Eternal Servitude!
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Unlocked Sat 10 Nov, 2018 2:01 PM

• Tour of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

RSVP to ten events via the Events System

Unlocked Sat 09 Feb, 2019 9:01 AM

1.31% have received this achievement

• Starfleet's Finest
      Common (10 Points)

Grandfathered

• The Mad House
      Common (10 Points)

Be a member of the Holodeck

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
    Reply With QuoteQuote
     –  Last edited by Isaac Angelos; Sun 05 Oct, 2014 7:15 PM.
    Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States, Earth

The door to Isaac's bathroom slid open with the captain slowly making his way to the mirror. Rubbing his chin he looked into the mirror at what was his five o'clock shadow, now a modest beard. "Computer, time?" He asked, in a groggy tone. "The Time Is: 07:15" Isaac groaned at hearing such an early time, he had never been a morning person...even with the academy training.

"When is the meeting with Admiral Quinn?" "09:30" Could be worst, he thought, could be in the dead of night...like the last three.

He looked down at his shaver and smiled, there hadn't been much time for anything as of late. Ever since the Grissom was critically damaged by a focused energy beam from a Nicor bioship over Andoria, Isaac had been moving to and from Earth Spacedock and San Francisco attending meetings over the renewed Undine threat, turning the tide against the Borg, the ceasefire with the Klingon Empire and the very real aspect of the return of the Iconians while the ship was repaired at Utopia Planitia Ship Yards.

Finally, he thought, even looking over to the sonic shower. I might get to enjoy this morning.

08:30

"Isaac Breakfast One." The replicator whirled to life and quieted just as quick. Isaac took ahold of the cup and plate while moving over to his desk, which was still covered in padds. Once he had cleared a space, he begun on his breakfast and personal log.

Captain's Personal Log, Earth, Stardate 84149.53

"After a few weeks worth of meetings i've found myself with some spare time while the Admiralty and Starfleet Intelligence attend a few private meetings on how to proceed with the situation at the newly relocated Jenolan Dyson Sphere. Ever since the undine attacked the Sol and Kronos systems, Command has been giving them their undivided attention."

"With that i've come down to Colorado Springs, to the old USAF Academy, now a training site for fighter and shuttle training in class M atmospheres for cadets outta Starfleet Academy. The commander here was kind enough to lent me a room to use while i'm in town and allow the use of my delta flyer on base for some personal flight time, though its since been sent back to the Grissom. I'm scheduled back to Earth Spacedock in about an hour. Admiral Quinn, myself and a few others will be meeting with the captains of Task Force Six who have been patrolling along the Klingon front."

"While J'mpok has ended hostilities after the undine assault and the showing of the Iconians, there could still be a couple of Houses who would rather keep the fighting going. I'm hoping the klingons are playing ball, with all these new threats coming from those spheres opening a door into our backyard i'd rather have those task forces and fleets watching over our new found backdoor and fighting off those damn undine and whats left of the Voth rather then playing the honor game with the klingons."

"Anyways i've gone on long enough, i still need to switch into my uniform and be ready before the runabout arrives. I'll start my next entry once i get back to the Grissom."

"Computer, save and end log."

Isaac set his dishes back into the replicator and recycled them, then made his way into the bedroom and pulled his uniform out. He had taking a liking to the new Odyssey uniform but kept with the 2390 combadge, as did most of the crew under his command.

After getting set, Isaac grabbed what padds he needed and made his way to the landing pads.

09:00, Earth Orbit

The Yellowstone was filled with five other officers, not including Isaac and the pilot. All of the officers were working on their padds while Isaac sat in the copilot seat staring up at ESD, the Corp of Engineers really earned their reputation this time, he thought. They had pieced her back together, replaced all the sensor nods, retrofitted her main power core, rebuilt the destroyed parts of the starfleet section and repaired both docking bays. Though the station is back up and running there are still large sections unpowered and wrecked, mainly the civilian areas in the mid section, which is why most of the civilian traffic to the station has been either sent down to the planet or to other nearby stations.

"Control, this is S-R Nine Zero Three, approach to space dock. Over."

"S-R Nine Zero Three, you are clear to deliver your party to shuttlebay Zero-One. Over."

With that, the officers gathered their things and made their way to the exit hatch.

"Everyone heading to some meetings?" spoke up a Human commander.

Everyone answered in the affirmative.

"Can anyone remember when we used to be explorers?" chimed in a Efrosian captain.

The runabout filled with laughter. After a short moment there was a soft thud and the group made their way off.

09:15, Earth Spacedock

Isaac made his way to the main concourse, which was mostly empty except for the on duty starbase crew and a wandering repair team.
    After making his way down to one of the seating areas he took a seat up against the window and looked out into the drydock.

Full house today, he said to himself. Staring out into the dock he could see ships of all types, including a vessel Admiral Janeway servered on, the Al-Batani, was docked as well. While Isaac took in the view, an ensign exited the nearby turbolift and made his way over to Isaac.

"Captain Angelos?"

"Yes, ensign?"

"There is a transmission coming in from utopia planitia for you, you can use one of the nearby terminals."

"Thank you, ensign."

One of the new holographic terminals came to when Isaac approached and brought up the transmission, it was his first officer.

"Hey Elisa."

"Hey Capt'n, hows earth treating you?"

"Well. Though the Admiralty and SI have finished their private meetings and i'm back on duty now on ESD."

"Anymore meetings?"

"Mhm. We'll be debriefing task force six in about ten minutes. How are the repairs coming along?"

"Oh, they're coming. We finished sealing the last hull breach last night and installed the new strut. Now we're just waiting on the new warp core and nacelle then we'll begin work on rebuilding the destroyed internal sections of the ship"

"Good work. Any word yet on when these repairs will be completed?"

"The yard superintendent is saying she should be back up and running, well...in at least a month."

"A month?! Can't it be repaired sooner then that?"

"Sorry Capt'n, thats the best we can get. She was nearly destroyed so i guess we're lucky it'll take just a month to bring her back."

"...Your right. How are you? Were you able to get some leave during this?"

"A bit, managed to net a couple of days on Risa."

"Thats good, i'm glad."

"Later on Capt'n, i was wondering if-"

"Debriefing of Task Force Six will begin in five minutes. All attendees please report to meeting room eight."

Isaac smiled to himself, while the commander rolled her eyes and smiled as well."

"That'll be me."

"Sounds like it. Any idea yet when you'll be back, sir?"

"Hopefully by sixteen-thirty hours."

"I'll see you then, Capt'n. It'll be good to have you back aboard, you've been missed."

"I've missed you all as well, i'll be back soon."

With that Isaac ended the transmission and made his to the nearest turbolift.

09:30, Meeting Room Eight

The room afforded a view of earth and the newly constructed drydocks around the station, along with what starships came into view while on patrol. The room quickly filled with the officers of the task force, with Isaac and two others being the last to enter and be seated. Right on the mark a female Ocampa, the only one in Starfleet, entered the room and took a seat at the front of the table.

"Good morning. I'm Lieutenant Linnea, Admiral Quinn's aide, and i'll be overseeing this debrief."

"Lieutenant." spoke up an Andorian. "I thought we were going to be debriefed by Admiral Quinn?"

"The Admiral is currently busy with some last minute decisions, and in the interest of time because of said reason we'll have to keep this brief. Please pass your padds forward to me and we'll begin."

After having the padds gathered and passed along to an out going Intelligence officer, they began with the lead commanding officer.

"After the Klingon Defense Force received the ceasefire order, we've detected a wide array of klingon forces leaving Federation space in the Eta Eridani and Pi Canis blocks. Along with reports of cloaked groups of vessels heading toward Klingon space from the Kassae and Risa Sectors, we believe these to be the raider groups that have been harassing our supply lines for most of the war."

"Should we really be letting these raiders slip back home?" spoke up an Rigelian. "They've been abducting crews and Federation citizens, shouldn't we be intercepting them and getting our people back!"

Linnea turned to face him. "Starfleet can't afford to jeopardize this new found peace with more conflict, we'll have to let the diplomats get our people home."

"But they're right there!! We have starships in range that can stop them before they get close to their borders!"

"The lieutenant is right." Isaac said. "If we attack them now we'll risk the ceasefire with the klingons and the lives of those people if something goes wrong. Its not the best outcome for them but at least we know they'll survive till the diplomats can help."

"Sadly gentlemen, time is short so we'll just have to end here and let SI deal with the rest. Thank you for your time, you'll receive your new orders within the hour, dismissed."

As the room started to clear out, Linnea locked eyes with Isaac and motioned for him to follow. Once they were out of ear shot she spoke.

"The Admiral is just finishing talks with Tuvok, D'Tan and J'mpok. By the sound of it, the alliance will be moving forward and we'll be using the Jenolan sphere as a jumping-off point into the Delta Quadrant."

"Whats our defense plan for keeping the front door locked?"

"We'll have a Combined Joint Task Force of three Starfleet and Republic task forces along with three KDF carrier battle groups, along with various ground forces to secure and man the area around the front door. The task forces will be split up along three lines of defense starting just outside the front door, then a large area of space on the inside just in front of the door and the final line will guard the gateway itself."

"Think we got enough threes?"

"Was actually thinking of asking the admiral if we could add a few more threes, maybe even a four. You know, just to spice things up a little."

"With thinking like that you'll be an admiral quicker then i became a captain, Linnea."

After sharing a laugh the two made their way into a turbolift and headed over to Quinn's private office. While still in the lift, Lhinnea hesitated before turning to Isaac and asking about the lose of some of his crew.

"I read some reports about the Grissom after the battle over Andoria...is it true you lost two-hundred thirty-six crew members?"

"...Yeah."

"Ah...i'm sorry for your lose."

09:50, Admiral Quinn's Private Office

Once they entered the Admiral's private office Linnea went to a console at the back and started pulling up information while talking to Isaac.

"The Admiral has heard the Grissom won't be fully repaired for a month and while he sends his regards and knows how attached you are to her, he needs you on the front lines in the Delta quadrant."

Isaac sighed and rubbed his chin, he knew this would be an issue. "I'm guessing my ship won't be ready in time to be there when we step into the Delta quadrant, when will we be moving out?"

"Stardate 84194.42."

"Eighteen days? That's not a whole lot time to train a crew in a new ship."

"Nor is a year to train an ensign to captain." Linnea said with a smirk.

"Hahaha. Touché, Linnea."

Linnea left a finger on the console while turning to face Isaac, still smirking. "Ready to see your new ship?"

"Lets have a look at her."

Pressing the button under her finger powered up the holo-emitters in front of them both, after a few seconds a massive starship formed before them.

"The new line of Starfleet cruisers, The Guardian Class cruiser. She comes with a standard Duranium enhanced hull with Monotanium armor plating over important sections of the ship, along with Covariant deflector shields. Twelve Type Fourteen phaser arrays and four torpedo launchers, two forward facing just above the deflector array and two aft facing with one in the aft edge of the ship. The other is in the lower mid aft section of the neck. All launchers are compatible to multiple types of torpedos, including but not limited to: Photons, Quantums and Tricobolts devices." She looked over to Isaac. "Any questions?"

"What kind of warp core are we looking at?"

"She'll have a Class twelve warp drive with a maximum output of eight thousand teradynes per second. She'll also have an advanced theta-matrix compositor for recrystalization of the dilithium crystals."

"Cruise speed and maximum warp?"

"She has a average cruise speed of warp eight and a maximum speed of warp nine point nine. She'll also have a quantum slipstream drive."

"Crew complement?"

"Approximately one thousand one-hundred personeel."

"What auxiliary craft will she be coming with?"

"Well. She comes standard with six Workbees, fourteen Type Eleven shuttlecraft and two Yellowstone runabouts. But, since you'll be on tour in the Delta quadrant we'll be adding another pair of Yellowstones and three Flyer-classes along with the one you already have."

"Can the shuttlebay handle that many crafts?"

"Mhm. She has one of the largest main shuttlebays in the fleet, it takes up most of her deck in the aft section. There is also a hanger where the bees and most of the type elevens will be stored when not in use."

"Will the computer system be traditional or bio-neural based?"

"It'll be bio-neural gel pack based, so try not to let her catch a cold right as you get out of the dock."

"I'll do my best. Back to the torpedos for a second, what kind of complement are we looking at?"

"She comes standard with three hundred fifty photons and two hundred quantums but you'll also have forty modified Bio-molecular and ten Gravimetric torpedos."

"Definitely not short in the torpedo department. I guess i only have one more question, whats her name?"

"The Admiral pulled some strings and has managed to get you the right to name her."

"Remind me to thank him later."

After watching Isaac stare at the ship for a bit Linnea spoke up.

"Anything else?"

"No, thats enough for now."

"Want to go see it?"

"Soon. First i want to bring my first officer up to date, if thats ok?"

"Sure. I'll send a message to Plantia."

It only took a few minutes before a secure line came back, it was Elisa, seated in Isaac's ready room on the Grissom.

"Capt'n? Didn't expect to hear from you again till you were back on-board, is there a problem?"

"Not at all, just wanted to ask you something. Remember when we were on the shuttle to the Forerunner and we got to see the Vesta depart Earth Spacedock. You said you wanted to command one some day."

"Yeah?"

"Well, i can't give you a Vesta but i can give you a Guardian."

"Sir?"

"We're sending you the specs."

After a moment Elisa's second viewer lit up and her eyes went wide, followed by a few minutes of silence.

"What do you think, Commander?"

"Don't know what to be more excited about, how advanced she is or the much, much bigger quarters for us all."

"Haha. I know the feeling."

"I love her but i don't just wanna leave the Grissom high and dry, Capt'n."

"I know, i don't either. But the alliance will be moving forward and we'll be entering the Delta quadrant in eighteen days, she won't be ready in time."

"Any idea what'll happen to her, Capt'n?"

"None. Lieutenant?"

Linnea started pulling some information up on one of her padds.

"I don't know for sure, but a good deal of Excelsiors are being sent to patrol the Federation-Klingon border."

"Wherever she goes, she'll be in good hands. She'll survive and treat her new crew well, just like she has for us."

"Hear hear, Capt'n. Hear Hear."

"Tell the senior staff we'll be having a meeting in my ready room once i get back from my tour of the Guardian."

"Aye, Capt'n. T'Vrell will be "happy" to hear this, she'll finally get that private quarters shes been asking for."

"Indeed. I'll be back aboard soon."

"We'll be ready, Capt'n."

"Angelos, out"

With that the line closed and Linnea was already standing over by the door, holding her hand out toward it.

"We have a shuttle waiting, shall we?"

"Lets."

Isaac knew these next couple of weeks would be interesting.
    IsaacAngelos
    IsaacAngelos Medals
    "Veritas Aequitas."
      Very Rare (100 Points)

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Grandfathered

• Eternal Servitude!
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Tour of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Starfleet's Finest
      Common (10 Points)

Grandfathered

• The Mad House
      Common (10 Points)

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    It took awhile but the first part is finally done. I don't think the second part will be as long but i do hope to have it out before Delta Rising is launched.
    IsaacAngelos
    IsaacAngelos Medals
    "Veritas Aequitas."
  2. Senior Chief Petty Officer
    Senior Chief Petty Officer
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Unlocked Thu 22 Sep, 2022 5:00 AM

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Grandfathered

• Eternal Servitude!
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Unlocked Thu 21 Sep, 2017 11:05 PM

• Starfleet's Finest
      Common (10 Points)

Grandfathered

• tlhIngan SuvwI'
      Common (10 Points)

Be a member of the House of Kular

Grandfathered

13.05% have received this achievement

• Old School Gamer
      Common (10 Points)

Be a member of Starfleet Tactical

Grandfathered

7.00% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    Bravo!!

I really enjoyed reading your log, it gave me a sort of mental movie about the morning you described here. I look forward to reading the next installment in the trials and tribulations of Captain Angelos....
    Leoferwic
    Leoferwic Medals
    All we have to decide is what to do with the time that's been given to us.-J.R.R Tolkien
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Unlocked Thu 24 Aug, 2023 1:06 PM

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Grandfathered

• Eternal Servitude!
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Unlocked Fri 24 Aug, 2018 7:06 AM

• Dean’s List
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Pass all three Academy exams

Grandfathered

3.98% have received this achievement

• Stepping Forward
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Going from Clearance Level 3 to Clearance Level 4

Unlocked Sat 29 Sep, 2018 1:28 PM

1.91% have received this achievement

• Ensign
      Common (10 Points)

Receive a promotion to the rank of Ensign

Unlocked Sat 09 Aug, 2014 10:57 AM

3.59% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    Pronouns
    He/Him
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    I am just impressed with your ability to create such great imagery!

Bravo!
    MonsterOmen
    MonsterOmen Medals
      Very Rare (100 Points)

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Grandfathered

• Eternal Servitude!
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Tour of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Starfleet's Finest
      Common (10 Points)

Grandfathered

• The Mad House
      Common (10 Points)

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    Sorry for the next part being so late, but with the launch of DR i changed it around in what i was going to write. Also, be warned. The story contains spoilers to a few missions in the DR storyline. So read at your own discretion.

Isaac sat at his desk and slowly sipped on his drink, his ready room was darkened and the only light source being his desk's holographic okudagram and the stars streaking by his window.

A casualty report sat on his display. Over the course of the last fourteen days in the Delta Quadrant, the Vigilance had suffered eight deaths and forty two injuries. Many of those from the damaged sustained while the ship covered the fleeing Talaxians from their asteroid base when Gaul, leader of the Vaadwaur, under the guise of a meeting of peace massacred most of the remaining talaxians there.

Now after finishing its mission in the Orlitus cluster, the Vigilance was escorting the Romulan Republic's flagship Lleiset back to the Jenolan sphere after it was damaged and boarded by the vaadwaur. Giving Isaac a small amount of free time to himself.

Captain's Personal Log, Stardate 84230.92

"I haven't had time to make a personal log since we got to work on the Vigilance, our new Guardian Cruiser, back at the Sol system. The days were long and the nights longer. By the time we launched we had to head out."

"She is a tough ship though, dare i say tougher then the Grissom and we're lucky. With the things we've had to face here in the Delta Quadrant...i'm not sure if the ol' excelsior would have held up to it."

Isaac went quite while readjusting the sling on his injured left arm.

"We've only been in the Delta Quadrant for fourteen days and the whole quadrant save a few people seem to be, in one way or another, trying to kill us. Raiders, bounty hunters with a work ethic, remnants of a species nearly wiped out by the Borg now hellbent on killing anything thing that is borg. You name it, this quadrant has it. Then there is the Vaadwaur...a people from a bygone era. Put a large part of their race into stasis pods to survive the onslaught they brought on themselves. A species when last seen by the crew of Voyager was nine hundred behind the times in terms of their technology, has found itself with enough advanced technology that has sent them back to the top and in a position to take back their old territories and then some."

"Barely an hour ago we found out the hard way that they also have some kind of nigh invulnerable soldier. Damn thing wiped out entire security teams and pummeled myself plus the away team in the Lleiset's core room while we got it under some vents that were rigged to spew out an experimental type of plasma used by the Lleiset to weaken it just enough to hurt it. But even then it took a large security team bombarding it with weapons fire just to keep it away from the singularity controls, plus a photon grenade for good measure just to kill it by knocking it over into the core."

Isaac shook his head.

All i know is this, Jarok is right. We need a better way to take down those things, can't keep knocking them into singularity cores just to kill them. Then there is the Kobali. I...i don't even know what to--"

The door to Isaac's ready room chimed.

"Computer, save and end log."

"Come."

The door slid open with T'Vrell and Lenaris entering. They both handed Isaac a report and took a seat in front of him.

"Doctor Rasha has cleared all but Ensign Christie for active duty." said T'Vrell after she took a seat.

"Why?" asked Isaac while looking over the medical report she gave him.

"Overnight observation. The doctor wants to make sure there are no adverse effects from the concussion she suffered from our fight with the vaadwaur super solider."

"Speaking of the super solider, we found out his name." Lenaris said, pointing to the padd she handed him. Isaac looked through the information on the padd as Lenaris continued.

"Security footage from the Lleiset caught one of the soliders calling him Overseer Relin, and judging by his garb we believe he might be the same vaadwaur you saw leading the enemy forces when you were defending the bridge to the Kobali city."

"Was wondering if they were one and the same." spoke up Isaac, still staring into the padd.

"Lieutenant Selan is still shifting through their databanks, if he finds anything else he said he would pass it along."

Isaac set the padds down and looked up to his officers.

"Hows the Lleiset doing?"

T'Vrell answered. "They have managed to temporarily repair their core long enough for us to enter slipstream together, cutting our trip back to the sphere down to twenty hours from our current location."

"Good. I wasn't looking forward to playing dodge the vaadwaur fleet for half our trip back."

"Indeed." echoed T'Vrell."

"We'll take the lead into the stream and setup a telemetry link with them to take a load off their primary computer."

"We also have some of their injured in our sickbays still. Do we want to beam them back before we enter slipstream, sir?" Lenaris asked.

Isaac sighed quietly and turned toward the window, looking out at the Lleiset alongside them.

"...No. We'll keep them on-board until we dock at Alliance Headquarters."

"Shall we post security at the sickbays?"

"No, but i do want a security team stationed on deck twenty nine at all times while they are on-board. I don't want them getting near the Particle Conversion Matrix."

"Aye, sir. Zarva has also asked if we could stay at Alliance HQ for a day or two, to facilitate repairs to the ship."

"Field repairs with the workbees have kept us going so far, we'll be fine without the drydocks for now."

"Should we really pass up a chance to get into drydock, sir? The starboard nacelle is still giving us trouble, i mean hell, we were almost forced out of warp on our way to the Orlitus cluster. We can't keep risking it."

Isaac's eyes fell from the window to the floor and scanned along it while thinking.

"The commander is right, captain. It world be prudent to take advantage of the finished drydocks while we take on new crew and a new officer."

Isaac turned fully to T'Vrell with a confused look. "New officer?"

T'Vrell nodded. "Starfleet Command has assigned a counselor to the Vigilance."

"A counselor??"

T'Vrell gave him a look of confusion. "Its not unusual to assign a starship a counselor, more so when the starship is in many areas of conflicts and far from federation space."

"Can't be shocked, sir." Lenaris chimed in. "We never did get one on the Grissom, only a matter of time till we did on the Vigilance."

"Mmm...Ok then. We'll stay for two days"

"Would you like the personnel file?" asked T'Vrell

"Have it sent down to my quarters, i'm due back in sickbay in a few minutes and i don't want Rasha hunting me down with the bone-knitter if i don't show."

Isaac stood up and placed his cup in he replicator. "Thank you for the updates. I want you two to rest while we make our way to the Jenolan, that means you T'Vrell. You may be Vulcan but you still need rest like the rest of us."

"Captain. As you know vulcans can go weeks without sleep and--"

"Rest, T'Vrell. Don't make it an order." he said with a smile.

"Yes, captain."

All three of them stepped out onto the bridge, with the two officers making their way up to the turbolift and Isaac walking over to Elisa. T'Vrell stopped and turned to Isaac before stepping into the lift.

"There was one more thing, captain."

Isaac paused with Elisa and turned up to T'Vrell. "Oh?"

"Yes. Mr. Selan asked if you had put anymore thought into helping him improve our...vulnerabilities?"

Elisa gave T'Vrell a confused look and turned to Isaac with the same look. "Capt'n?"

Isaac shook his head with a smile. "Tell Gaius he'll have to find them on his own."

T'Vrell raised an eyebrow and nodded, continuing her way into the lift with Lenaris.

"Vulnerabilities?" Elisa asked.

"I'll tell you about it later over dinner, if we're still on that is?"

"Of course. My shift is over in thirty minutes, once your done getting that arm fixed we can meetup at my quarters around twenty hundred hours."

"I'll see you then."

An ensign spoke up. "Captain, we're being hailed by the Lleiset."

"On screen."

It was Subcommander Merol. "Captain Angelos, we're ready to make the jump to slipstream."

"Very well. We'll establish a telemetry link with you and take lead into the slipstream, that should ease the load on your end, subcommander."

Merol signaled to a officer to be ready for the linkup. "Thank you, captain. Proceed with the jump on your mark." the channel closed afterwards.

Elisa took her seat. "Helm. Bring us out of warp and to a stop in front of the Lleiset."

"Yes, ma'am."

The two ships dropped outta warp a few seconds later and the Vigilance assumed a position in front of the warbird.

Watcher turned to the captain. "We're ready, captain."

"All hands this is the captain. Take your stations, secure all systems and prepare to make the jump to slipstream."

"The telemetry link is ready, captain." said a science officer.

"The Lleiset has signaled, sir." came another officer.

"Prepare to the enter the slipstream . . .engage."

Watcher begun the countdown. "Slipstream velocity in four, three, two, one."

Both starships glowed a blue hue as they jumped. Then with a soft flash, both ships had entered the corridor.

"Status?"

Watcher tapped a few buttons on his console. "The corridor is stable and the Lleiset is directly off our aft section."

"Link?"

"Telemetry link is active and sending data."

Isaac turned to his first officer. "Another fine jump. The bridge is yours, commander."

"Aye, capt'n."

And with that, Isaac made his way to the turbolift.

"Deck eight, sickbay."

Isaac didn't know which to be more worried about. The Vaadwaur...or a Counselor.
    IsaacAngelos
    IsaacAngelos Medals
    "Veritas Aequitas."
  3. Senior Chief Petty Officer
    Senior Chief Petty Officer
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Unlocked Thu 22 Sep, 2022 5:00 AM

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Grandfathered

• Eternal Servitude!
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Unlocked Thu 21 Sep, 2017 11:05 PM

• Starfleet's Finest
      Common (10 Points)

Grandfathered

• tlhIngan SuvwI'
      Common (10 Points)

Be a member of the House of Kular

Grandfathered

13.05% have received this achievement

• Old School Gamer
      Common (10 Points)

Be a member of Starfleet Tactical

Grandfathered

7.00% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    Don't worry about it being late, the quality makes up for the wait without a doubt. It's another excellent entry in the journal, thank you for writing it!!!

Oh yeah... Definitely a counselor....
    Leoferwic
    Leoferwic Medals
    All we have to decide is what to do with the time that's been given to us.-J.R.R Tolkien
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Unlocked Thu 08 Feb, 2024 6:08 AM

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Unlocked Mon 28 Sep, 2015 8:01 PM

• Eternal Servitude!
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Unlocked Fri 08 Feb, 2019 12:04 AM

• Dean’s List
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Pass all three Academy exams

Grandfathered

3.98% have received this achievement

• Ensign
      Common (10 Points)

Receive a promotion to the rank of Ensign

Unlocked Fri 07 Feb, 2014 7:26 PM

3.59% have received this achievement

• Starfleet's Finest
      Common (10 Points)

Grandfathered

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    I love reading your stories. Can't wait for the next one to see where it goes. Keep up the good work.
    gGvrksEV1QfVLg
    “Equality and freedom are not luxuries to lightly cast aside. Without them, order cannot long endure before approaching depths beyond imagining.” ~ V
      Very Rare (100 Points)

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Grandfathered

• Eternal Servitude!
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Tour of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

• Starfleet's Finest
      Common (10 Points)

Grandfathered

• The Mad House
      Common (10 Points)

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    Just wanted to thank yall for the kind words Smile. I have the next part planned out but i have been really busy as of late. So i'll try to get it written up soon.
    IsaacAngelos
    IsaacAngelos Medals
    "Veritas Aequitas."