ACHV. Points
    Pronouns
    He/Him
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
    Reply With QuoteQuote
     –  Last edited by Kerry Malone; Wed 31 Dec, 2014 1:20 PM.
    SFO 240

separator

Greetings SFO!

I thought I'd take a few moments to talk to you about my plans for the division, now that I've been asked to supervise the Kindergarten that is SFO. Suspicious

First and foremost, I should say right now that from your perspective - very little will actually change around here. However, we have a new XO as well as a new CO, so there are some changes at the very top of the pyramid. There will be two main areas of focus;

OPERATIONS
    This covers Starbase Logistics, Banking, Crafting & Logistics/Banking Staff. This section will be headed up by Wixiban.

EVENTS
    This covers all event management, such as the Away Team Leaders, the Calendar, Themed Events and staffing. This section will be headed up by Jellybug.

The big focus of the year will be on the Events side of the division, as it is my personal view that Events are the most important part of what SFO has to offer. Every fleet in STO can offer holdings and banking, but very few can offer what we can in terms of creativity, innovation and community spirit. We want to reach out, and offer something for everyone to enjoy in the coming weeks and months, and we need your help to do it.

We have new players and old in this division, encompassing a wide demographic of the planet. From the UK, to the US, to Japan to Australia. We have players from all over the globe, with one thing in common - they like Star Trek Online (Well, there's no accounting for taste really!) and they all want to be here, in UFP.

So, my question to all of you is one you've all heard before - I'm sure - but I'd like to know;

What do YOU want from the Starfleet Operations Division?
    What would you like us to do?
    What kind of events do you enjoy?

Please feel free to comment on this post, or if you would prefer to do so discretely, PM me or talk to me on TeamSpeak, or even send me an In-Game mail! I want to hear from each and every one of you. Don't think your ideas are silly, as you never know - your idea might actually be great!

We will also be doing a massive push in recruitment of staff in the new year, looking for Logistics Officers, Away Team Leaders and even a second Quartermaster! There's plenty for people, who want to step up and be involved, to aspire to do! So click on the names, and follow the links!

Are you from the US Timezone? If you are, please consider becoming an Away Team Leader or even a Logistics Officer. We need our US, and other timezoned players to step forward and be counted. I want to make SFO support everyone, not just the European members, but ALL our members. If you think you want to volunteer, please contact myself, Wixiban or Jellybug!

2015 promises to be a very interesting year, as we approach the 50th Anniversary of Star Trek in 2016. I hope you will all join me in helping to grow the SFO Division into something that each and every member can be proud to say they are a member of. Let us make the UFP Community a place people covet and admire, then sign up for and join. We need you - we cannot do this alone - and no one is unimportant.

I wish you all a very Happy New Year, and may 2015 bring you all the joys and rewards you deserve.
    KerryMalone
    KerryMalone Medals
    I'd be delighted to offer any advice I have on understanding women. When I have some, I'll let you know.
    CAPT. JEAN LUC PICARD
  2. Deputy Head of Administration

• Commendation
      Commendation (150 Points)

Awarded during the UFP Award Ceremony to those who go above and beyond for the community

Unlocked Sat 28 Mar, 2020 10:11 PM

0.24% have received this achievement

• Pillar of the Community
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Be a registered user for 10 years

Unlocked Thu 11 Aug, 2022 1:05 AM

34.67% have received this achievement

• ...and On and On
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Reach five-thousand posts on the forums

Unlocked Fri 14 Feb, 2020 8:03 PM

0.08% have received this achievement

• Editor-and-Chief
      Rare (50 Points)

Be Federation News Service CO

Unlocked Fri 10 Feb, 2023 3:02 PM

0.08% have received this achievement

• Admiral
      Rare (50 Points)

Receive a promotion to the rank of Admiral

Unlocked Sat 24 Dec, 2022 10:13 PM

0.22% have received this achievement

• Highly Decorated
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Receive every medal the UFP has to offer

Unlocked Sat 26 Sep, 2020 10:02 PM

0.18% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    Donated
    £50+
    Pronouns
    He/Him
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    Personally I would like to see more events that revolve around some of the other content that STO has to offer, for example Delta Rising. Most people have a level 60 toon by now and it would be interesting such as Kobali battlezone runs, or even some more PVP.

Although PVP is dead at the moment, why not take it upon ourselves to revive some PVP in the community? I personally would welcome the return of PVP events; having hosted those type of events personally, I feel it would be a welcome sight.
    • Pillar of the Community
      Very Rare (100 Points)

Be a registered user for 10 years

Unlocked Sat 19 Feb, 2022 5:04 AM

34.67% have received this achievement

• Paragon of Duty
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Sign three roll calls in a row

Unlocked Mon 28 Sep, 2015 8:01 PM

9.73% have received this achievement

• Dean’s List
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Pass all three Academy exams

Grandfathered

3.98% have received this achievement

• Starfleet's Finest
      Common (10 Points)

Be a member of Starfleet Operations

Grandfathered

28.06% have received this achievement

• Eternal Servitude!
      Uncommon (25 Points)

Be a registered user for five years

Unlocked Sat 18 Feb, 2017 11:05 PM

75.89% have received this achievement

• Ensign
      Common (10 Points)

Receive a promotion to the rank of Ensign

Unlocked Sat 21 Dec, 2013 6:28 PM

3.59% have received this achievement

ACHV. Points
    • Users who disliked
    • None
    • Users who liked
    • None
    Reply With QuoteQuote
    First of all, congratulations to our new Officers! Really looking forward to seeing where this leads in the coming year.

Now, as for commentary ... I'll have to agree with Solace. Well, not on the PvP part in particular, because STO's PvP is still a damned mess, but definitely that we need a variety of content, for characters of all levels.

With the adventure zones, we were given a great opportunity to have regular runs of those various areas - be that the new Kobali battle zone, the old battle zones, or even going back to the Nukara Prime incursion on occasion. Where STFs and PvE queues in general usually force us in rather tight teams of experienced players, getting a large UFP presence - like we had the first few days of the Winter event (this year, and the years before) - in one instance would be, above everything, cool.

Since my return here, I've really noticed that we have become a much smaller crowd, at least in terms of activity. Let's change that!