• None
    • Users who liked
    • Bridger
    • Morris
    • Novalance
    • Miles
    • Mack
    Reply With QuoteQuote
     –  Last edited by Bridger; Wed 27 Oct, 2021 5:02 PM.
    STO 240
    sto sfo sep
    Greetings UFP community!

Here are the September Survey Results, a big Thank You! to all in the UFP!

Links:
    Joining TS3 Server - Reach out to any CL5+ member on TS to have your CL3 permissions on teamspeak!
    Special Operations - Keep up to date with Special Operation activities for in-game Star Trek Online weekly events
    Events - Upcoming events in STO and more.

Rear Admiral Jestersmith
    Star Trek Online Executive Officer

STO SURVEY RESULTS

SEP APPROVAL: 99% (-1%)
    JUNE APPROVAL: 100%

Strongly Approve: 20%
    Approve: 22%
    Neutral: 57%
    Disapprove: 1%
    Strongly Disapprove: 0%

SEP EVENT APPROVAL: 99% (0%)
    JUNE EVENT APPROVAL: 99%

Strongly Approve: 18%
    Approve: 20%
    Neutral: 61%
    Disapprove: 0%
    Strongly Disapprove: 1%

DIVISION REVIEW:
    NOT REQUIRED

My only concern is that some members of the command team seem to be quite lacking in visible presence within the game and forum community.
    Novalance Some Members of the Command Team do not necessarily need to be a Visible Presence constantly or otherwise within the game itself as they have volunteers who do the general day to day running, infact if you do see a member of the command team regularly then that could indicate a big problem! however all of us are generally quite active on the UFP forums

Jestersmith Things you cant see that you know are there, Radio Waves/Wi-Fi, Energy/Electricity, Gravity, Wind/Air/Oxygen and Taste/Smell that last one though since Covid back in January i aint had much of its so frustrating you catch a whiff of something for a second then its gone. The worst is cooking and not being to smell that delights await me yes i cant see any of them but they are real. Just because you do not see it does not mean they are not real or even about, as a group we all speak on a nearly daily basis with regards to things and discuss what and how things are ongoing with regards to the running of STO.

Bill Although you may not see us you can rest assured that we are always monitoring the goings on regarding the division. And as Nova said, if you see us too much it most likely means there is a problem.

Bridger I am lurking in the shadows preparing for the right time to strike and to take over the world.

Do they run, I thought they flew little space ships
    Novalance Little?! the Saber class is just the right size for me

Jestersmith Who you calling little, all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by

Bill Maybe we do both

Bridger To be precise little space ships made out of pixel dust.

I do believe that a Starfleet Academy like group could be organized for incoming members so that they can learn collectively (those that need it) should be setup for STO. This would help incoming members become comfortable with other new members and veterans alike. Right now sure there are activities but you are pretty much on your own if those activities are not going on. For a new player who is just getting a feel for our community, they may feel left out.
    Novalance This sounds like a solid idea, we already have something in place like this such as "tour the fleet holdings" events and generally our Special Ops commanders run events that also include helping newer players with the game. In order to see when/where these events take place you should really check it out here

Jestersmith As we know on the forums we have SFA, The tour the holdings and SFA stuff is put on by the SFA and to be fair its not attended normally as for general learning that happens in game with advice from many in chat groups, i myself frequently help out new members as they join.

Bridger I get your point and I know STO is very complex. We will look into it to see what can be done.

I do wish more members spoke in game and would show willingness and excitement to play together with fleet mates.
    Novalance I'm on the fence here, sometimes I wish there was more positive conversation in-game and then I wish there was a lot less from the negative.
    Then again any Conversation is better than none, sometimes.

Jestersmith Not sure why you are missing members in game but when i am on plenty of others on at the same time, STO is a strange MMO and not one that encourages mixed participation, it has a lot of solo content and this has an effect on people communicating in game. Thats said as i mention i see people on all the time i see chatter and help in that chatter, i see people on TS and Discord regular these are all avenues of communication open to all members and i myself am reachable on each and every one of them.

Bill I typically see the in game chat channel being used regularly. And with both TS and Discord there are ample avenues for people to meet up and discuss things. Sometimes it's just a timing or time zone issue, but keep trying and you will definitely run into fleet mates.

Bridger That is the biggest problem with STO. It is the only Single Player MMO I know and with the gigantic Power Creep and allowing STF's to be done solo now it is only going to get worse and there is unfortunately nothing we the community can do about it.

Doing good for the state of the game, suppose it's not easy to get many events running these days
    Novalance Thats all down to member activity, so many people join up through the website, get their characters invited in and NEVER use the website again, and of course this is where our events page is!

Jestersmith State of the game is what it is despite that we do have 2 regular STO events a week on Friday and Saturday most the time you find someone attends them Saturday can be a bit busier than the Friday events. These events are open to all members regardless of ability feel free to come along

Bill Ahhh the state of the game.....

Bridger Delta Rising the best Expansion Ever!

Big, Strong, Wow!
    Novalance Tada-O! Although I do like the Shakti Pleasure Moon adverts. Btw there's an Emulator for this old MMO been going on for years now. My first ever MMO and still loads of fun even though it's dated.

Jestersmith Not one i played i will check it out though at some point

Bill Hazzah!

Bridger Bazinga!

The only group that seems to be in right place and doing a good job.
    Jestersmith The group is only as good as its members and we have some cracking people who volunteer for STO this helps us do the job we do.

Bill Ditto to what Jestersmith stated

Bridger I have the pleasure to have the best people working for me.

STObulous people!
    Novalance Well thank you!

Jestersmith STObulous members

Bill Smile

Bridger Bazinga!

Events are not obvious because they are not in STO itself and frequently there are no ways of getting fleet credits within the UFP fleets.
    Novalance Any STO event IS in STO itself, but to see upcoming events because the ingame events calandar is terrible and we don't use it for that reason. I will link the events page here again for the 3rd time incase anyone missed it, much better place to view current and upcoming events and you can RSVP to them. as for fleet credits, we are in a big active armada with 5 UFP fleets and many others, there's plenty of donation opportunity going around and we are looking into fleet project slotting to help out but it's surprisingly not as easy as slotting a project because they can sit there for weeks unfinished.

Jestersmith This i disagree with this events are at the same time every week and fleet credit earning is achievable. We have QM's who regularly slot projects and the armada always has something somewhere what i will state is that its sometimes only Dilithium and Doffs that you can slot but these are both easy to get and convert if you do not want to turn dilithium into credits then run the admiralty chain for fleet only dilithium every 10 tours you get 40k.

Bill I would just reinforce that you want to check through ALL the various fleets in the Armada when looking for places to donate and to check often as any of them may have new projects open up at any given time. It can sometimes be hard to find exactly what you want, but persistance and patience will pay off

Bridger We have stopped using the ingame STO Event Calendar i guess a decade ago by now because it is terribly coded and a very broken system.
    This is why we created the forum event page for all our supported games.
    In regards to projects we have taken measures in addition to the 13 other Fleets in our Armada there should be plenty of projects available.

It doesn’t respect the users here and the site rules are disrespectful and should be abolished. No even posts STO here and those that do are mean and don’t respect those in a Fleet and don’t participate in the game at all doing nothing.
    Novalance Obvious troll comment is Obvious.

Jestersmith I have seen that this is carbon copied on a few the forum surveys this month, Not sure either what you are meaning with "the No even posts sto" If you mean that nothing STO related is ever posted you are wrong if not i am not sure what you mean. And regarding the forum rules as stated by others they are common sense rules that are set we are a Gaming community with a lot of similar interests we all came for Trek but all have many other things in common be it gaming, tv, book or more many discussions take place in every area of the forums and the rules mean we do not see the chaos that you see elsewhere in other formats Reddit being one them place that can be very toxic.

Nothing to complain.
    Novalance Then my work here is done.

Jestersmith You can have a cookie.

Bill Outstanding!

Bridger Bazinga!
    Jestersmith

Jestersmith Medals