Uncommon (25 Points)

Sign three roll calls in a row

Unlocked Mon 28 Sep, 2015 8:01 PM

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
     –  Last edited by Solace; Fri 04 Sep, 2015 12:48 PM.
    combinedops1
    separator

Using This Guide

We enjoy the benefits of a very varied community, due to this there are only a few rules to follow when using TeamSpeak or STO channel, these follow the principles of the forum itself. Article 4 of The Federation Prime Directive. Whilst the behaviour regulations on the UFP Teamspeak are more relaxed, it is still expected that members use common sense in accordance with these regulations. Please refer to the links below.

Notification to all Starfleet vessels, new communication protocols are in effect.

The Federation Prime Directive

Federation Charter

Lieutenant Solace
    Starfleet Operations Away Team Leader

Joining The UFPlanets Channel
    Star Trek Online Tab Configuration

If you are not already aware we have a global chat channel, which we use in all fleet communications, as it crosses with both Klingons and Federation Fleets and allows cross-faction communication. Please follow the below instructions to join this channel.

Step by Step Guide
    separator
    Joining UFPlanets in Star Trek Online

1) Right click any tab on your chat window, to open up the chat settings window or press escape and select 'Chat Settings'

20515688043 07461d4b23 o

21126610592 f528b3aa89 b

2) Once this window is open, click on the "Channels" tab on the top of the window.

3) Once there, at the top of the window type into the field at the top: UFPlanets, and then click the button to the right saying "Join" (in the image below the Join button is blacked out as I have already been added to the channel)

21110554256 4267929258 b

3a) Once you have created the channel it will appear in the window below (highlighted in the following screenshot) I have other custom channel here as I am a member of several DPS channels and the UFP-Embassy for inter fleet communications.

For our purposes I have highlighted the channel we just joined.

20948654340 7e9c97a5b7 b

The following guide will show how to create a new tab and how to configure it.
    separator
    Configuring Star Trek Online Chat Tabs

This guide will show you how to 1) set up a new tab that only displays UFPlanets and in Private Messages (Tells), 2) Select which channels will and won't be displayed in a tab, 3) Change the color of text displayed for a particular chat channel (so that we can tell them apart).

21136777795 a9c7c352d7 o

The image above shows the default tab "Chat". In this section we are going to rename this tab and change the settings so the tab only displays our ingame "Tells" and "UFPlanets".

1) Following the guide above, press Esc (Escape) or right click on a tab to open up the chat setting window.

20948654240 29f0512f21 b

2) Left click the button "New Tab" as shown above.

3) Our new tab has been created, but we're going to want to rename it with a functional name. I chose "UFPlanets". You can choose whatever you wish. Once you've selected a name and typed it into the box, hit the "Rename" button.

20948885258 485a2d304b b

4) You should see the new tab we created earlier. They should be checked by default when you add them. If they aren't, check the box next to them until they appear like this. They should be the only channels selected. For our purposes I have chosen our custom channel we created in the first guide above UFPlanets and I want my ingame tells to appear in the channel.

20949997639 0400c146e2 b

5) To show the Tells I receive ingame I select the custom channel by 'ticking' the box next to and then all my tells I receive and send will show in my new tab. You can do this with custom channels such as UFPlanets. Furthermore you can create dedicated tabs for specific functions.

6) Last but not least! We can change the colour of the text for our custom channel. Next to the custom channel name and 'tickbox' you'll notice a small coloured square. Simply clicking on this square will open up a wide colour palette to choose from.

20514130194 59913f3b8d b

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact myself via PM on the forums or any of the HoK or SFO staff.

Version 1.0 by Como. NeoTrident
    Version 1.2 by LT. Solace

Lieutenant Solace
    Starfleet Operations Away Team Leader