communications relay login

A little (Albeit a very very late one) hello!

Started By:
Jackie Weaver, Sat 11 Oct, 2014 12:11 AM
Views:
Replies:
    • Set Phasers To Frag
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Win an Annual Elite Force Tournament

Grandfathered

0.04% have received this achievement

• Eternal Servitude!
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Be a registered user for five years

Unlocked Sun 08 May, 2016 7:02 PM

75.67% have received this achievement

• Tour of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

RSVP to ten events via the Events System

Grandfathered

1.31% have received this achievement

• Well Respected
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Reach reputation tier 6

Unlocked Mon 13 Apr, 2015 4:02 AM

0.69% have received this achievement

• The Mad House
      Common (10 Points)

Be a member of the Holodeck

Grandfathered

13.00% have received this achievement

• Affectionate
      Common (10 Points)

Give positive reputation ten times to other users

Grandfathered

1.59% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    Ohai everyone!

4a3

My name is Ben (Who would've guessed?!) and I've been with the UFP for 3 years now. I started off in the Community as an Ambassador in the Starfleet Diplomatic Corps (Now the Community Relations Team) and later as an RSO (Which I still am) where I began to build a rapport with fellow staff members and non-members alike. I stayed on as an ambassador for a long time until I was successful in applying for the SDC XO position back in 2012. There, I tried to ensure that the SDC was run smoothly and efficiently, maintaining a regular stream of 'Joint Fleet Events' until the Diplomatic Corps' mothballing in 2013. After SDC was transferred into the Federation Administrative Bureau as the Community Relations Team, I was also transferred and appointed as the Community Relations Team Leader. When the Federation Council was still in the testing phase, I among a few other members, were chosen to be the first ever Council members. After the testing of the Council had reached it's end, and the voting process for the new councilors had been opened, I decided to put my name down and run for the election and by the skin of my teeth, won 2nd place and became councilor of Earth, since there was a need to fill up a vacant position.

Now, many of you might not know what the Council does or what it is. So, allow me to spew information in your general direction!

The Council is a democratically elected body that serves as contacts for each of the Planet's Population of members. Under the Planetary System, there would be one councilor voted in by each planet. At the end of elections, there should be 5 councilors. They are there to ensure the voices and opinions of the general membership is heard and to bring feedback to FEO and SFC. For example, some community proposals might have gone unnoticed by the majority. The Council could ensure that a certain proposal gets the recognition is deserves by bringing it up with FEO and SFC.

Some of the powers the Council are as follows:

• Councilors would be primarily responsible for representing member interests at large in the community and provide a member voice to the running of the fleet through their own private forums.
    • Councillors would host monthly open meeting where all members are free to attend and voice their concerns.
    • Councilors would be invited to observe all Joint Session meetings
    • Feedback would be delegated down to the council level to deal with. If a member from Earth submits feedback it would be the Councilor from Earth’s responsibility to see it through to the end via PM correspondence or TS.
    • Resignations, although processed by FAB, would be housed in the Council forums so that they can be kept up to date on exit grievances and PMs if need be.
    • The proposal system would fall under the purview of the council
    • Councilors are able to propose measures up to FEO or Starfleet without having to go through the proposal system.
    • Councilors are able to challenge policy decisions should they feel the membership not react well to it.
    • The Council would be tasked with issuing fleet surveys and dissecting its data.
    • Councilors would be tasked with organizing the UFP Olympic Games. (a separate project in development)
    • Councillors are able to recommend members at UFPACs.

Now, I hope you haven't fallen asleep yet as I tried to compress as much info as possible into a short paragraph. Stay with me now, or Ainsley Harriott will come and visit you when you're sleeping :emoticon_ShiftyEyes

hqdefault

Sooooo, that's me! Just a short overview of who I am and what I do in the Community. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to PM them to me Smile

Thanks,
    Ben
    Give your meat a good old rub - Ainsley Harriott
    Read the standing orders, READ THEM AND UNDERSTAND THEM!
  1. Deputy Head of Administration

• Commendation
      Commendation (150 Points)

Awarded during the UFP Award Ceremony to those who go above and beyond for the community

Unlocked Sat 28 Mar, 2020 10:11 PM

0.24% have received this achievement

• Pillar of the Community
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Be a registered user for 10 years

Unlocked Thu 11 Aug, 2022 1:05 AM

34.58% have received this achievement

• ...and On and On
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Reach five-thousand posts on the forums

Unlocked Fri 14 Feb, 2020 8:03 PM

0.08% have received this achievement